When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

We don't know the battles that some might be going through in their own minds, people will still feel anxious their future of working and I don't think we should quickly jump on people just because they are out doing other things.

I appreciate not all jobs can be done remotely but for the jobs that have been done remotely through the last 13 months then there really isn't any reason why those people can't work flexibly going forward.

There’s no point going round in circles but unfortunately some jobs have been put on hold during this pandemic, they will go back to normal (like the job I do and team I manage).  There will be a certain amount of flexibility but they will Have to go into the office a couple of days a week. 
Anyway, good luck to those that manage to not have to. 

53 minutes ago, jparx said:

Totally agree with your comments on this. Let’s not default to think the worst of people eh? Plenty of people are genuinely incredibly anxious about this and returning to normal life. Let’s worry about them and not the minority who will cry wolf. It’s such a w*nky, office culture presenteeism way to look at it. Let’s not care about anyone because of the few who will take advantage...

It's the same reason people have never been paid properly to self isolate. The government assume everyone will immediately go out and catch it to get money 

22 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

poor Stu

seems like hes not blocked me 😞 .... I was talking about blocking and not reading the Pagel posts .... it also seems like hes not keen on todays low deaths either ... doesnt appear im on this years christmas card list 

Edited by crazyfool1

Mixed bag in Manchester. A couple of regions are persistently failing to get their rates down. Hopefully vaccines will be able to make inroads before the next relaxing of rules, although there's not a lot of time for a turnaround

I'm sure Bolton will get there, but they may have a bit of trouble ahead of them in the medium term.

0_Gtr-Mcr-Mon-May-3-2021.png

4 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

Not really, it's only a problem if people get rushed into things they're not ready to do. Starting off trying out social things might be a good first step for a lot of people- and if they learn to feel safe doing that (something nice), then it might make them feel safe enough to try going into offices.

There are policies and procedures in workplaces not to mention all manner of legislation which gives you an avenue your not surrounded by the general public in an office you have a greater amount of control and influence than almost anywhere other than your home. 

Over in the States, Florida (at least - and I know they haven’t had a great record so far) are losing all restrictions from 1 July, leaving it to the theme parks like Disney to maintain their guidelines: https://disneytips.com/florida-governor-suspends-all-covid-orders-while-disney-reminds-guests-to-maintain-guidelines/?utm_content=bufferff28d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer&fbclid=IwAR0InKKzK7XmEZDuiuWWhrSMm0zLzLKYLNxLFNxCB53boFGHnQHuDfbr-v4

8 hours ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

There are policies and procedures in workplaces not to mention all manner of legislation which gives you an avenue your not surrounded by the general public in an office you have a greater amount of control and influence than almost anywhere other than your home. 

I actually sent an email to our HR at start of December asking why we were being told to go back to the office, and they said that if I had any concerns that we could discuss it further. I assumed from that they would have probably let me continue to work from home if I had anxieties about risk of infection to me or my family.

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

Over in the States, Florida (at least - and I know they haven’t had a great record so far) are losing all restrictions from 1 July, leaving it to the theme parks like Disney to maintain their guidelines: https://disneytips.com/florida-governor-suspends-all-covid-orders-while-disney-reminds-guests-to-maintain-guidelines/?utm_content=bufferff28d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer&fbclid=IwAR0InKKzK7XmEZDuiuWWhrSMm0zLzLKYLNxLFNxCB53boFGHnQHuDfbr-v4

Sorry, but never believe the news Florida is trying to tout when it comes to being open and such. Theyve under counted and maniulated their numbers this whole time to seem that theyre the best example of how to handle it all. Texas is the same way. Both of those states have reached herd immunity the hard way but will never admit it. California has the lowest infection rate in the country right now and LA County  is now 2 days without a covid related death which si some good progress considering the population here.  We're going to move into the lowest of tiers this week and the state is still on track for full opening in a month. ( which i dont  like at all but theyre doing it anyway ). How about New york lifting all capacity restrictions starting May 19th?

Edited by Suprefan

IPL has finally been postponed. Not sure my vague plan of popping over to India for the cricket world cup is gonna happen now. At least they're talking about moving it to the UAE (one of the countries on the planet I have no interest in visiting).

10 hours ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

And planes have lots of health and safety procedures, but that doesn't stop some people being terrified of flying

11 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

And planes have lots of health and safety procedures, but that doesn't stop some people being terrified of flying

It’s perfectly natural for people to be nervous about heading back to an office and also a way of life they perhaps upon reflection didn’t like. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The cult business seems to be thriving these days. Read about two this morning and they both feature leaders who claim they can cure corona.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/crime/mummified-cult-corpse-colorado-glitter-b1841644.html?utm_content=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR31GP2SJUsOQUGlPLcc0xJitl9iYwmIi_3QHBgNPXJ3FCgZfTw-3ddK9O4#Echobox=1620114847

This guy is a right cheeky character: 'The rise of India's 'Covid quack':

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-56845610

Edited by Homer