New pitch your own tent glampsite

StoneCircle

Anyone on the lookout for inexpensive glamping, there is a new site by Gate D, run by Yurtel. It's a pitch your own tent but it has lots of glamping facilities with prices from £250.00. Plus you get a 5 metre by 5 metre pitch, so you can pitch more than one tent with a maximum of 5 people on for the pitch for the same price! There is more information here - https://holtfarm.co.uk/ Also see the discussion over in questions - https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/253563-is-this-campsite-a-scam/ 😄

Edited by StoneCircle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BagpussSeesAllThings said:

20 mins average according to this. My team have gone for it, seems like fantastic value for the showers and pitch alone, anything else is a bonus.  Watch now as it somehow turns into mini Fyre festival 😅

Worst case scenario you can pitch your own tent on the even closer to the pyramid free land provided with your ticket!

34 minutes ago, gfa said:

15 minute walk to the pyramid stage a bit optimistic in their advertising!!

I'd say "Maybe if there wasn't an actual festival on" but even then there's all sorts of artifacts to get distracted by! 

I reckon 25 minutes if you're in a real rush and foot traffic is low

Just now, EavisAintDead said:

I'd say "Maybe if there wasn't an actual festival on" but even then there's all sorts of artifacts to get distracted by! 

I reckon 25 minutes if you're in a real rush and foot traffic is low

Yeah not a chance. 15mins at 9am if the ground is good.

8 minutes ago, BagpussSeesAllThings said:

image.png.267e3f6667e99c8e21350462cc57a7f0.png

according to that chart, it takes 20mins to get from Worthy View to the Pyramid...

the one time i was up at Worthy View it took me 20mins just to get down the feckin' hill 😀

8 minutes ago, Superscally said:

If parking was included it would be worth it. 350 quid for a patch of grass and showers? f**k that.

£350 does include the parking! £250 without parking. Reckon we'd get 3-4 Vango Halo 300s on a 5mx5m pitch? Makes it 80 odd quid each if so. Not that bad really for a parking spot close to camp...really depends on what the trek to PGD is like every day. Looks like a handy enough spot though. Never bothered with boutique camping as the tents aren't as good as my own, but this is a bit tempting as I won't get to the festival til Wednesday afternoon and it looks like Lime Kiln has gotten very popular over the last couple of festivals! To be honest, if they actually opened up these fields as general camping, I reckon they'd be popular. 

image.thumb.png.5f83a6d29659a8120509ae5abeb233b1.png

38 minutes ago, stuie said:

Worst case scenario you can pitch your own tent on the even closer to the pyramid free land provided with your ticket!

I'm imagining a situation where we're all locked in unable to access the proper festival, with the passing festival goers throwing food and water to us like we're in a zoo, quite extreme I realise! 🤣

Just now, dicko_belfast said:

We went for it also as arriving later on the Wednesday, it seemed decent value for the pitch and extra bit of comfort. It seems strange they announced it so late. Will it be a big trek for us from the coach drop off / gate A to Gate D??

Yep, I floated the idea to my group and was surprised that they jumped at it, so we went for it as well. Not much more of a trek in each day than from where we usually camp in Lime Kiln (though will be nice to not be in a crumpled heap at the end of my tent in the morning for a change as it looks a good bit flatter than there!), certainly no worse than when we used to take the van. We too won't be getting most of the group in til Wednesday evening and camping together is what makes our Glasto, so reckoned it was worth it! Also have a car coming over on the ferry, so given the parking is close to the tents, will probably bring some things we usually leave at home! (cooler, camping chair etc). 

PGD from PGA isn't a huge trek, no worse than if you were to be heading into the festival to camp. Vaguely recall waking from PGA to PGD in 2011 and it was about 15-20 minutes fully laden. 

2 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Yep, I floated the idea to my group and was surprised that they jumped at it, so we went for it as well. Not much more of a trek in each day than from where we usually camp in Lime Kiln (though will be nice to not be in a crumpled heap at the end of my tent in the morning for a change as it looks a good bit flatter than there!), certainly no worse than when we used to take the van. We too won't be getting most of the group in til Wednesday evening and camping together is what makes our Glasto, so reckoned it was worth it! Also have a car coming over on the ferry, so given the parking is close to the tents, will probably bring some things we usually leave at home! (cooler, camping chair etc). 

