2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Makes no difference seeing as 1. They're in Belgium on the day we think Macca may have pulled out of, and 2. They were already in the area so moving those dates to June doesn't mean anything.

No that’s not true

information has pointed to Cure being on Saturday right? Mumfords are playing RW on the Saturday so they could play Sunday.

also didn’t that twitter user say Saturday headline was the cure?

i don’t want it to be Mumfords but don’t discard them just because you don’t like them. I’d say they are more likely (and cheaper) as a back up booking opposed to pulling Gaga out of nowhere.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

i don’t want it to be Mumfords but don’t discount them just because you don’t like them. I’d say they are more likely (and cheaper) as a back up booking opposed to pulling Gaga out of nowhere.

And didnt Nail have info on a "band" being approached, which he'd initially discarded as he thought headliners were confirmed and now is questioning....

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

No that’s not true

information has pointed to Cure being on Saturday right? Mumfords are playing RW on the Saturday so they could play Sunday.

also didn’t that twitter user say Saturday headline was the cure?

i don’t want it to be Mumfords but don’t discard them just because you don’t like them. I’d say they are more likely (and cheaper) as a back up booking opposed to pulling Gaga out of nowhere.

I'm not discarding them as I don't like them. I actually wanted the third headliner to be someone i don't want to see because I don't want three nights at the Pyramid.

Based on tour dates it seemed more likely that The Cure would be on Sunday than Macca, and then Twitter girl's info said The Cure Sat and Macca Sun but someone on here on the same day said they'd specifically heard that Glastonbury's Saturday headliner has pulled out. So yeah we have info of him on either day, so it's 50/50 if you just base it on that, but when I take into account tour dates I'd say it's more likely that he was the Saturday headliner. But yeah, that's not a definite.

Edit: And Twitter girl said it's a solo act who was a massive surprise and she thinks they may turn it down. Mumford and Sons don't fit that at all.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

Yeah so there’s conflicting info.

anyone considered that maybe McCartney pulled out a while ago and it’s actually Stormzy that was maccas replacement?

would fit the info she had about a solo act filling in to replace? Then they just did a day shift and put Stormzy on the Friday?

we have no idea when the McCartney pull out happened? Could have been a while ago as Neil said that info is quite old

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

have they? I've only seen reasoned guesses.

Yeah, a few posters have had texts off friends who know these things saying ‘Fri-Stormzy, Sat-McCartney, Sun-The Cure’. A big deal wasn’t made of them because we were already zeroed in on that outcome.

Edited by dentalplan

15 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Makes no difference seeing as 1. They're in Belgium on the day we think Macca may have pulled out of, and 2. They were already in the area so moving those dates to June doesn't mean anything.

Saw them in Glasgow last night.  If it’s any consolation the banjo has been ditched for more than a few songs, maybe not headliner material but certainly entertained the crowd. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah so there’s conflicting info.

anyone considered that maybe McCartney pulled out a while ago and it’s actually Stormzy that was maccas replacement?

would fit the info she had about a solo act filling in to replace? Then they just did a day shift and put Stormzy on the Friday?

we have no idea when the McCartney pull out happened? Could have been a while ago as Neil said that info is quite old

Considering how Storm Z had been teasing his announcement a while back, seems unlikely that's the case.

Just now, Matt42 said:

that seems very unlikely. Stormzy instagrammed at the end of the summer, and it's pretty clear now he was booked as headliner back then.

Just now, Matt42 said:

the longer ago that Macca pulled out (if he was in so that he could pulled out), the stranger it is that there's no one saying that he's pulled out apart from twitter girl.