When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 hours ago, Mimo said:

I would have hardly any idea about the things indie sage people say if those who hate them didn’t post it all in this thread.

The internet is strange like that. 

Yeah this. I've said this a couple of times now. It's only because a few posters in here report everything they said that I even know they exist. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The question is, will it be guidance or carry the force of law?

But they said all restrictions would end on June 21st? They wouldn’t go back on what they have said would they?

Lets see what they say after the elections on Thursday. 

What I’m interested to know is the law on masks.

Ngl I wouldn’t be against still wearing a mask on the tube / in some shops, airports, airplanes... but I wouldn’t wear one in the office or in pubs or restaurants so I don’t really think my logic is sound. Feels to myself like I’m just picking and choosing with what I’d prefer.

Is this just a comfort blanket thing? Or maybe that the virus has scared some new habits into us?

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Ngl I wouldn’t be against still wearing a mask on the tube / in some shops, airports, airplanes... but I wouldn’t wear one in the office or in pubs or restaurants so I don’t really think my logic is sound. Feels to myself like I’m just picking and choosing with what I’d prefer.

Is this just a comfort blanket thing? Or maybe that the virus has scared some new habits into us?

You don't need to wear one in a restaurant now? 

I think they'll be a legal requirement on public transport and guidance elsewhere in crowded situations without testing. 

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Or the alternative that they have been effective and will keep some of the winter viruses in check and allow the nhs a chance to catch up … we all know how close it comes to capacity over winter and adding covid to that mix is gonna be a push …. We will see … currently I think I’d like them gone … but it’s not quite so simple … 

39 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

You don't need to wear one in a restaurant now? 

I think they'll be a legal requirement on public transport and guidance elsewhere in crowded situations without testing. 

But we aren’t allowed ‘in’ a restaurant now? I was wondering if when we are allowed to dine inside if we’ll have to wear masks on the way to the table and for toilet trips like before? 

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

But they said all restrictions would end on June 21st? They wouldn’t go back on what they have said would they?

Lets see what they say after the elections on Thursday. 

They said “all restrictions on social contact” would end. 

The last three words are doing a lot of heavy lifting there. What that means is that you can meet up with as many mates as you want. It doesn’t mean you don’t need to cover your face on the tube or self-isolate if you test positive or that there won’t be some sort of covid certification to attend a mass gathering. 

12 minutes ago, stuie said:

But we aren’t allowed ‘in’ a restaurant now? I was wondering if when we are allowed to dine inside if we’ll have to wear masks on the way to the table and for toilet trips like before? 

100% - at the very least that'll be required for the 5 weeks then it's a real debate about whether these places can open at full capacity or not. I'm going to guess not to be honest, without being willing to ask for certification 

20 minutes ago, stuie said:

I think as it’ll be table service only, drinks to be had whilst seated then we will need to wear face masks when moving around a pub. 

On 5/1/2021 at 11:55 AM, eFestivals said:

For anyone thinking the uk vaccination rollout has been impressive. Just check out the USA which did 220,0000,000jabs in 100 days. And that's without the benefit of a centralised health system. 

Very impressive, but they’re now in the position of opening jabs to anyone, your choice of vaccine. That’s actually bad news as it means supply is outstripping demand and they are approaching the limit of voluntary uptake. Even if it takes us a month or so longer I’d be happier with our track where uptake is well above 90%. More people wanting doses than we can supply despite being among the earliest and fastest in the world is the “right problem to have” as they say. 

37 minutes ago, stuie said:

Think that's what we are planning for, but in all honesty no one has a clue yet.