The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

Was wondering: does the UK have a decent rain prediction app? As in it predicts showers, but even better shows you the radar images so you can judge about what's ahead in the next few hours? The Netherlands has something like that and it's installed on pretty much every smartphone here.

3 minutes ago, moogster said:

Was wondering: does the UK have a decent rain prediction app? As in it predicts showers, but even better shows you the radar images so you can judge about what's ahead in the next few hours? The Netherlands has something like that and it's installed on pretty much every smartphone here.

Netweather has a pretty decent free radar, can pay for more frequent stuff I think...

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

5 minutes ago, moogster said:

Radar on AccuWeather isn’t too bad, but I use Rain Alarm. Always fairly accurate. Even the radar on Apple weather isn’t awful. 

7 minutes ago, moogster said:

I use RainToday, which is good but only gives you the next hour (although you can kind of predict from the radar what’s likely to happen beyond that). You can turn on notifications which tells you ‘rain will start in 15 minutes’ or ‘rain ends in 10 minutes’ etc, which is handy for me. I also use Dark Sky which is good too, but more like a generic weather app with radar video.

4 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Keep the faith, The BBC still looks great (only goes up to the Wednesday). 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2640282

Any news of no rain on Wednesday is a bonus, we'll deal with the rest when pitched. Wouldn't trust the BBC though, worst weather predictions are us! I deleted their app it was so crap

1 hour ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

• Repeated, slightly aggressive posts from people saying they ‘don’t care what the weather is, it’ll be the best weekend ever anyway’. While repeatedly checking and posting on the Weather Thread

Guilty.  Sorry.

3 hours ago, mjfiddy said:

Just check the bbc one and live in a state of blissful ignorance that it might rain at any point in the next two weeks 😎

This is me...why would anyone look anywhere else when this one is perfect?

7 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

Accuweather I find to be a bit pony anyway.

I fancy it to change for the better but I guess we are gonna get rain at some point given how bin the GFS was earlier? Or it is capable of over-hauling completely? 

Given the huge uncertainty & how frequently the models are shifting, could still change completely! Let’s hope the good way, not the bad way. 😂

2 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Would the 1.3mm predicted (over 69% of the Pilton area) on the Wednesday be enough to do this?

How much is needed to start the M*d turning into a bath?

Considering 1mm is barely noticeable. Depending on how quick it falls. (1mm over 30 minutes for example) I doubt 1.3 would do much difference.

34 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Would the 1.3mm predicted (over 69% of the Pilton area) on the Wednesday be enough to do this?

If everyone stood still when it rains it'll be OK lololol

6 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

It needs to rain for 12 hours straight and steady, during the daytime for that to be a thing nowadays. As stated before it needs to be really wet beforehand to get to mudpocalypse now.