Jump to content
FuzzyDunlop

Other Stage

Recommended Posts

I walked away early (think I was heading over to the Park to catch Night Beats) and was comfortable I wouldn't be missing anything. It wasn't great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I enjoyed James in 2016

A wet miserable post referendum morning not helped by the lack of a greatest hits set from Tim & Co. Enjoyed C&TQs considerably more :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are the only one of these "special guests" who did a good job opening that stage for me.

I enjoyed them. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

James would be max 4 places higher on the Other Stage if they were announced normally. the idea that they'd be anywhere near the top, let alone headline, is laughable. it's not 1994 anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

James would be max 4 places higher on the Other Stage if they were announced normally. the idea that they'd be anywhere near the top, let alone headline, is laughable. it's not 1994 anymore.

They’d have got bigger crowds than 2017’s Other headliners

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zico martin said:

A wet miserable post referendum morning not helped by the lack of a greatest hits set from Tim & Co. Enjoyed C&TQs considerably more :)

Agree with that, though not ideal conditions for sit down. The set was cut short, I reckon by the delayed start. Christine and TQ easily the best on the other for me in 2016 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Agree with that, though not ideal conditions for sit down.

Tim: “Hey lads have you seen the state of it out there? Let’s not play the big one today otherwise those stupid c***s will be plonking themselves in that shit”

Edited by HeyPorter
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, hurdy said:

If Jake Bugg can headline The Other, then so can James

I’m gonna read this as if it is a joke and take it as a joke. 

2014 was weird. Plenty of festivals took a punt on Jake Bugg skyrocketing with his second album and yet it completely flopped and now he’s completely forgotten.

he either had a great manager or he’s become a perfect example of a flash in the pan. Seeing his name just then reminded me that he existed once

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, hurdy said:

If Jake Bugg can headline The Other, then so can James

If Jake Bugg can headline The Other, so can I.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I am a fan, having seen James a few times, I can confirm the general vibe of that Thursday morning set was disappointment. Far too many new songs VS classics. Big missed opportunity. 

As for headlining The Other, it's not going to happen. 

At best 3rd from top. You might get a headline JP (like Suede) although unlikely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Although I am a fan, having seen James a few times, I can confirm the general vibe of that Thursday morning set was disappointment. Far too many new songs VS classics. Big missed opportunity. 

As for headlining The Other, it's not going to happen. 

At best 3rd from top. You might get a headline JP (like Suede) although unlikely. 

It was Friday morning not Thursday

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I’m gonna read this as if it is a joke and take it as a joke. 

2014 was weird. Plenty of festivals took a punt on Jake Bugg skyrocketing with his second album and yet it completely flopped and now he’s completely forgotten.

he either had a great manager or he’s become a perfect example of a flash in the pan. Seeing his name just then reminded me that he existed once

Yep, but even now he'd still play higher at festivals than James.

It is pretty rotten for the dude though - to be 25 and those type of slots already having come and long gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a great time watching James open the Other. Maybe it was the need for some form of uplift after the Brexit result had got me down. Maybe it was the can of beer I was drinking. Maybe it was both. All I know is that I really enjoyed that mid morning set!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, sime said:

I had a great time watching James open the Other. Maybe it was the need for some form of uplift after the Brexit result had got me down. Maybe it was the can of beer I was drinking. Maybe it was both. All I know is that I really enjoyed that mid morning set!

Yes we enjoyed James after the delayed start, they needed more straw at the front of stage. Good opener and as you say there was a lot of despondency after the euro result. They always mix up their set rather than play a greatest hits .  The set was cut short and I reckon they missed out sit down and went straight into laid to finish off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GrooveCity said:

@eFestivals Would love to hear about the Billie Eilish rumour! 

 

Big fan - Would definitely be keen on seeing her!

Apparently her brother leaked some tour dates that included her on the Sunday of Glastonbury, although I don’t think there’s a screen cap of it which is why she’s only a rumour and nothing more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

They are the only one of these "special guests" who did a good job opening that stage for me.

I enjoyed them. 

 

I thought they were great too. They're an active band still making records not a heritage act, anyone expecting all oldies and no new songs was deluded. They've made more records since their heyday than they did during it, if they played oldies the casual fan may not be aware of some of them anyway. They played 5 oldies I knew, Come Home was played - i'd much prefer to hear that than Sit Down.

Edited by Johnnyseven
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought James were really good and I’m not a massive fan. Made me listen to more after the festival anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought James did a great job but must add I am a big fan seen them lots of times . Didn't need the hits as I knew all they played and finally was my first Glastonbury and my first act so I was always going to be into it and a little bit in awe thinking I'm finally here.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...