PGD from PGA isn't a huge trek, no worse than if you were to be heading into the festival to camp. Vaguely recall waking from PGA to PGD in 2011 and it was about 15-20 minutes fully laden. 

Good stuff 👍 Yeah same my friend jumped at it also. 

There is just 2 of us, a tent each so worked out 125 each - we are flying over then coach down. 

Haven't been in 7 years - can't wait 🙌

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

£350 does include the parking! £250 without parking. Reckon we'd get 3-4 Vango Halo 300s on a 5mx5m pitch? Makes it 80 odd quid each if so. Not that bad really for a parking spot close to camp...really depends on what the trek to PGD is like every day. Looks like a handy enough spot though. Never bothered with boutique camping as the tents aren't as good as my own, but this is a bit tempting as I won't get to the festival til Wednesday afternoon and it looks like Lime Kiln has gotten very popular over the last couple of festivals! To be honest, if they actually opened up these fields as general camping, I reckon they'd be popular. 

image.thumb.png.5f83a6d29659a8120509ae5abeb233b1.png

They advertise is as 250. Then add 100 for the parking. Thats 350. f**k that. It's a five person limit for that spot too.

2 hours ago, BagpussSeesAllThings said:

20 mins average according to this. My team have gone for it, seems like fantastic value for the showers and pitch alone, anything else is a bonus.  Watch now as it somehow turns into mini Fyre festival 😅

image.png.267e3f6667e99c8e21350462cc57a7f0.png

Think these times need to be updated tbh. Other to the Pyramid took about 45 minutes after Fred, lol. Pyramid to WH in 10 minutes? Maybe if the site is dead with no turnover, which during the bulk of Fri-Sun it won't be. 

Just now, Superscally said:

They advertise is as 250. Then add 100 for the parking. Thats 350. f**k that. It's a five person limit for that spot too.

Ah, it won't be for everyone. Suits us as we have a bunch arriving at different times and want to pitch together, which year after year is looking increasingly harder as the day wears on on Wednesday (we have some arriving Thursday too). So, I floated the idea to the rest of my group and surprisingly they all said go for it. If it's shite, we won't do it again! 😁

2 hours ago, BagpussSeesAllThings said:

I'm imagining a situation where we're all locked in unable to access the proper festival, with the passing festival goers throwing food and water to us like we're in a zoo, quite extreme I realise! 🤣

And Faeces. Like territorial Chimpanzees 

• Like 1

Just now, Toilet Duck said:

Ah, it won't be for everyone. Suits us as we have a bunch arriving at different times and want to pitch together, which year after year is looking increasingly harder as the day wears on on Wednesday (we have some arriving Thursday too). So, I floated the idea to the rest of my group and surprisingly they all said go for it. If it's shite, we won't do it again! 😁

Only yanking your chain buddy. It kinda skirts on the border of acceptable, so I get your decision fully.

5 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Only yanking your chain buddy. It kinda skirts on the border of acceptable, so I get your decision fully.

No offence taken at all! Never done the glamping thing, always preferred to be down in the thick of things, but with a smaller group this year it looks like a good option (well, I stayed in a teepee at the first electric picnic as I'd always admired them at Glasto and they were dirt cheap the first year, but actually they were damp and full of ants, so was never tempted again!). Also have way more in the Park this year than Woodsies, so being closer to that side of the festival will be handy. I'll be getting in early though so should actually make it to the meet for once! 

edit: autocorrect typo...I've never done any clamping either mind you!

Edited by Toilet Duck
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Will they then charge you £100 per car if you're all arriving seperatly?

24 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

We have the same plan and someone in our group has flagged this in the FAQs, assuming if a late arrival turns up and the lead booker meets them it'll be fine though?

image.thumb.png.6a678e97b97171475b9b3b37573a8ab6.png

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Does read like 1 car per pitch, so probably yeah. Realistically though you could park in normal parking for £55 and walk across to this site. 

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

There’s one parking spot for £100. Not sure if they sell extra. We’ve two cars between 6 of us, so booked 2 pitches with parking spots and a 3rd pitch with no parking. Considering general parking is £55 in advance or likely to be £60-65 on the gate, for a 100m trek from car to tent, it’s not bad between 3!