Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

20 minutes ago, sisco said:

I thought that at times (haven’t gone through all the clashfinders) that the subs on Main and Other hardly clash? 

Hardly clash is almost worse, you get the illusion of seeing both but you waste 15 minutes of one of the sets getting to the other band.

Not a clash I'm too worried about but does seem a tad cruel.

It's also a completely fictional clash so I'll shut up about it now ahah.

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Frequent reminder that Don't You Want Me is the most annoying song of all time.

It's really, honestly not.

Though if Human League do play, I'd much prefer something along the lines of giving them an hour after the headliners. That's difficult to achieve given the curfew times and but say 23:30 to 00:30 on the Park stage (cue people saying they don't fit - so what, I don't care) so that they get to the hits a little after the Pyramid and Other headliners have finished.

I think early in the day it becomes a lot less of a party and you notice the fact that none of them can actually sing very well.

3 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Who are the other contenders for the rock slot? I can't help but feel we're currently lacking some alternative/rock across the board

Someone aaages ago said Alice In Chains were in talks for a Pyramid slot, and their European arena/festival tour currently ends in Greece on the Monday before Glasto.

Would love it to be Iggy myself.

13 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Someone aaages ago said Alice In Chains were in talks for a Pyramid slot, and their European arena/festival tour currently ends in Greece on the Monday before Glasto.

Would love it to be Iggy myself.

I'd be pretty down with Alice in Chains actually. Not the sort of band you see about too much. Iggy would be ok for me, but I did see him supporting Foos a few years back so wouldn't mind someone else for purely selfish reasons ?

2 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Your average blanket owning Pyramid squatter will be miffed when they realise its not Tina Arena.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sasperella said:

That's ok, I'm not fussy. As long as it is the Pumpkins and not just Corgan or fucking Zwan, obviously :lol:

(a) Hurrah, someone else knows who Zwan were.

(b) Going to stick my head up and say I quite liked their album. So there :P

2 hours ago, uscore said:

The worst thing anyone does at a festival is watch half of one set and then leave to watch half of another. 

You have led a mighty sheltered festival life if that's the worst thing on your radar for festival behaviour :D

18 hours ago, jackarmy said:

Underworld could do Friday or Saturday night. But it's probably too soon for them to return. 

Plenty of time to get an electronic replacement in. Disclosure are about as well aren't they?

How about Orbital? Rumoured for JP but they prefer to play outdoor stages.

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

You have led a mighty sheltered festival life if that's the worst thing on your radar for festival behaviour :D

That Zwan album is great. In fact if Corgan plays Zwan in his own set alongside Pumpkins material then a solo appearance becomes ever more appealing.

38 minutes ago, Quark said:

I have at least 17 other things that are also the the worst things to do at Festivals.  Hyperbole is all that matters on messageboards.

15 hours ago, Quark said:

Haha, well, tbh Quark, I saw them at Download 2003, which was slap-bang in the middle of my obnoxious metal phase. And not only did I hate anything that wasn't alternative, I also hated things that weren't the right kind of alternative (basically if it was too many shades away from being considered nu-metal I wasn't interesting....which is all very embarrassing now obviously). Also, it was a beautifully hot weekend in Donnington, but the heavens opened just as Corgan was singing a song about rain (maybe my memory has made that bit up, but I'm sure that's what happened) and didn't stop until the end - and I couldn't leave because Audioslave were up next and Chris Cornell was my schoolgirl crush (yes, I know, he's not very nu-metal either...in hindsight, my rules on that were all a bit unclear)

I actually don't think I discovered how great the Pumpkins are for a few months after this, and I would probably go to see Corgan on the farm in whatever guise he appeared in. I would just prefer it to be as the pumpkins....or solo, so he'd play a fair few Pumpkins tunes :)

On 3/6/2019 at 12:44 AM, HeyPorter said:

It still bothers me that James are supporting them. Their back catalogue is immense and they’re always superb live. Even cracked America a tiny little bit. Should be massive and they’re still producing decent albums to this day whilst their 90s counterparts ran out of juice a long time ago. 

Saw James on Bath Forum on Thursday night.  Absolute belter of a show.... beautiful acoustic set followed by a full band set after an interval.  The sound was perfect, Tim's voice was the best I've heard it and I'm still blown away now.  Still crafting beautiful melodies laden with emotive lyrics they had the crowd on their feet 2 songs in...at one point Tim left the stage and danced his way through the aisles to find and embrace his wife Kate...and his son Luca was also in the audience. 

Totally magical....they could def set Heaton Park alight, and an Other Stage headline this year would not surprise me in the slightest. 

If you can get a ticket for the current tour then go.... you won't be disappointed ?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Saw James on Bath Forum on Thursday night.  Absolute belter of a show.... beautiful acoustic set followed by a full band set after an interval.  The sound was perfect, Tim's voice was the best I've heard it and I'm still blown away now.  Still crafting beautiful melodies laden with emotive lyrics they had the crowd on their feet 2 songs in...at one point Tim left the stage and danced his way through the aisles to find and embrace his wife Kate...and his son Luca was also in the audience. 

Totally magical....they could def set Heaton Park alight, and an Other Stage headline this year would not surprise me in the slightest. 

If you can get a ticket for the current tour then go.... you won't be disappointed ?

Not even a little bit?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Would you say that crowd in 2016 walked away satisfied?

I didn't ask them all...the 4 I was with though loved it.  I'm a big fan so yes, somewhat biased, but I think you'd struggle to find anyone who didn't rate the gig on Thursday. 

30 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Would you say that crowd in 2016 walked away satisfied?

I walked off before they even started. Could not be arsed waiting for them to come on. Have seen them god knows how many  times and never known a band get it so wrong at festivals.