2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

31 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm not sure there's really such a thing as a Beatles "deep cut", but this is one of their more underappreciated songs:

Edit: I know that's a Lennon tune too. But John was better, wasn't he?

It is a damn fine tune.  Love it.

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'll give Paul this - his contributions to the other Beatles songs were the most valuable. The way he would use the bass to fill in little gaps was brilliant. Hey Bulldog and Come Together most notably.

John a fearless figurehead of the 1960s but Paul ten times the musician/songwriter. John ran out of steam in 1966.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

it's defo not echo chamber from here, but it might be old, or just wrong industry gossip.

However, this source is defo a better placed source than twitter woman is. That doesn't mean twitter woman is wrong and this source is right, but if I had to make a guess and go with one of them, I'd very definitely go with what my source is saying.

---

PS: twitter woman's unexpected solo act: Cliff Richard? :P

IF the announcement of Stormzy told us anything its that the drip feed and industry intel is most likely correct and that the Macca /Cure forecast is correct

Tbh I dunno how much I buy Don Glover's talk of hanging up the Gambino thing quite so soon. Seems to me that was something he started saying before he broke through to super-zeitgeist relevance with This Is America but after that there's got to be a little more steam left in it. He's been going on about retiring at since like 2015, and there's at least another album to come, so I wouldn't be too concerned about him being done by June next year. Doesn't necessarily mean he'll play, mind.

15 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Tbh I dunno how much I buy Don Glover's talk of hanging up the Gambino thing quite so soon. Seems to me that was something he started saying before he broke through to super-zeitgeist relevance with This Is America but after that there's got to be a little more steam left in it. He's been going on about retiring at since like 2015, and there's at least another album to come, so I wouldn't be too concerned about him being done by June next year. Doesn't necessarily mean he'll play, mind.

I also think him retiring the moniker probably doesn't mean him retiring the songs/playing live.

58 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

John ran out of steam in 1966.

Harsh enough. Johns work post 66 includes A Day in the Life, I Am The Walrus, Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds, All You Need is Love, Revolution, Happiness is a Warm Gun, Don't Let Me Down, Dear Prudence, Come Together, I Want You Shes So Heavy, Working Class Hero, Cold Turkey, Imagine, Jealous Guy, Instant Karma, Gimme Some Truth, How Do You Sleep, Love, God, Julia, Glass Onion....... Bungalow Bill.  

Most of his best work. He was on fire from A Hard Days Night through to Revolver though granted. Relentless stuff. 

• Upvote 1

I thought John's best work was POST 1966...

I don't really have a side in the John vs Paul debate. Both wrote some of the greatest tunes of all time. I'm just glad Macca is still touring and giving younger fans the chance to see some of those amazing songs live. 

Just now, danbailey80 said:

So has their been any new info since the 'Twitter Women's tweets? Sorry am too busy to read back. 

Really hoping for Macca. 

Neil heard over night from one of his sources that Macca and The Cure are on, but could just be gossip. Might be better placed gossip than Twitter Girl though.

Who knows essentially. But it's definitely Macca.

57 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

He’s always reiterating it though, so I’m not sure he’s having second thoughts. I think he’s got that much other art to be getting on with that his relevance as Childish Gambino will carry over into more lucrative and expressive Donald Glover ventures.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Re: The Cliff thing mentioned further up I wondered a few weeks ago if he could be the Avalon novelty act this year.

Cliff suggested on telly that he was too expensive for the legends slot before so I doubt it.