Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

21 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I thought the C&TQ stuff ended up being someone just guessing and they didnt have any info?

I dunno. Must have missed that but the same person had info which put Maribou State as a TBC on the WH lineup.

10 minutes ago, sisco said:

Well Neil has info for both The Cure headlining Saturday and Liam subbing Saturday.  Did we not all just presume Macca was doing the Saturday so that followed on with The Killers taking that spot?

No we presumed The Cure were doing Sunday because they are having a rest day between all their dates.

His info is The Killers headlining Saturday too. It can't all be right.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I dunno. Must have missed that but the same person had info which put Maribou State as a TBC on the WH lineup.

No we presumed The Cure were doing Sunday because they are having a rest day between all their dates.

His info is The Killers headlining Saturday too. It can't all be right.

Oh didn’t realise there was info for both The Cure and The Killers headlining the Saturday @eFestivals

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Oh didn’t realise there was info for both The Cure and The Killers headlining the Saturday @eFestivals

Maybe I'm wrong because The Killers aren't Saturday on the listings, but I thought Neil responded the other day saying that the guy said The Cure are 99% Saturday but The Killers info is Saturday too. :dontknow:

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe I'm wrong because The Killers aren't Saturday on the listings, but I thought Neil responded the other day saying that the guy said The Cure are 99% Saturday but The Killers info is Saturday too. :dontknow:

Don't think the Killers had a specified day but came with the fact LG will be subbing.

15 minutes ago, sisco said:

Well Neil has info for both The Cure headlining Saturday and Liam subbing Saturday. 

The Liam info is firm for Saturday. That same source suggest the Killers for Saturday, tho that part of things was less certain, his presumption rather than something that was firmly said (the Liam on Saturday was firmly said).

The main Cure source said to me the other day that he's '99%' certain they're on Saturday, but that's him supposedly recalling something from 4+ months back, and not something he ever explicitly said to me when passing on other Cure info back then. Combined with the killers bit above, I'm not putting huge faith in Saturday being correct for the cure.

41 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The Liam info is firm for Saturday. That same source suggest the Killers for Saturday, tho that part of things was less certain, his presumption rather than something that was firmly said (the Liam on Saturday was firmly said).

The main Cure source said to me the other day that he's '99%' certain they're on Saturday, but that's him supposedly recalling something from 4+ months back, and not something he ever explicitly said to me when passing on other Cure info back then. Combined with the killers bit above, I'm not putting huge faith in Saturday being correct for the cure.

Thanks for clarifying 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Stormzy, The Streets

The Cure, Liam Gallagher

The Killers, Vampire Weekend 

Tame Impala, TDCC

Foals, The Courteeners

The Chemical Brothers, Christine and the Queens

Seems fairly accurate.  Horrible that such a tragic event has led to so much conversation.

Courteeners again is just shite. Tbh it's not all that.

1 hour ago, tevaburger said:

i think we all presumed that Noel was subbing Macca on the Saturday, but now that's been moved to 2020 right? 

I was never quite sure that fit really, seemed too much the same thing for me that.

2 hours ago, jyoung said:

The more I think about it, the less I see Vampire Weekend subbing.

Seems like it's them and Janet fighting it out for a sub position with the other taking third. VW obviously make a lot more sense being on before The Cure, but then Kylie in to Janet doesn't really seem right, and Janet doesn't really seem like a sub act to me. Half expecting the Janet stuff to be duff at this point.

1 minute ago, Honeybane said:

Does anyone see Foals as a headliner for Other?

I think the only reason people aren't predicting them so much for this year is because they subbed the Pyramid in 2016, but what with them having the whole weekend free they've just got to be there in some capacity right? Wouldn't be surprised to see them return as a Pyramid sub though. 

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

Lot of shouts on Twitter to leave their slot in place and play back an old set. Not convinced. 

It's a nice gesture in thought but having a video play on the second main stage of Glastonbury instead of a live act? It just wouldn't work, would be a waste, and be a dead field half way through when people realise they could be watching actual live music at that time.

18 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Seems like it's them and Janet fighting it out for a sub position with the other taking third. VW obviously make a lot more sense being on before The Cure, but then Kylie in to Janet doesn't really seem right, and Janet doesn't really seem like a sub act to me. Half expecting the Janet stuff to be duff at this point.

There is way more chance of Janet subbing unfortunately than there is of VW and as much as I'm not bothered I'd still make more effort for it than a Nick Cave set. I don't think VW are fighting it out for a sub set, Pyramid 3rd position for me.

I'm seeing.

Stormzy, Catfish, The Streets

Tame Impala, TDCC, Jess Glynne

The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Vampire Weekend

?, Courteeners, Y&Y

The Cure, Janet J, Ezra, Kylie

The Chems Bros, C&TQ, Richard Ashcroft

Edited by thewayiam

3 hours ago, jyoung said:

So potentially...

Pyramid:

• The Streets into Stormzy
  • Vampire Weekend into The Cure
  • TBC into The Killers

Other:

• Two Door Cinema Club into Tame Impala
  • Either TBC into The Courteeners or The Courteeners into TBC
  • Christine and The Queens into The Chemical Brothers

Is that what we're thinking?

Finally the courteeners have moved up a slot

15 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

There is way more chance of Janet subbing unfortunately than there is of VW and as much as I'm not bothered I'd still make more effort for it than a Nick Cave set. I don't think VW are fighting it out for a sub set, Pyramid 3rd position for me.

I'm seeing.

Stormzy, Catfish, The Streets

Tame Impala, TDCC, Jess Glynne

The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Vampire Weekend

?, Courteeners, Y&Y

The Cure, Janet J, Ezra, Kylie

The Chems Bros, C&TQ, Richard Ashcroft

Can’t see The Streets Lower than Sub (And that’s what the info was Sub or headline other).  Think they’d be wasted in that slot  too.  

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It's a nice gesture in thought but having a video play on the second main stage of Glastonbury instead of a live act? It just wouldn't work, would be a waste, and be a dead field half way through when people realise they could be watching actual live music at that time.

Exactly. Whereas if they were to do that on cinemageddon, or even on a main stage on the Thursday (or would that go against license/sound restrictions)?

13 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

The Whitesnake slot.

Id be all game for Whitesnake. Saturday night is my main puzzle at the minute. Prodigy would have made my festival, Im feeling doublely bad today, hopefully they can get someone in who can take their slot rather than bunp Courteeners up one. No ideas mind, what are The Hives doing these days? 

23 minutes ago, sisco said:

Can’t see The Streets Lower than Sub (And that’s what the info was Sub or headline other).  Think they’d be wasted in that slot  too.  

Tbh I can. I did actually switch Streets and Catfish around after having Catfish 3rd but I couldn't see it so take that if you like and put Catfish 3rd in the rockier slot...it's not a bloody metal slot lol. Motorhead did it and they aren't even a metal band and Royal Blood certainly aren't.

Edited by thewayiam