Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

Just now, mcshed said:

I agree that it is a bit dumb but I also think it is possible.

You’re probably right, and it might also be a case of one finishing just as the other begins so not technically clashing I guess. 

Still though, Courteeners are gonna lose that clash for sure.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

You’re probably right, and it might also be a case of one finishing just as the other begins so not technically clashing I guess. 

Yeah we managed to see all of Jack White and Pixies when they where in a similar appeals to the same crowd sub slot clash (ASCSSC).

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Based on previous years there’s usually a cross over of about 15-20 minutes between the Pyramid sub finishing and the Other sub starting. 

I imagine the Courteeners’ set would start very quietly but quickly fill up about half way through.

32 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

There must be some correspondence between the main stages, and having Liam from Oasis and a wannabe Oasis playing the two biggest stages at the same time seems a bit dumb, both for fans of that kind of thing and non-fans. 

A stage might book their acts with what's on the other stages in mind, but it can never be a perfect art. For example, i'm pretty sure I was told that West Holts did their booking with Prince as the main stage headliner which then ended up as Metallica.

There will also be occasions where an act is only available for a particular day, so if a stage wants that act they're going to have to put up with any clashes.

The main worry, I think, with who's on stage at the same time is about crowd management. 

Edited by eFestivals

16 minutes ago, Quark said:

Guessing that some crowds take everyone by surprise still. Did anyone really expect Rag n Bone Man to absolutely ruin the route onto the railway line last time? Unconfortably rammed

Agreed. How could you see that coming at the time he was booked?  Acts like that blow up incredibly quickly sometimes.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Someone just coming off the back of a huge hit single/album being placed relatively early in the day is always going to cause a huge crowd - I thought that the Jessie J and Rag N Bone Man crowds were entirely predictable for that reason.

I suspect Lewis Capaldi might have the same situation if he has a similar slot this year.

4 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Someone just coming off the back of a huge hit single/album being placed relatively early in the day is always going to cause a huge crowd - I thought that the Jessie J and Rag N Bone Man crowds were entirely predictable for that reason.

I suspect Lewis Capaldi might have the same situation if he has a similar slot this year.

I'd disagree. I think a crowd was to be expected, but I can't recall seeing a jam like that on that junction for the field before.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Tom Walker will be this year's earnest young man with a guitar who draws a massive crowd for that one song he does.

Possibly but i'd also raise you a certain Lewis Capaldi whose one song will probably be all over Love Island and the like this summer. 

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Can we just merge those two and Hozier into one set?

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

I like Hozier's new album. Bring it.

I was actually surprised that there were a few songs off that album that I really liked, some of it was utter dross though. 

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

If Chem Bros are moved to Saturday then they are clashing with Hot Chip and ptentially Jon Hopkins too, which seems equally unlikely

This cannot be allowed to happen. That's basically three of the acts I want to see from the first poster - was hoping they'd make a nice trip of headliners :)