2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

51 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

bad times 

16CD9D6E-6862-4BD4-989A-D729B4EE5A1F.jpeg

Glad to see Billie Eilish is doing major festivals. Given she's 16, i didn't think she'd put herself under that pressure. That girl is going to be fucking massive if she carries on as she's started. Hoping she pops up on Park next year.

8 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Glad to see Billie Eilish is doing major festivals. Given she's 16, i didn't think she'd put herself under that pressure. That girl is going to be fucking massive if she carries on as she's started. Hoping she pops up on Park next year.

I assume she'll be celebrating her GCSE results like everyone else there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

That R+L poster is grim. It has also made me feel extremely old as I don't know half of the names on it! The one's I do know are pretty shite as well. Bastille are awful, the Mrs tried to drag me to see them a few year back- I went elsewhere after 2 songs which was more than generous i thought. 

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

a couple of names weren't even in the efests bands database, and there's about 100,000 bands in that.

Out of nothing more than curiosity, has that been compiled by yourself over the years or was it acquired through some sort of data bank?

Edited by Mouseboy11

6 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Out of nothing more than curiosity, has that been compiled by yourself over the years or was it acquired through some sort of data bank?

compiled ourselves, from bands on the line-ups of UK festivals, plus plenty around the world too.

It's quite common for smaller festies to have bands not in the database (which then get added), very unusual for a first announcement for something the size of R/L.

11 hours ago, Quark said:

eFests: proud sponsors of slapping down newcomers with opinions.

Seriously, what the hell has happened here? Even Russy observed the unwritten rules of going light on new posters and not calling people c**ts until they'd been a round a bit.

2 hours ago, jparx said:

Can we pin this comment or something? Maybe it's the fallow year making people grumpy but you're spot on, and the danger is it could scare off new users. There's a line between rude and friendly micky taking. 

I've been thinking this of late. I'd pinned it down to the T-Day agro not dissipating, but maybe it's actually tied in somehow to Russy's conspicuous absence. Despite a penchant for dishing out the c-word, he was somehow holding the e-fest cosmos together. 

Why's that Yungblud bloke popping up everywhere now? I saw he was the only other act on the Muse day at Rock Werchter and then remembered he's that weird kid from Donny. Wish I was the guy from Donny who's the only act on Muse day at Rock Werchter.

And Bang Bang Romeo are there, too. We're on the fucking map, boys.

Donny takeover.

BearFur next year.

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I've been thinking this of late. I'd pinned it down to the T-Day agro not dissipating, but maybe it's actually tied in somehow to Russy's conspicuous absence. Despite a penchant for dishing out the c-word, he was somehow holding the e-fest cosmos together. 

Is he ok? Did he get a ticket?

Thought the Stormzy announcement would draw him out to offer his take but he has been conspicuous by his absence.

48 minutes ago, Quark said:

Not a bloody clue mate.  And I've made my peace with that :lol:

50 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Every year that yellow poster comes out and every year I’ve heard of fewer and fewer names on it.

Who the hell are half these people?

Glad I'm not the only one. I spent my breakfast looking up "Juice Wrld" on my phone. I thought it was like Cadbury World but for Tropicana.

Campelphat is one of the worst band names I have ever encountered. 

Also, if the boneroo poster was a bit early seeing as its not till June, what are R+L doing releasing this 9 months before? It's not like its anything to shout about.... (Although, I wouldn't mind seeing The Distillers. Do they count as a guilty pleasure?)

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Why's that Yungblud bloke popping up everywhere now? I saw he was the only other act on the Muse day at Rock Werchter and then remembered he's that weird kid from Donny. Wish I was the guy from Donny who's the only act on Muse day at Rock Werchter.

High up the second stage at Pukkelpop this year. Belgians love him.

3 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Didn’t Post Malone play this year? What the fuck?

He is The Strokes for the modern age.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Is he ok? Did he get a ticket?

Thought the Stormzy announcement would draw him out to offer his take but he has been conspicuous by his absence.

I don't remember seeing anything about him getting a ticket or not. Hopefully he just has better things to do with his time now ?