2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

If it does end up Stormzy Macca Cure that would be ok for me.... all three fit into the “wouldn’t mind seeing, but could miss for something else without losing too much sleep” category. Ive only been to a few festivals, and have yet to see headliners at The Park or John Peel.... so Billy Bragg Friday in Leftfield, Park / John Peel Sat and Sunday works for me, with Macca Cure as back up if I don’t fancy what’s elsewhere. Now who would fit the bill as ideal Park / John Peel headliners for me? Not sure.... are Chvrches big enough to headline John Peel? Saw them on other 2016 but sound was poor, as was crowd... in fact I’m struggling to think of an act I really enjoyed at Other stage. Pretenders 2017 probably closest. As for the Park, I thought Angel Olsen was terrific there, but don’t think she’s considered “big enough to headline” (beginning to hate that phrase on here). Goldfrapp maybe.... made the stupid decision to miss most of their 2017 John Peel set as they came on really late after Killers.... went to see Emile Sande instead... she was very disappointing. Any ideas? 

Keenly anticipating other efest users ideas of what fits into my taste in music.... what could go wrong.....

15 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

If it does end up Stormzy Macca Cure that would be ok for me.... all three fit into the “wouldn’t mind seeing, but could miss for something else without losing too much sleep” category. Ive only been to a few festivals, and have yet to see headliners at The Park or John Peel.... so Billy Bragg Friday in Leftfield, Park / John Peel Sat and Sunday works for me, with Macca Cure as back up if I don’t fancy what’s elsewhere. Now who would fit the bill as ideal Park / John Peel headliners for me? Not sure.... are Chvrches big enough to headline John Peel? Saw them on other 2016 but sound was poor, as was crowd... in fact I’m struggling to think of an act I really enjoyed at Other stage. Pretenders 2017 probably closest. As for the Park, I thought Angel Olsen was terrific there, but don’t think she’s considered “big enough to headline” (beginning to hate that phrase on here). Goldfrapp maybe.... made the stupid decision to miss most of their 2017 John Peel set as they came on really late after Killers.... went to see Emile Sande instead... she was very disappointing. Any ideas? 

Keenly anticipating other efest users ideas of what fits into my taste in music.... what could go wrong.....

I'd probably say  Chvrches are big enough to headline the Other, almost seem to big for John Peel

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Just got the i-ching out, the oracle still says Lady Gaga.

Firmly in the Gaga camp. It's been years in the making and she's got the hits / personality to kill it. People obviously thought her trajectory was on the downward after Joanne but that's clearly just not the case. She's a bonafide headliner if ever there was on.

17 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Quick show of hands... Who believes the Macca Out rumour?

I do not.

Nope.

I think he will be headlining, but even if he isn't, I think it's more likely that he wasn't booked in the first place, rather than was in and then cancelled.

we've had these "my mate works in the music biz and says XYZ" tales countless times before and they're usually full of shit.