Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

11 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

I don't understand what the difference is if you're watching it "live live" or "broadcast as live" if they didn't tell you you'd never notice.

Loads of "live TV" isn't actually live. Often when there's a big dance scene or something technically complicated it will be recorded before the live broadcast starts in front of the audience during the warm up and spliced in. 

I don't understand why anyone would be pissed off if the Mona Lisa hanging in the Louvre was a print rather than a real painting.

um. It is called Live at Worthy Farm. The bands and others will be playing live at worthy farm, not from a studio somewhere. Not sure what people are on about

I have albums called Live from "place name" I know that they are not playing live when I listen to it but were recorded live. 

Certainly makes sense to cut down on having massive infrastructure set up cost and security to stop thousands turning up. 

5 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

um. It is called Live at Worthy Farm. The bands and others will be playing live at worthy farm, not from a studio somewhere. Not sure what people are on about

I have albums called Live from "place name" I know that they are not playing live when I listen to it but were recorded live. 

Certainly makes sense to cut down on having massive infrastructure set up cost and security to stop thousands turning up. 

um.  It's a live stream.

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Having seen the Nick Cave thread be bumped I wonder if the special guest could be him? (this is out of hope more than anything else)

I'd imagine an atmospheric evening recording of him simply sat at a piano would be amazing.

I don’t think Cave would really merit the “Special Guest” billing. Think if he was playing he’d have been announced.

56 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

um.  It's a live stream.

yep, several live streams is it not (Have not read the others time zones) but live stream does not mean everything on that stream is live, or does live stream mean you can have nothing pre-recorded. Maybe the the modern world is passing me by.

Edit - I see the others are called encore streams

anyway not sure I actually care and wont be hung up about it.

Edited by fred quimby

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't understand why anyone would be pissed off if the Mona Lisa hanging in the Louvre was a print rather than a real painting.

If I recall corectly, plenty of people got pissed off with ELO sounding just like their studio albums when they performed a few years back..

Is this a teaser of what’s to come next year? Will Glastonbury be the first major festival to book Wolf Alice to headline?

“I’m not going to give anything away about next year! But Wolf Alice certainly have an incredible history at the festival. They’ve had so many great gigs here plus they camp and really get stuck in. They’re not one of those in-and-out bands. They play gigs, have late nights and are really committed. They’re one of the bands that has seen the farm out of season. We love them. Who knows, there might be some subtle hints towards the future during the livestream? It’s up to the artists what they do on the night…

36 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Is this a teaser of what’s to come next year? Will Glastonbury be the first major festival to book Wolf Alice to headline?

“I’m not going to give anything away about next year! But Wolf Alice certainly have an incredible history at the festival. They’ve had so many great gigs here plus they camp and really get stuck in. They’re not one of those in-and-out bands. They play gigs, have late nights and are really committed. They’re one of the bands that has seen the farm out of season. We love them. Who knows, there might be some subtle hints towards the future during the livestream? It’s up to the artists what they do on the night…

Macca or Swifty to be the special guest and to self-confirm for 2022. It's a-happening

EDIT - just saw you said this already on the Swift thread. Ah well.

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I don’t think Cave would really merit the “Special Guest” billing. Think if he was playing he’d have been announced.

Yeah I think most people would be disappointed by him if expecting someone like Taylor! 

I've just realised my plans for Saturday have been cancelled so I might actually dip in now.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm sure you're lovely, but I'm really not a big lover of virtual meetings at the best of times. Thanks though! 

I was scared at first, but everyone is really friendlier its really good fun and we are all as mad as each other so no one really takes any notice of anything crazy happens its all very accepting!! Was one of the best things Ive done joining them!!