The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

Word of the day....squelchy 

ran down wonderful walk and it was way wetter than usual / yesterday even. But across the back of the pyramid was really quite dry.

the puddle measure has not changed even though we have had galloons of rain.

My run started out in sunshine, then wind, followed by rain then hail. Owwwcheee.

DF18A9A0-7C20-497F-B73D-3696CFD1BB6B.jpeg

1DADFCC7-3A83-465F-9648-7D2224767967.jpeg

DBC6461C-1DFD-49B1-895E-4767F2329EA0.jpeg

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

who needs expensive super computers when you have sticks and jam jars ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-51504002

The proposed resolution of this computer is breathtaking. Down to100m from 1.5km.  So that means not just forecasts for the pilton area but can you imagine forecasts for each field?  Today’s pyramid forecast for those standing at the back, mainly dry, today the otherstage will be showery whilst the west holts will see mainly dry conditions. Kidzfield  will be bright and sunny. The acoustic stage will be damp but that might just be the pensioners pissing their camp chairs and tartan rugs.😉

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The proposed resolution of this computer is breathtaking. Down to100m from 1.5km.  So that means not just forecasts for the pilton area but can you imagine forecasts for each field?  Today’s pyramid forecast for those standing at the back, mainly dry, today the otherstage will be showery whilst the west holts will see mainly dry conditions. Kidzfield  will be bright and sunny. The acoustic stage will be damp but that might just be the pensioners pissing their camp chairs and tartan rugs.😉

its incredible ..... wood chips down to 100m sections .... but bloody expensive and unless the chinese take over its building is going to take a few years yet ...

On 2/17/2020 at 1:25 PM, deebeedoobee said:

Word of the day....squelchy 

ran down wonderful walk and it was way wetter than usual / yesterday even. But across the back of the pyramid was really quite dry.

the puddle measure has not changed even though we have had galloons of rain.

My run started out in sunshine, then wind, followed by rain then hail. Owwwcheee.

DF18A9A0-7C20-497F-B73D-3696CFD1BB6B.jpeg

1DADFCC7-3A83-465F-9648-7D2224767967.jpeg

DBC6461C-1DFD-49B1-895E-4767F2329EA0.jpeg

All Hail the Puddle Measure for remaining fairly small!!! 

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 1:22 AM, a6l6e6x said:

Having not done any Geography for many many years at what point does it start to really matter what the ground is looking like? 2 weeks before? 1 month?

I think its a point of contention if you scroll back through last years chatter on this thread

9 hours ago, pilton digger said:

as the well is about 150 feet above the level of the Pyramid I would say that is fair.

If the well is 150 feet above the level of the Pyramid and the well is nearly full, doesn't that mean the Pyramid field should be under 150 feet of water.

I obviously don't know how wells work.

13 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

If the well is 150 feet above the level of the Pyramid and the well is nearly full, doesn't that mean the Pyramid field should be under 150 feet of water.

I obviously don't know how wells work.

I'm not looking at the webcam again until that well settles down.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

19 hours ago, grilladelphia said:

I think its a point of contention if you scroll back through last years chatter on this thread

Surely the state of the ground is a year round priority topic... certainly based off this thread anyway.

I now rely on photos of puddles rather than the weather app on my phone.

I went for a walk on the farm last Saturday during Storm Dennis and it was soggy obviously.  It was so soggy that my walking boots leaked and my feet were soaked despite my boots never sinking in low enough for the water to get in over the top.  I was wearing long waterproof trousers as well.  Perhaps they are defective.

This has made me rethink my allegiance to Team Walking Boots! I have a lot of thinking to do.