Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, incident said:

Madonna reportedly charged Eurovision $1.5 million to perform a few years back, and was reportedly a pain to deal with even then.

There's legitimate reasons to doubt whether she'd want to take the wage cut, or whether she'd want to fit into the Festival (she can't exactly clear out the site for a soundcheck for example).

But then it's Glastonbury, those questions come up for many high tier artists and get resolved.

That was an absolute horrendous performance too. She was very out of tune watching it live (think there was some controversy at the time as she released a video with it autotuned to make it sound like she could sing live afterwards)

2 hours ago, Bobs said:

Thanks for info @incident  @henry bear & @northernangel

always good to know what they’re working with.

I know the pull of Glastonbury isn’t always for everyone, but I always think when you see people like Stones, McCartney, Elton John, Diana Ross, you’d always want a piece of it. 
Definitely boss on my behalf.

There are acts that they've tried to get before (Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, no doubt many others) that won't do it for the 'low' fee that Glasto offer compared to other large festivals. Sometimes acts are just about the money and don't care about the exposure. 

7 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

I had the feeling this is what the would try to do. Some of them American shows might be changed to outdoor show. 

You cant do that unless you outright cancel them. And this production was built for arenas so you likely need the grid from the ceiling for rigging and such. Plus, why the hell do you want me to lose tickets that I bought and have to re buy or hope they accommodate me correctly to the newer venue when it comes to price range and seating section? Shits not that simple. If they want, theres a decent chance the routing and everything can be the same in a year if thats the way they go. But I highly doubt theyll change venues just for shits and giggles and  mess with EVERYONE. ( including resale )

17 hours ago, stanh said:

Playboi Carti and the Opium crew heading on an arena tour, incl The O2 and AO.

F01hYlVXgAABDpr.jpg

I watched Carti's Wireless headline set on the iplayer. Definite big show feel with all these skinhead performers and the heavy metal guitarist.

16 minutes ago, zahidf said:

artwork-440x440-1.jpg

Funny this has been posted today; was browsing Facebook last night, and for reasons I don't understand, I was shown a 'suggested post' from the 'Shed Seven Fan Group'. It was a picture of Blur playing Wembley, accompanied with a caption of someone who enjoyed Blur, 'but hopefully Shed get their turn at Wembley soon!', and a hundred comments of other Shed Seven fans who seem to *somehow* think that SHED SEVEN could genuinely play Wembley Stadium in 2023 (and 'show Blur how to do it properly')!

Really gave me a hearty chuckle. Bless.

Edited by JayDiesel

1 hour ago, JayDiesel said:

Funny this has been posted today; was browsing Facebook last night, and for reasons I don't understand, I was shown a 'suggested post' from the 'Shed Seven Fan Group'. It was a picture of Blur playing Wembley, accompanied with a caption of someone who enjoyed Blur, 'but hopefully Shed get their turn at Wembley soon!', and a hundred comments of other Shed Seven fans who seem to *somehow* think that SHED SEVEN could genuinely play Wembley Stadium in 2023 (and 'show Blur how to do it properly')!

Really gave me a hearty chuckle. Bless.

Would they even fill the arena? Let alone the bloody stadium!