Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

I'm unconvinced by this, had been umming and ahhing for a few weeks, but my wife wanted to watch it, and I was moderately interested in seeing a couple of the acts. Anyway, got a ticket via the o2 thing so can have it on in the background and dip in and out 

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm actually really looking forward to it now. Need to go beer shopping at some point then I'll be good to go.

I've put in an order for 10L of burrow hill cider to make hot n spicy cider for myself and friends just to make the experience extra authentic 😂

Hadn't planned on this, but Saturday's intended plans have been kiboshed and Mrs Q's away for the weekend.  Might end up getting a ticket and joining the ol' watch party after all.

Be interesting to see what everyone looks like when I'm not half asleep for once

Edited by Quark

3 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

I was scared at first, but everyone is really friendlier its really good fun and we are all as mad as each other so no one really takes any notice of anything crazy happens its all very accepting!! Was one of the best things Ive done joining them!! 

Ah I'm sure, not doubting that! It's just me, same reason I never come to the real meets really 🙂

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ah I'm sure, not doubting that! It's just me, same reason I never come to the real meets really 🙂

I'll likely be on here on the live match thread too. All the spirit of efests without actually having to see anyone in real time 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't understand why anyone would be pissed off if the Mona Lisa hanging in the Louvre was a print rather than a real painting.

Stu come on, you're far too intelligent not to recognise the changes that need to be made to a live stream to make it flow flawlessly like a live gig. 

Otherwise people would only complain about waits/tech issues etc which are forgiveable in 4D but not on a TV screen.

It's a product they're selling, that product comes with cuts and is spliced together to make a better whole experience. 

I honestly can't understand why people are so mad.

6 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Stu come on, you're far too intelligent not to recognise the changes that need to be made to a live stream to make it flow flawlessly like a live gig. 

Otherwise people would only complain about waits/tech issues etc which are forgiveable in 4D but not on a TV screen.

It's a product they're selling, that product comes with cuts and is spliced together to make a better whole experience. 

I honestly can't understand why people are so mad.

You're right.

I am intelligent 😜

Ok, I made my point badly. What I was trying to do was draw a comparison between one bad analogy with another bad analogy. And rather than making a good point about how a DVD or some other physical medium is intrinsically pre-recorded, whereas a non-on demand stream comes with associations of a live aspect, I just made a bad analogy.

Emily says it's not a concert, it's a film. I suppose we get extra production values from that and still the benefit of a shared experience - no need to sync iPlayer.

Still feels a bit off being neither live, nor rewatchable, especially for twenty quid.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You're right.

I am intelligent 😜

Ok, I made my point badly. What I was trying to do was draw a comparison between one bad analogy with another bad analogy. And rather than making a good point about how a DVD or some other physical medium is intrinsically pre-recorded, whereas a non-on demand stream comes with associations of a live aspect, I just made a bad analogy.

Emily says it's not a concert, it's a film. I suppose we get extra production values from that and still the benefit of a shared experience - no need to sync iPlayer.

Still feels a bit off being neither live, nor rewatchable, especially for twenty quid.

It something that's pushing the envelope a little. It's brave and as such typical of the Michael and Emily. They're daring enough to try new stuff and not afraid to fail. 

Isn't that why we all love the festival? 

Anyway, it's only £20 and not compulsory, so why do people criticise? 

28 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

My sister kindly booked this via 02 Priority for me but I haven’t received the confirmation email yet. Has anyone else got theirs?

Don’t think they’re being sent till 20th. According to the confirmation screen on o2 priority’ 👍

5B94FC57-E0E2-491D-82E5-04D054430D54.jpeg

Edited by eddie_corrigan
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Anyway, it's only £20 and not compulsory, so why do people criticise? 

I don't think people are criticising, just pointing out why they're not interested. Which given the cut-price Guardian tickets and free O2 tickets suggesting it hasn't actually sold that well, it's of value to discuss why that might be.

I'm excited, normally after Glastonbury I can't watch much back on iPlayer. Either I was there and the amazingness doesn't come across on screen or I wasnt there and i kick myself for spending 4 hours talking to a guy dressed as an elephant in the corner of some bar I've never found since.

• Like 1