Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

I didn't watch anything at the other stage in 2017. Hoping for some better fare in 2019.

As for headliners, who are decent options?

Chemical Brothers (again) 

Other than that, I am struggling.

I'd love for Glastonbury to go for something different. Rammstein maybe. Then again though, after how few people were at Boy Better Know, is "different" a good move?

2 minutes ago, mf_2005 said:

The Prodigy are a shout I reckon. The Streets have been thrown around a lot. Not sure if that's an Other thing or a JP thing. No idea how big they are.

Someone had info a while back stating The Streets were offered Pyramid sub or Other Header.

I'm sure The Streets played Jazz/World in 2009. He headlined JP in 2011 so I do wonder if his absence has really elevated his stature sufficiently for an Other Stage headline. Who knows, but I'd be very surprised if he was anywhere near playing such a significant slot. Other will surely have a big "dance" act, so Prodigy is a good shout I recon. As for the others, not a clue

12 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

I'm sure The Streets played Jazz/World in 2009. He headlined JP in 2011 so I do wonder if his absence has really elevated his stature sufficiently for an Other Stage headline. Who knows, but I'd be very surprised if he was anywhere near playing such a significant slot. Other will surely have a big "dance" act, so Prodigy is a good shout I recon. As for the others, not a clue

It has yes. The Streets sell more tickets now then they ever have done.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

There’ll be something rappy/dancey for da yoof one night... Post Maline?

Too big. Suspect any festival he does next year will be headlining.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

There’ll be something rappy/dancey for da yoof one night... Post Maline?

Yeah - but not PM. I imagine he's too expensive and also doesn't need the exposure. 2 nights at the O2 shifted in minutes at £75 a pop. (I had the misfortune of having to buy some for teenagers  .... and then an extra £40 in "service fees").

BBK playing last year was a good idea, but absolutely daft to put them against Ed and his looper.

Just as a point on BBK, I didnt think it was as empty as people made out.

You could get to the barrier just before they come on, but I turned round when they had started and it looked back to the sound desk at least. 

Kano didnt finish at the Park until 15 minutes before they come on so I think everyone got down after that.

But bands for The Other potentially:

The Streets
Pale Waves
Bloc Party (Hopefully Opener)
The Coral
Jamie XX
Tame Impala
You Me At Six
J Hus
Sigrid
Tom Grennan 
Jessie Ware