2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah, a few posters have had texts off friends who know these things saying ‘Fri-Stormzy, Sat-McCartney, Sun-The Cure’. A big deal wasn’t made of them because we were already zeroed in on that outcome.

in which case twitter girl is clearly wrong and should be ignored by anyone believing The Cure are Sunday.

Edited by eFestivals

9 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Edit: And Twitter girl said it's a solo act who was a massive surprise and she thinks they may turn it down. Mumford and Sons don't fit that at all.

Maybe she was talking of an offer to Kendrick given he is now seemingly about.

The surprise being that it would seem unlikely given the Stormzy announcement.

I realise I'm clutching here...

Just now, gibble said:

To me, Stormzy was booked as headliner precisely because they didn't want to book another american rapper (amongst other things).

8 minutes ago, gibble said:

Don’t worry. I’m gonna take the clutch even further.

debate with me I invite it. I doubt Stormzy was their first choice. Someone was in talks and it fell through. Hence the fact Stormzy got the slot and not someone else.

why do I think this? Because Stormzy could easily have subbed. It wasn’t a position where they would only get him headline or nothing. He’s got the slot because there was no one else available for it (in my mind)

if the macca rumour is true then that means 2 major acts they had in mind haven’t gone through with it. Which just seems really bad luck for glastonbury. 

If (in taking into account timing) Stormzy was booked for a headline before macca pulled out. I highly doubt they’ve managed to be able to pull Lady Gaga out of nowhere. If so, why not book her for Friday headliner?

i think that if macca has pulled out we aren’t going to get someone like Gaga replacing him. Unless she became available only recently 

if it’s true she is doing BST, then that surely must of been booked ages ago right?

edit. I think the timings of when these supposed pull outs have happened are really important 

Edited by Matt42

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

in which case twitter girl is clearly wrong and should be ignored by anyone believing The Cure are Sunday.

Maybe. But the days could have been jumbled by whoever told her. Someone else also heard that Saturday’s headliner has pulled out - which would be McCartney in this.

Also we shouldn’t go around referring to grown woman we don’t know as ‘girl’. Seems kinda patronising.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

debate with me I invite it. I doubt Stormzy was their first choice. Someone was in talks and it fell through. Hence the fact Stormzy got the slot and not someone else.

why do I think this? Because Stormzy could easily have subbed. It wasn’t a position where they would only get him headline or nothing. He’s got the slot because there was no one else available for it (in my mind)

if the macca rumour is true then that means 2 major acts they had in mind haven’t gone through with it. Which just seems really bad luck for glastonbury. 

If (in taking into account timing) Stormzy was booked for a headline before macca pulled out. I highly doubt they’ve managed to be able to pull Lady Gaga out of nowhere. If so, why not book her for Friday headliner?

i think that if macca has pulled out we aren’t going to get someone like Gaga replacing him. Unless she became available only recently 

if it’s true she is doing BST, then that surely must of been booked ages ago right?

The info of Macca pulling out and being replaced by a mystery name came after Stormzy was announced.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

You sound like a bit of a weapon if i’m honest (no offence). 

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah so there’s conflicting info.

anyone considered that maybe McCartney pulled out a while ago and it’s actually Stormzy that was maccas replacement?

would fit the info she had about a solo act filling in to replace? Then they just did a day shift and put Stormzy on the Friday?

we have no idea when the McCartney pull out happened? Could have been a while ago as Neil said that info is quite old

No, because Twitter girl said it was Stormzy, Macca and The Cure and the Macca replacement is a solo artist who's been approached but not signed yet and they surprised her and she thinks they may say no.

9 minutes ago, gibble said:

Hopefully, and hopefully the reason she was surprised is because of it meaning two hip-hop headliners, and she thinks he could say no because he didn't seem to be active and apparently asks for a lot of money.

But I think it's very unlikely.

21 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I doubt Stormzy was their first choice.

I think he probably was. It looks pretty certain that he was signed up as headliner at the end of the summer, and booked that far in advance certainly doesn't imply that they were struggling to find an act they wanted.

Edited by eFestivals

I can’t belive I’m entertaining this idea but Stormzy was 100% their 1st choice.

You don’t book a headliner and then have them pull out nearly a year before the gig and then just bumb the sub up straight away. They’d have still been trying to book someone else now as there’s still bands who are free, and Stormzy wouldn’t have been announced till April.

The Cure are Sunday and whoever has is the Saturday headliner has potentially pulled out according to twitter girl. The Cure arnt gonna pull out of Glastonbury so it all points to Macca if it’s true which I think it is.