Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The rest of the band, their back up crew and the rest of the family will be numb at the moment. Best that they are left to grieve in their own way. Any decisions about the future will be entirely up to them. 

No one is suggesting any different mate. All I have asked is would people like to see them continue without Keith both long term and for their existing bookings.

Gaz suggested that 3 months was not enough time. I just highlighted that there have been similar situations where bands have managed to perform within 3 months after losing an integral member.

34 minutes ago, eastynh said:

No one is putting pressure on anyone. What I think or say on an internet forum is not going to have any impact at all on anything. Everything is hypothetical and conjecture. As sad and tragic as this is, life goes on. If my mum or sister hung themselves tomorrow then I would be expected back in work 12 days later.

People are different and no one knows how they will react until they are placed in a similar situation. I have seen first hand the devastating effect that suicide has on a family.

For all we know, Liam and Maxim could have been sat there yesterday saying fuck it, the show must go on. Or they might have been saying thats it, we can't do the Prodigy without Keith, lets go away for a year, sort our heads out, then sit down and see where we are at.

Nothing I have said has been callous or disrespectful. Just pure conjecture on an internet forum.

No, I know mate. I wasn't digging you out or saying that your post is in anyway wrong. It's a forum after all, those are your thoughts and these are mine. I know that our posts aren't going to impact the outcome in any way. We all have a different way of dealing with things, as you've said. I wasn't accusing you personally of being disrespectful by the way.

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

@eastynhI apologise for getting arsey, I'm in a grumpy mood this morning.

Mate you don't need to apologise to me. Music impacts peoples lives and the death of an admired musician cuts deeper than what is normally rational for a strangers passing. I perfectly understand peoples views on this subject and totally understood your comment. No offence was taken at all mate, don't worry about it.

Edited by eastynh
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Starscreenbass said:

Didn't The Who play the day after John Entwistle died? Different people react in different ways

Yeah, I think theres always that spark to go out and pay tribute doing the thing that their mate loved to do. 

Id be good either way, if they decided to carry on ill be there and ready to give Keith a send off party like no other but if they want to grieve and take time on their decision id expect nothing else and respect that. 

Music wise Liam has always been the driving force and Maxim being also heavily involved so I have no doubts they can still create great music but it would be weird without Keith being in the mix. Hes not someone you can really get a replacement for so theyd have to go a different direction. I guess they could bring Leeroy back in for live shows seen as tbough they still get on well and have had him supporting them. 

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they wanted to play GF as a tribute, and then maybe go away for a while.  The thing that makes me certain that it won't happen is that everybody at the festival would flock to it.  Imagine that being on the Other Stage whilst Stormzy or the Cure are on the Pyramid.   They'd be playing to nobody.

19 minutes ago, Username taken said:

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they wanted to play GF as a tribute, and then maybe go away for a while.  The thing that makes me certain that it won't happen is that everybody at the festival would flock to it.  Imagine that being on the Other Stage whilst Stormzy or the Cure are on the Pyramid.   They'd be playing to nobody.

That's really not true though is it. It would still primarily appeal to Prodigy fans. I like them and would've considered it without strong appeal elsewhere, but even in that scenario I'd be at the Cure because I prefer them. Ultimately, it's at headliner time at Glastonbury Festival, there are loads of appealing options. I doubt it would be busier than a Pyramid headliner to be honest.

6 minutes ago, Krisesk said:

I'm still pushing my Weezer agenda on the Sunday evening. Could see them subbing or maybe even 3rd down.

Let’s just get weezer to dress up as the pyramid headliners each night and do covers

we could get weezer as goths, weezer as American gospel preachers and weezer in tracksuits

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

The National would be great but they're in Chicago on the Friday. I still think Foals opposite The Killers or The Cure seems a bit odd but I guess there's probably not too many other options.

That or there's a little shift around. Foals go opposite Stormzy, Chems against Killers and Tame Impala against The Cure...

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

That or there's a little shift around. Foals go opposite Stormzy, Chems against Killers and Tame Impala against The Cure...

There's too many implications with other artists and their own schedules to do that I'd imagine.  They'll do like they did with Foos in 2015 I reckon - bump up the sub and fill a slot lower down on the bill with someone.  

3 hours ago, mf_2005 said:

They are selling the Brixton shownaa the only UK show of 2019. Dashed my hopes.

That doesn't necessarily rule them out. No one who buys a Brixton ticket will be pissed off cos they play Glastonbury as well, as it's the same weekend so impossible to do both anyway. If it was any other weekend then it'd be pretty fatal but as it's a show on Glastonbury weekend I really don't think it matters.

9 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Or possibly Pendulum? Chase & Status? There are musical similarities and both have links to The Prodigy, albeit tenuous, via remixes and having supported them in the past 

Yeah maybe. I’m not on about acts that The Prodigy would approve of or anything, just Rudimental seem to have good links with the fest and are suitable for the job. Still feels awfully soon to be speculating about this but I guess this is kinda what we do here.