When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

17 minutes ago, zero000 said:

It seems very odd doesn’t it. If the pub is full and people are drinking they won’t have masks on anyway? 

You have to lay on your back with your mask on and have your pint poured over your face. 

It will have the side effect of revealing any secrets you’ve been keeping to yourself. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Ozanne said:

They originally said no restrictions in place after 21st June, they wouldn’t go back on their word now would they?

Not this government. They’ve been the perfect example of honour and integrity. 

22 hours ago, Ozanne said:

But they said all restrictions would end on June 21st? They wouldn’t go back on what they have said would they?

Lets see what they say after the elections on Thursday. 

I really don't know why people ignored the *at the earliest so much.

18 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on it. I obviously want to go to these events if they happen, but I think there's no real scientific basis for allowing them.

I'm also still not convinced it's going to be approved after the events, but the timing will help push the positivity for the local elections. We can then get some honesty on the plans after 21st June hopefully  

I saw a scientist interview saying it'd so important we keep prevalence down over summer ahead of the winter period. And obviously this sort of thing goes against that aim

Realistically to achieve that we need a set of parameters whereby if cases go above a certain number then areas get restrictions put back on them, cancelling mass gatherings by default as no insurance. Hopefully not where we end up 

Sums it up. Wasn't the positive rate for the Liverpool gig 10%?, if so that's 600 from 6000 turned away. Added to that our vaccine roll out overall has been awful.

17 hours ago, zahidf said:

The scientific basis is that they are trials to see how safe they are with cases low. Answer will be safe hoepfully

Well that's moving the goalposts by saying that we need restrictions when case numbers are low 'just in case ' when loads of the population are vaccinated 

But I think it's more likely that these results will be used an excuse to show that these events can go ahead with no restrictions. That may change if cases start rising, but if we stay on top with booster shots then I don't think social distancing will be needed.

My answer to do with the pilot results of positives is they aren't. Are we going to have people turning up to be turned away even with refunds for every event. The disappointment for those people.

44 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

I never believed all restrictions would fully go on 21 june. It was just the latest ploy to get people to maintain compliance with restrictions and a light at the end of the tunnel

The moment the last 18 year old gets their first jab (plus 2 weeks?) all restrictions should be dropped. If that doesnt happen then its truly madness. Hopefully by end of july start of august everything should be gone.

by such time i think you’ll be able to expect a significant majority of people to not be complying with any restrictions anyway. Masks and One way systems in busy pubs / bars wont be adhered to and it will be barely worth enforcing.

This basically. Exactly this. The testing they are using has proved to not be anywhere close to as reliable as they would want it. It's vaccine plus 3 weeks but yea you are on the right lines. 

37 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Realistically by august are we going to be looking at less than 10 deaths a week i assume? Hopefully less? I just cant see how restrictions on life can continue at that stage.

You should be looking at basically no deaths for total normality.

• Downvote 4

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I really don't know why people ignored the *at the earliest so much.

Sums it up. Wasn't the positive rate for the Liverpool gig 10%?, if so that's 600 from 6000 turned away. Added to that our vaccine roll out overall has been awful.

My answer to do with the pilot results of positives is they aren't. Are we going to have people turning up to be turned away even with refunds for every event. The disappointment for those people.

This basically. Exactly this. The testing they are using has proved to not be anywhere close to as reliable as they would want it. It's vaccine plus 3 weeks but yea you are on the right lines. 

You should be looking at basically no deaths for total normality.

Our vaccine rollout has been awful? Eh? We are ahead of schedule. I thought it was universally considered to be the one thing that has been handled well.

17 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Our vaccine rollout has been awful? Eh? We are ahead of schedule. I thought it was universally considered to be the one thing that has been handled well.

Have you seen the vaccination numbers for the past month?

1 minute ago, zero000 said:

There’s this thing called second doses. Not sure if you’ve heard of it. 🙄

Of course. But second doses is covering people who for the majority won't be attending these events you want to go ahead. Second doses it great obviously but in the grand scheme they have little events impact.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yes. It all looks good to me! 

Really?, did you see the drop is approximately 250/300k a day?

Just now, thewayiam said:

Of course. But second doses is covering people who for the majority won't be attending these events you want to go ahead. Second doses it great obviously but in the grand scheme they have little events impact.

Really?, did you see the drop is approximately 250/300k a day?

We are ahead of schedule so that's good enough for me. Describing it as awful is a real stretch. 

Also not sure if it was aimed at me, but no toys being thrown out of the pram here - just questioning one of your statements.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

Realistically by august are we going to be looking at less than 10 deaths a week i assume? Hopefully less? I just cant see how restrictions on life can continue at that stage.

I seriously doubt they are going for that low number of deaths from covid as the benchmark. 50 deaths a week maybe?

Edited by zahidf

Just now, Ozanne said:

The U.K. government has missed their May 1st deadline for publishing the list of countries by risk, they now say it’ll be released in ‘early May’. They have had months to prepare for this. 

I always assumed it would be May 10th when  they'll be saying may 17th can go ahead.

Just now, Ozanne said:

The U.K. government has missed their May 1st deadline for publishing the list of countries by risk, they now say it’ll be released in ‘early May’. They have had months to prepare for this. 

Business as usual for this government then… 🤨

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

I always assumed it would be May 10th when  they'll be saying may 17th can go ahead.

It could be now but their own deadline was May 1st. Another missed target by this government, par for the course. 

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It could be now but their own deadline was May 1st. Another missed target by this government, par for the course. 

Fair enough but since its not allowed until May 17th anyway, it's not the end of the world.

16 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

To be fair, May 1st is a Saturday on a bank holiday weekend... 😂

I’m sure someone in No. 10 has a calendar and could’ve foreseen this issue before they set the deadline 😉 I’m joking, the calendar was probably wallpapered over 😜

• Upvote 2