2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Also we shouldn’t go around referring to grown woman we don’t know as ‘girl’. Seems kinda patronising.

Nice try on this by the way dude. Even if everyone immediately ignored it!

I kind of believe it. Don't know why. Just seems very in keeping with what I expect from my Glastonbury headliners experience to have a nailed-on suddenly be discounted!

32 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

It's Stormz, The Cure and Macca.

if you don't believe that you are going by twitter girl, which is fine, but it's bs.

because

its

Stormz, The Cure and Macca.

this is like Radiohead/Adele all over again (and I do love it.)

but

its Stormz, The Cure and Macca. 

Someone would've heard something by now. 

No it isn't. That was people trying to convince themselves their favourite band was playing and coming up with wild theories to believe it was possible.

This is something that nobody wants to happen but they're reluctantly thinking it could be true as it's come from several different angles.

And people have heard something by now, that's literally why it's being discussed.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

No it isn't. That was people trying to convince themselves their favourite band was playing and coming up with wild theories to believe it was possible.

This is something that nobody wants to happen but they're reluctantly thinking it could be true as it's come from several different angles.

And people have heard something by now, that's literally why it's being discussed.

outside of the twitter fiasco and Neil's Arctic monkeys info on what basis do people believe this is true?

Just now, Honeybane said:

outside of the twitter fiasco and Neil's Arctic monkeys info on what basis do people believe this is true?

The other person who posted in here saying they'd heard the same thing. And also someone on here who'd PM'd me stuff they've heard but doesn't want to post it publicly (I'm not gonna say who because obviously they don't want it posting everywhere).

That's two people in different places who've heard Macca has dropped out (one of them being in a band so obviously having some music industry connections, even if she hasn't got correct info through them), a poster from this site with proven decent info who'd heard someone else was headlining Saturday night, and Neil hearing Arctic Monkeys were approached to headline two weeks ago.

It's hardly mental to think that there could be something to all of that.

Just now, The Red Telephone said:

Must have missed something somewhere, because I was working on the assumption that Macca was Sunday, Bobby Smith and the boys on Saturday. Has something happened to rule The Cure out of Saturday?

Macca has a date in the US on the Wednesday right?

I believe a few bits and pieces came along putting Macca on the Saturday and The Cure on the Sunday, which definitely makes more sense I think.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Has there been another headline act that’s been playing in the USA so close (26th June)  to the rumoured Glastonbury performance? I have serious doubts that’s realistic...

U2 played Baltimore on June 22 2011, Glastonbury on 24th, then back stateside for another gig on 26th, which is some going 

21 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Must have missed something somewhere, because I was working on the assumption that Macca was Sunday, Bobby Smith and the boys on Saturday. Has something happened to rule The Cure out of Saturday?

Macca has a date in the US on the Wednesday right?

The Cure have a Belgian date on the Friday tho.

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

The Cure have a Belgian date on the Friday tho.

They could easily do the Saturday though, travelling from Belgium is easy (I know there has been the odd bit of info to suggest Sunday). The Libertines flew straight in from Moscow to do that 2015 slot if I recall, Belgium to England is nothing

Edited by mufcok

Just now, mufcok said:

They could easily do the Saturday though, travelling from Belgium is nothing (I know there has been the odd bit of info to suggest Sunday). The Libertines flew straight in from Moscow to do that 2015 slot if I recall, Belgium to England is nothing

They have no dates in different countries on consecutive days tho.

If The Cure and Macca both head straight to the UK after their shows, Macca will be here by Thursday night and The Cure will be here Saturday morning.

Macca has consecutive dates on his tour so I have no idea why, once he's back in the UK, he needs three days' rest before he can perform again. Or why The Cure playing Glastonbury the day they land in the UK is more likely.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

They have no dates in different countries on consecutive days tho.

If The Cure and Macca both head straight to the UK after their shows, Macca will be here by Thursday night and The Cure will be here Saturday morning.

Macca has consecutive dates on his tour so I have no idea why, once he's back in the UK, he needs three days' rest before he can perform again. Or why The Cure playing Glastonbury the day they land in the UK is more likely.

Age and jetlag? I get hit bad with jetlag at times flying from America to the UK, especially the west coast of America and I'm 30. He's 76.. not sure on the rest of The Cure but Robert Smith is approaching 60? Macca still has some years on him, I imagine that extra 24 hours would help him a lot

But who knows. Did the girl on Twitter not specifically say The Cure for Saturday as well? I know where probably recycling old ground here.. 

2 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Age and jetlag? I get hit bad with jetlag at times flying from America to the UK, especially the west coast of America and I'm 30. He's 76.. not sure on the rest of The Cure but Robert Smith is approaching 60? Macca still has some years on him, I imagine that extra 24 hours would help him a lot

But who knows. Did the girl on Twitter not specifically say The Cure for Saturday as well? I know where probably recycling old ground here.. 

Jetlag needn't be a problem, he can just carry on living as though he's in the same time zone and he'll be on stage at Glasto at what should be like 3pm in Phoenix.

An extra 24 hours would help Macca more than Bob Smith, but he's already got more than twice as much rest as The Cure have if he does Saturday.

Yeah she did, but the person on here said the Saturday headliner has pulled out, so it's 1-1 on that score.