Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

Bit daft they advertise it as live then. That's happened quite a bit with these streams throughout the pandemic and it's a bit shitty that they make you watch it at a specific time with no option for an OD replay if it's pre-rexorded

I'm going to watch it as I got one of the free O2 codes, but I wouldn't have lost any sleep if I had missed it

7 hours ago, Radiochicken said:

I assume they’ve got some dollar from O2 for this? Slightly weird it’s not EE (as the normal telecoms partner)

O2 look like they are re-launching the priority offering, this will generate some buzz about o2 and give a load of cash to the festival. 

7 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Are they based in the U.K. now? Or have they flown over specifically for this?

Pretty sure it was for this and the Brits, perhaps they're doing a few other promotional things for the tour too, they do however say the UK is their spiritual home so they might spend a lot of time here 

13 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Are they based in the U.K. now? Or have they flown over specifically for this?

If I'm honest I couldn't name a HAIM song so I would be a terrible source for their living arrangements. Couldn't even say with confidence they were on the Farm today really, just that Emily posted a pic of them recording on the Farm today. Sorry.  Hopefully @Chapple12345 has answered your questions. 

51 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Bit daft they advertise it as live then. That's happened quite a bit with these streams throughout the pandemic and it's a bit shitty that they make you watch it at a specific time with no option for an OD replay if it's pre-rexorded

I'm going to watch it as I got one of the free O2 codes, but I wouldn't have lost any sleep if I had missed it

I don't understand what the difference is if you're watching it "live live" or "broadcast as live" if they didn't tell you you'd never notice.

Loads of "live TV" isn't actually live. Often when there's a big dance scene or something technically complicated it will be recorded before the live broadcast starts in front of the audience during the warm up and spliced in. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Having seen the Nick Cave thread be bumped I wonder if the special guest could be him? (this is out of hope more than anything else)

I'd imagine an atmospheric evening recording of him simply sat at a piano would be amazing.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

I don't understand what the difference is if you're watching it "live live" or "broadcast as live" if they didn't tell you you'd never notice.

Loads of "live TV" isn't actually live. Often when there's a big dance scene or something technically complicated it will be recorded before the live broadcast starts in front of the audience during the warm up and spliced in. 

Well isn't the reason artists started live streams during the pandemic in the first place is that they wanted to try and re-create something *close* to the live experience? You don't get anywhere near, but you at least know that the person on the other end of the video is literally playing those songs right now and everyone is watching at the same time.

If we want to be reductive about it, you see the same thing watching a band at Glastonbury while there as you do on TV. The experience of being there is obviously better because it's actually happening, for real, in front of you. But you're not "seeing" anything different. But we wouldn't go if it was just pre-recorded sets on video.