Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

Dunno why Courteeners get a lot of hate, watched them at Glastonbury 2015 not knowing many of there songs and they were one of my highlights tbh that year watched them 5x since always preform top live band. Sold out 50k at Heaton Park in June even the mighty Noel Gallagher can’t manage that these days still a lot of tickets about for his show. Give um a chance easy to join the sheep and put them down. They got where they have with no backing at all from the mighty Radio One...... ✌?Peace Out

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, ITK19889 said:

Dunno why Courteeners get a lot of hate, watched them at Glastonbury 2015 not knowing many of there songs and they were one of my highlights tbh that year watched them 5x since always preform top live band. Sold out 50k at Heaton Park in June even the mighty Noel Gallagher can’t manage that these days still a lot of tickets about for his show. Give um a chance easy to join the sheep and put them down. They got where they have with no backing at all from the mighty Radio One...... ✌?Peace Out

They are from up there though, not about to announce a date at Finsbury for eg are they, and the point they are down to sub the Other...not even planned to headline it tells you where they are generally. They got away subbing Reading because a lot of the Manc crowd will go the short distance to Leeds for it, if the alternate site wasn't anywhere near that I'd doubt they get it and their IOW positioning lends to that too.

11 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Can we have a recap of who’s in the running for the headliner and sub headliners of Other? 

Tame Impala headlining Friday, Chemical Brothers Sunday.

Two Door Cinema Club subbing Friday or Sunday, Courteeners were apparently arranged to sub The Prodigy on Saturday so would imagine they're still gonna sub the Other that night.

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

They are from up there though, not about to announce a date at Finsbury for eg are they, and the point they are down to sub the Other...not even planned to headline it tells you where they are generally. They got away subbing Reading because a lot of the Manc crowd will go the short distance to Leeds for it, if the alternate site wasn't anywhere near that I'd doubt they get it and their IOW positioning lends to that too.

What does it matter what part the country there from I from Devon am I not meant to like them ? They have sold out 3x 50k crowds over the years...Stormzy ever done a 50k crowd, Has the Foals even done a 50k crowd.....? 

Im not debating there slot I don’t care if they headline the John Peel stage be better for me I’m just miffed why they get so much hate from people who have never probably seen them play or bothered to listen to there albums... I’m not bothered about the foals would’nt watch them if they was in my home town but I may give them a chance at Glastonbury that’s what it’s all about isn’t it actually no sorry there from Oxford not aloud to like them... ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, ITK19889 said:

What does it matter what part the country there from I from Devon am I not meant to like them ? They have sold out 3x 50k crowds over the years...Stormzy ever done a 50k crowd, Has the Foals even done a 50k crowd.....? 

Im not debating there slot I don’t care if they headline the John Peel stage be better for me I’m just miffed why they get so much hate from people who have never probably seen them play or bothered to listen to there albums... I’m not bothered about the foals would’nt watch them if they was in my home town but I may give them a chance at Glastonbury that’s what it’s all about isn’t it actually no sorry there from Oxford not aloud to like them... ?

I didn't say it mattered where they are from like that or that you can't like them, I said given where they are from is why they will sell what they will in Manchester. Richard Ashcroft is headlining Neighbourhood....I'm a fan but do you think he's headlining that if the location wasn't Manchester based?, he isn't the size of George Ezra by a long shot who confidently is really bigger than that slot but no doubt taking lower that he could to cover a wider span of events.

1 hour ago, ITK19889 said:

While they are definitely huge in the north-west mainly, they have definitely go bigger in the south of the country these last few years. They used to struggle to sell tickets in the south, but that's never the case now.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I didn't say it mattered where they are from like that or that you can't like them, I said given where they are from is why they will sell what they will in Manchester. Richard Ashcroft is headlining Neighbourhood....I'm a fan but do you think he's headlining that if the location wasn't Manchester based?, he isn't the size of George Ezra by a long shot who confidently is really bigger than that slot but no doubt taking lower that he could to cover a wider span of events.

Fair enough I get what your saying, I just see a lot of hate on here & twitter for them & I just personally don’t get it. Think there brilliant & there definitely getting more popular down south not 50k popular but definitely more popular.

Anyways Have a fantastic festival God Bless The Band & All That..... ?

I've seen them live 13 times. Haven't seen them for I think 7 years now so wouldn't mind catching them again to be honest. I've nearly forgiven them for giving United Not 19 Forever (not sure I ever will completely ahah).

I'm not sure they really need defending from a few jokes on an internet forum though, as you say they're doin alright for themselves.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Two Door Cinema Club subbing Friday or Sunday, Courteeners were apparently arranged to sub The Prodigy on Saturday so would imagine they're still gonna sub the Other that night.

I noticed that Two Door were announced for Garorock today, so I think they can only play Friday now.

2 hours ago, fuzzy_logic said:

The Human League - 99.9% certain ?

I bloody well hope so. I would be ecstatic at that.

I don't like the Courteeners because they are crap. This is coming from someone who is as Mancunian as you can get. They are extremely lucky they broke through when there was no other decent bands in Manchester, so they seem to have got extremely lucky as the youth in Manchester had no one else to champion. If they had broken through during the 80 and 90's then they would have got absolutely nowhere. Compared to the Mancunian bands of that period, they are abject, it is just blah, blah with a guitar, they are light years behind in terms of quality. Just look at bands like Puressence or the Chameleons. Both are so much better than the Courteeners it is untrue. Yet because of when they broke through, they never really got a look in. If James play all their big tunes at Heaton Park then they will absolutely blow the Courteeners away.

Edited by eastynh

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

I bloody well hope so. I would be ecstatic at that.

I don't like the Courteeners because they are crap. This is coming from someone who is as Mancunian as you can get. They are extremely lucky they broke through when there was no other decent bands in Manchester, so they seem to have got extremely lucky as the youth in Manchester had no one else to champion. If they had broken through during the 80 and 90's then they would have got absolutely nowhere. Compared to the Mancunian bands of that period, they are abject, it is just blah, blah with a guitar, they are light years behind in terms of quality. Just look at bands like Puressence or the Chameleons. Both are so much better than the Courteeners it is untrue. Yet because of when they broke through, they never really got a look in. If James play all their big tunes at Heaton Park then they will absolutely blow the Courteeners away.

It still bothers me that James are supporting them. Their back catalogue is immense and they’re always superb live. Even cracked America a tiny little bit. Should be massive and they’re still producing decent albums to this day whilst their 90s counterparts ran out of juice a long time ago. 

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Friday = Tame Impala headline and TDCC sub 

Saturday = ? Headline and Courteeners sub

Sunday = Chem Bros headline and ? Sub.

Any wild guesses for mystery headliner and sub?

3 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Friday = Tame Impala headline and TDCC sub 

Saturday = ? Headline and Courteeners sub

Sunday = Chem Bros headline and ? Sub.

Any wild guesses for mystery headliner and sub?

On the Acts Touring thread, someone has suggested Smashing Pumpkins/Bill Corgan doing some solo shiz. That lineup does look like its missing something a bit more alternative.... tbh I would bloody love Smashing Pumpkins into the Chems!