2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

12 minutes ago, Quark said:

30 odd posts and you've figured it out. The force is strong with this one.

It isn't that hard to pick up :D

Two eFest rules:
1. Nobody knows anything, except for the people who know things, but they never really know, nobody knows, so who knows, you know?
2. Don't share your opinion on some band unless you're ready to defend it against 10 other people.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

I'm a big Beatles and Macca fan, but I can't stand Hey Jude. Especially since I've heard a lot of endless crappy panflute versions. 

I'm not a massive Beatles fan really, but I do really want to see McCartney at Glastonbury. However, the world's love for Hey Jude is something I've always been confused about. Its never worked for me.

17 hours ago, henry bear said:

Doesn't matter, it's still some feat like them or not. I work at an airport and, as it happens, met U2 when they got off the plane from Baltimore. They'd flown here as soon as the show had finished and they looked completely knackered. Just over 24 hours later they'd be onstage at Glastonbury, and soon after that back on their 767 to continue their US tour. Macca obviously won't be doing that (if he is doing Glastonbury) but he'll still have jet lag to contend with, unlike The Cure.

16 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Remember though that U2 only happened due to cancellation the previous year. The band can't not have any future plans because of other things happening.

The plan on the cards had been the same though for previous year 2010 as for 2011 - flying over immediately from a US gig. I think it was Michigan or Minnesota in 2010 that were on the calendar a few days before Glastonbury on the Friday. Willie Nelson, Snoop, Vampire Weekend into U2 that hot sunny day would have been nice. 

21 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

The lyrics are literally naa na na na, that’s why people like it.

if he closes out Sunday, it will be our 3rd 'na, na, na' sing-along of the weekend after Liam does 'Little James' on the Friday before Stormzy, and then the High Flying Birds cheekily pull out 'All Around The World' as their closer in their Sunday pyramid sub spot which Noel G prefaces by repeating his "We're off...Enjoy Paul McCartney" line he used the last time he was on the Pyramid 

1 minute ago, tevaburger said:

if he closes out Sunday, it will be our 3rd 'na, na, na' sing-along of the weekend after Liam does 'Little James' on the Friday before Stormzy, and then the High Flying Birds cheekily pull out 'All Around The World' as their closer in their Sunday pyramid sub spot which Noel G prefaces by repeating his "We're off...Enjoy Paul McCartney" line he used the last time he was on the Pyramid 

Sounds horrendous. 

7 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

Kaiser Chiefs to play before Noel and sign off their little known classic “Nanna Nanna Na” (that’s a real song folks).

Of course Kylie before them with Can’t Get You Out Of My Head and all the “na na nas” that song entails...