Sawdusty Surfer

The State Of The Ground.

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

The well predicts the current state of affairs

90261215_10222977467651888_8680396820980957184_o.jpg

Lovely stuff...you still able to get out and about OK at the moment Dee?

59 minutes ago, Quark said:

Lovely stuff...you still able to get out and about OK at the moment Dee?

Yep. There is virtually no one on site at the moment. The weekend was busier but I still only saw a couple of dogs from afar. One of the plus points of living in the countryside I suppose.

59 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Where's that well on site? Looks new...

This is at one of the ends of the woodland path ( near JP field) near a set of long drops. Been there a year or so now.

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Yep. There is virtually no one on site at the moment. The weekend was busier but I still only saw a couple of dogs from afar. One of the plus points of living in the countryside I suppose.

Unless you live in a national park and the sun comes out and it's busier than a bank holiday

13 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Unless you live in a national park and the sun comes out and it's busier than a bank holiday

Crazy scenes up here at the weekend, wasn't it?

17 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

This is at one of the ends of the woodland path ( near JP field) near a set of long drops. Been there a year or so now.

Ah - never seen it - think I've only been round there once and that wasnt last year either. Hope the long drops are well sealed...

7 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

Crazy scenes up here at the weekend, wasn't it?

Yep. Definite change on Monday though, even before the announcement  

Said to wife we could go out to the forest for a few nights.. She's told me off saying that I was irresponsible and that we still had to keep away from people.. 

I told her that I intended on doing just that.. Even said I'd buy her a new outfit

HTB1YB.0XODxK1RjSsphq6zHrpXae.jpg

10 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Looks like a permanent base going down at the Spike

7BD6E822-D2CF-4F0E-B448-742995162677.jpeg

E16D67B9-D1FF-4B71-88B4-C94651B40857.jpeg

good to see .... hopefully the planks return too :) thanks Dee

*****Sad post alert****

I’m sorry to have to let everyone know, Big Dog has left Pilton to join the dog pack in the sky. We are completely devastated. He has made his last weather and ground report here on Earth, where he worked hard, but was rewarded with biscuits. Next he will now enjoy eating rabbit shit, rolling in fox poo and being a generally huge doofus on his next journey. RIP Big Dog. 😥

• Like 24
  • Upvote 4

So sorry Dee, sending you much love from the north. 

RIP Big Dog, things won't be the same without you. 

• Like 1

So sorry to hear that Dee, sending socially distanced virtual hugs your way 😔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

*****Sad post alert****

I’m sorry to have to let everyone know, Big Dog has left Pilton to join the dog pack in the sky. We are completely devastated. He has made his last weather and ground report here on Earth, where he worked hard, but was rewarded with biscuits. Next he will now enjoy eating rabbit shit, rolling in fox poo and being a generally huge doofus on his next journey. RIP Big Dog. 😥

So sorry to hear your awful  news. We’ve been there and it’s such a sad time for a household. Wherever you look in the house you will see reminders, we still have the chewed skirting board in the kitchen!  Just remember all the companionship, laughs and slobbers you had with him. I think reading your posts we all felt we knew him and his habits! 

And he will forever be on the coat of arms! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

*****Sad post alert****

Sad news, gutted for you both. Big Dogs paws will always be dry. Take care of each other. 

This is sad news indeed.. Your posts are always delightful and he was very much a part of them..

Such sad news, all thoughts are with you

So sorry to hear this, dogs are special members of families. Hope you are all bearing up ok. 

12 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

*****Sad post alert****

Oh :( I'm sorry Dee. Sending lots of love to you xx

12 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

*****Sad post alert****

Very sorry to hear lovely x

Thank you to everyone for your kind words. Having had the privilege of sharing our house with lots of dogs over the years we know this part is the most painful. Slightly more difficult as it was so fast and, although he was a big dog, he was still not elderly. 

but we have great memories and the chew marks on the stairs. And of course he will live on as part of the “state of the ground” flag which will fly again at festivals next year.

AD16A1F1-9361-43C7-8714-C5E4279633FA.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2