When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Meanwhile... 🤔 ffs

Fully on board the ‘fake sage’ bandwagon now. What the fuck is she wanting? It’s a pilot ffs, hardly anyone has covid in the U.K. and the crowd of young people. If it isn’t safe for a pilot now it never will be. They come across as people who would consider a large crowd too dangerous even pre pandemic 

9 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Fully on board the ‘fake sage’ bandwagon now. What the fuck is she wanting? It’s a pilot ffs, hardly anyone has covid in the U.K. and the crowd of young people. If it isn’t safe for a pilot now it never will be. They come across as people who would consider a large crowd too dangerous even pre pandemic 

Just another contrarian for Twitter numbers. Disregard. The data will show if this was a successful pilot. For one night, just let the kids fucking dance. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

I can't be the only one who finds the whole 'free hugs' thing a bit creepy? I'm happy to hug someone I love, but some sweaty stranger who hasn't washed for 3 days at a festival?......No thanks!

The Trolls in the t+c fields though, surely? That’s pretty much my favourite hug of the year! (And the moment my mate finally started seeing what all the fuss was about on his very first morning in the festival, the first thing we did was take him for some Troll lovin’) 

1 hour ago, Punksnotdead said:

I can't be the only one who finds the whole 'free hugs' thing a bit creepy? I'm happy to hug someone I love, but some sweaty stranger who hasn't washed for 3 days at a festival?......No thanks!

I don't think you are obliged to hug, could be wrong tho? 

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Guess this lot disapproved of the vaccine trials too, the participants there were guinea pigs as much as these ones 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

I see our resident Tory prick is back down voting the usual suspects! 😄

seems to also have a very short memory and has forgotten the time Invested last year trying to offer him support  .... very strange ... 

9 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

No really. If it wasn't safe when everyone has had a first dose then there might be an arguement. But until that point it's a false claim. 

9 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

I’m getting concerned that there are an awful lot of people online, especially Twitter, who seem to not want to see visible progress or the world to go back to normal at all.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m getting concerned that there are an awful lot of people online, especially Twitter, who seem to not want to see visible progress or the world to go back to normal at all.

Progress is inevitable and normality will of course return eventually and I'd like to think the events and figures we've seen in April demonstrate genuine, undeniable improvements.

I can totally understand the anxiety from the cautious and even those qualified to express concern among them but the contrarian types who just offer an inflammatory, negative or polarising opinion just for clicks and numbers, I don't think they even believe in what they're saying most of the time. Some of the commentary feels like they're throwing it out there in the hope that it turns out they "predicted" that particular eventuality. If it was correct, they'll refer back to it, suggesting they "told us so". If it doesn't, everyone forgets and we move onto the next opinion until they actually get something right.

Like most rational people, I'm sat in between each side of the spectrum, not getting carried away with the more positive results, definitely with a more positive outlook for the summer and beyond but absolutely not becoming despondent with news of new variants, slow down in vaccination progress, etc. 

We're in a much stronger position than March, can't wait to see where we are at the end of May.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m starting to think that Mr Fish and Mr Malinas is the same person. They constantly react the same way. 

Thanks in advance for your downvotes.

Stu Malinas peering in on this thread with just his downvotes as currency 

ESQkII2XsAM6BYK.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Progress is inevitable and normality will of course return eventually and I'd like to think the events and figures we've seen in April demonstrate genuine, undeniable improvements.

I can totally understand the anxiety from the cautious and even those qualified to express concern among them but the contrarian types who just offer an inflammatory, negative or polarising opinion just for clicks and numbers, I don't think they even believe in what they're saying most of the time. Some of the commentary feels like they're throwing it out there in the hope that it turns out they "predicted" that particular eventuality. If it was correct, they'll refer back to it, suggesting they "told us so". If it doesn't, everyone forgets and we move onto the next opinion until they actually get something right.

Like most rational people, I'm sat in between each side of the spectrum, not getting carried away with the more positive results, definitely with a more positive outlook for the summer and beyond but absolutely not becoming despondent with news of new variants, slow down in vaccination progress, etc. 

We're in a much stronger position than March, can't wait to see where we are at the end of May.

I understand the concern that people have, but there is a real risk of SAGE scientists opening themselves up to becoming distributed by the public. Surely someone who studies viruses all day would understand that the zero covid goal for a virus with this makeup is unlikely to happen and not necessary. Also, that most people want to move out of this new normal and embrace studies and pilots to help this progress. 

It's going to get extremely tiring seeing and hearing comments like “here comes lock down 4” when I'm stood in that Pilton field... 😂

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I agree with everything word of this, I've always taken the view of being cautiously optimistic but truly believe this is the beginning of the end. I don't think people realise just how far we've come in little over a year and this is something that truly should be commended and I agree with you that this summer will be a far far better time for all of us