When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

43 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Obviously as a brexit supporter he is irredeemable scum

But... isn't he just pointing out the newsworthy aspects of the article which he then links to anyway?

I find it quite useful as a source for stuff.

Not sure how I feel about outing the name of an 18 year old either 

It’s a good news source but I was never under any illusions about which way it leans (right)

42 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Lol it will do for efestivals  🙂

No idea what that means, but as long as you’re expecting to be taken seriously, you’d do well to post better than “most likely”. 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Interesting thread about Politics For All,  featuring Devi Sridhar...

There’s an element of living by the sword there though. I’d have more sympathy if it wasn’t about someone who told their thousands of Twitter followers that one of the Vaccines “doesn’t work” against a Virus variant, refused to correct it and blocked other Scientists (and many other people) who disagreed with her.

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Worth a moment to reflect that it's now the 4th week after shops and pubs open and cases are still going down. There's been no increase in hospitalisations and we're now at 100 deaths a week where it was 1,000 a day. 

Such excellent news.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Interesting thread about Politics For All,  featuring Devi Sridhar...

Only encountered it on this thread, and it became clear it was right wing by the spins it put on stories and what it chose to share- think right-wingers have twigged if you pretend to be impartial and 'objective' people are more likely to listen to/share crap- a lot of commentators in papers figured this out years ago and profited accordingly! 

24 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Only encountered it on this thread, and it became clear it was right wing by the spins it put on stories and what it chose to share- think right-wingers have twigged if you pretend to be impartial and 'objective' people are more likely to listen to/share crap- a lot of commentators in papers figured this out years ago and profited accordingly! 

Of course left wingers would never do such a thing 

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

fair with the testing is also my thoughts and hopefully those would be the quick tests too ..... it wont be long till we have all been jabbed 🙂 

In other news Its amusing your follower is Bisque .... and if Im right thats a fish stew .... I hope things are ok 🙂 

13 hours ago, Suprefan said:

USA USA USA

Are you sure that’s not a misquote? Surely he means 70% of Americans will probably have been shot at by the 4th of July? 

Also why do Americans use the backwards date format for 364 days a year but choose the right format for the day when we celebrate getting rid of the colonists? 

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Are you sure that’s not a misquote? Surely he means 70% of Americans will probably have been shot at by the 4th of July?

Sadly that's probably also likely, but credit where it's due - if the new administration can oversee vaccination of 70% of a population as large as the US in five months of taking office, given what he inherited, that's an outstanding achievement.

Edited by kalifire

One thing that I don’t love about the idea of booster jabs in the autumn is that it affords the Helen Lovejoy tribute acts in Fake SAGE (and several regulars on this thread) ANOTHER opportunity to kick the can back.

They’ve gone from “lockdown until a vaccine is discovered” to “lockdown until the vulnerable have been vaccinated” to “lockdown until all over 50’s have been vaccinated” to “lockdown until all over 50’s are fully vaccinated” to “lockdown until everyone is vaccinated” to “lockdown until everyone is fully vaccinated” to now “ease lockdown but keep social distancing until all over 50’s have a booster shot against VaR1antzzz!!!”

In actual fact the number of people dying with covid every day is less than the (socially distanced) capacity of the tiny Tesco express round the corner from where I live. The pandemic is over as a public health crisis in the UK and all but the tiniest baseline measures should be scrapped imminently.

I’d keep Test & Trace, border controls with a RAG status and I’d limit big indoor events until we can get a covid certification scheme rolled out. But pubs should be fully open, indoor private gatherings of any size allowed, face nappies binned and social distancing placed firmly in the scrapyard where it belongs, and I’d do it from 17th May. 

• Upvote 4