Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Tbh I can. I did actually switch Streets and Catfish around after having Catfish 3rd but I couldn't see it so take that if you like and put Catfish 3rd in the rockier slot...it's not a bloody metal slot lol. Motorhead did it and they aren't even a metal band and Royal Blood certainly aren't.

Motörhead, Royal Blood And ZZ Top the last 3....

Its not going to be The Streets

10 minutes ago, sisco said:

Motörhead, Royal Blood And ZZ Top the last 3....

Its not going to be The Streets

No clear point, as I say change it to Catfish, who I don't think would be 3rd down but I can't see where else they play unless they are subbing Sunday either or Janet or Ezra aren't there. Other subs seems to be full and the TRNSMT headline gig isn't exclusive....a Reading secret set also wouldn't be an issue as an extra gig but if Glasto isn't on then I think that slot is on.

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

This is always a ridiculous argument but what are Mötorhead if not a metal band?

They aren't a metal band, loud guitars or not. 

Could the Prodigy still not play? I know Keith was integral to a lot of the stuff since FOTL. But Maxim is predominantly the main focus live. Most of the earlier stuff is sampled vocals.

I suppose it depends whether Liam and Maxim want to carry on without Keith. They could use Keiths taped vocals for his parts.

I know its still a bit too soon to speculate but is it beyond the realms of possibility?

10 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Could the Prodigy still not play? I know Keith was integral to a lot of the stuff since FOTL. But Maxim is predominantly the main focus live. Most of the earlier stuff is sampled vocals.

I suppose it depends whether Liam and Maxim want to carry on without Keith. They could use Keiths taped vocals for his parts.

I know its still a bit too soon to speculate but is it beyond the realms of possibility?

I think the fact Emily said they were booked to play this year strongly suggests that booking won't happen now.

27 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think the fact Emily said they were booked to play this year strongly suggests that booking won't happen now.

She doesn't say that at all. The sentence was all about Keith, who obviously can't play:

"We are so saddened to hear about the passing of Keith Flint. He’s played here so many times with the Prodigy and was booked for 2019"

I think it's very very very unlikely they play but I strongly doubt any firm decision would have been made and certainly not communicated at this time. They will be mourning right now, not picking up the phone to have a chat to the Eavis family. They will probably make the decision (probably to cancel) in the coming days.

Edited by strummer77

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

They aren't a metal band, loud guitars or not. 

I don’t know what defines ‘metal’ these days, but in their heyday (1980-1981) Motörhead were the epitome of heavy metal. A very young henry bear saw them headline something called the ‘Heavy Metal Holocaust’ at Port Vale’s football ground in the summer of 1981 (what a glamorous upbringing), and his ears were still ringing into 1982.

31 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I don’t think so to be honest. Keith was a massive part of the live show, they wouldn’t be the same without him.

27 minutes ago, eastynh said:

They could probably still play and it could be a wonderful tribute to Keith if done right but Id guess that its a no. 

Firstly, they will be in mourning and I dont think the bands gig schedule will be high on the agenda. Its likely with it being only three months away that Glastobury will need to plan some sort of replacement or make a shake uo to the line up and that probably doesnt give them time to sit and make decisions on how the band will go forward. 

Secondly, I dunno how easy it would be for the band to even be able to play. Theyd have to change the whole set and three months is a short time to fill the boots of a front man who encompassed so much in the band. They could play without him but I dunno, it wouldnt feel right. 

Its easy enough when Leeroy left/was booted as gmhis role didnt really bring a lot but Keith essentially became the centrepiece for the band even if Liam and Maxim do more on the music side.

I dunno, Id go for sure but I dont know if it would work this soon. I think they might give it a oass but there will be things there to honour Keith. 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I don’t think so to be honest. Keith was a massive part of the live show, they wouldn’t be the same without him.

1 minute ago, chatty said:

They could probably still play and it could be a wonderful tribute to Keith if done right but Id guess that its a no. 

Firstly, they will be in mourning and I dont think the bands gig schedule will be high on the agenda. Its likely with it being only three months away that Glastobury will need to plan some sort of replacement or make a shake uo to the line up and that probably doesnt give them time to sit and make decisions on how the band will go forward. 

Secondly, I dunno how easy it would be for the band to even be able to play. Theyd have to change the whole set and three months is a short time to fill the boots of a front man who encompassed so much in the band. They could play without him but I dunno, it wouldnt feel right. 

Its easy enough when Leeroy left/was booted as gmhis role didnt really bring a lot but Keith essentially became the centrepiece for the band even if Liam and Maxim do more on the music side.

I dunno, Id go for sure but I dont know if it would work this soon. I think they might give it a oass but there will be things there to honour Keith. 

I agree with both of you (Hugh  and Chatty), but was just throwing it out there as a possibility.

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I dunno. Must have missed that but the same person had info which put Maribou State as a TBC on the WH lineup.

No we presumed The Cure were doing Sunday because they are having a rest day between all their dates.

His info is The Killers headlining Saturday too. It can't all be right.

Liam and Brandon/The Killers are friendly enough, and we know that Brandon is a big Oasis fan, so I could certainly see Liam subbing them on Saturday, with The Cure headlining Sunday as their rest days/2nd stage slots make headlining on Saturday very unlikely.

9 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Liam and Brandon/The Killers are friendly enough, and we know that Brandon is a big Oasis fan, so I could certainly see Liam subbing them on Saturday, with The Cure headlining Sunday as their rest days/2nd stage slots make headlining on Saturday very unlikely.

C&TQ sub was my info but did tell Neil it wasn’t confirmed once I delved into it more (after I posted on forums) so scratch it.

Desperate for an announcement now and I normally pass info through Neil but getting impatient haha. Below is what I’ve fed through and added days where I have.

TDCC sub Other

Liam sub Pyramid Sat

Tame Impala headline Other 

Wu Tang headline Holts Sat

Maribou State 3rd top Holts Sat

Killers and Cure headline Pyramid

Hot Chip there but dunno slot

Aurora John Peel

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

C&TQ sub was my info but did tell Neil it wasn’t confirmed once I delved into it more (after I posted on forums) so scratch it.

Desperate for an announcement now and I normally pass info through Neil but getting impatient haha. Below is what I’ve fed through and added days where I have.

TDCC sub Other

Liam sub Pyramid Sat

Tame Impala headline Other 

Wu Tang headline Holts Sat

Maribou State 3rd top Holts Sat

Killers and Cure headline Pyramid

Hot Chip there but dunno slot

Aurora John Peel

On top of this I think we have:

Hot Chip headlining The Park on Saturday

Orbital headlining John Peel - EDIT: PRobably on the Friday given Prodigy and Chems dates)

The Prodigy headlining The Other on Saturday (though this may change obviously)

Courteeners subbing The Other on Saturday

Idles on John Peel on Friday

The Chemical Brothers are playing (likely Sunday Other headline)

The Streets subbing the Pyramid or headlining The Other (though this is very old stuff so I guess could be wrong at this point)

and of course the stuff already officially confirmed:

Stormzy headlining The Pyramid on the Friday

Kylie Minogue in the Legends Slot

Janelle Monae headlining West Holts on the Sunday

Edited by Mattymooz