Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Thought I'd start a thread especially for this kind of stuff as there isn't really a dedicated place for it all and so they seem to get posted in various random threads across the forum, and I often end up missing stuff entirely. I know there's the 'Got any gigs coming up?' thread over in Discussions but it often gets buried or forgotten about. 

SO...

New tour been announced? Post it here. Want to talk about upcoming gigs but there isn't a pre-existing thread for said band? Get that in here too. Post tour posters if you can so people can see full details of the tours. Also, help out efestivals by using the ticket links provided by this site (Shop > Tickets at the top of the page). 

Maybe this'll work - maybe it'll just fall off. Let's see.

Currently very excited about the upcoming Cloud Nothings/The Hotelier tour in December that was announced the week just gone. Very rare that two bands I love so much do this kind of tour together so this is gonna be ace. Already secured my ticket for the Manchester date.

Image may contain: text

On a similar joint venture, At the Drive In are touring in March with Death From Above as support. Bit on the pricey side so waiting it out a little before I commit, but if ATDI are in a good mood then this should be a great tour.

DJ_utdrW4AAgJ02.jpg:large

Edited by FloorFiller
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Thought I'd start a thread especially for this kind of stuff as there isn't really a dedicated place for it all and so they seem to get posted in various random threads across the forum, and I often end up missing stuff entirely. I know there's the 'Got any gigs coming up?' thread over in Discussions but it often gets buried or forgotten about. 

SO...

New tour been announced? Post it here. Want to talk about upcoming gigs but there isn't a pre-existing thread for said band? Get that in here too. Post tour posters if you can so people can see full details of the tours.

Maybe this'll work - maybe it'll just fall off. Let's see.

Currently very excited about the upcoming Cloud Nothings/The Hotelier tour in December that was announced the week just gone. Very rare that two bands I love so much do this kind of tour together so this is gonna be ace. Already secured my ticket for the Manchester date.

Image may contain: text

On a similar joint venture, At the Drive In are touring in March with Death From Above as support. Bit on the pricey side so waiting it out a little before I commit, but if ATDI are in a good mood then this should be a great tour.

DJ_utdrW4AAgJ02.jpg:large

Really enjoying the new DFA album! This is tempting! 

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Added to the OP!

I meant that you can post a link to a gig in the forum threads and due to some clever stuff, efests will get the referral. The shop links will work though, for sure.

There's much more detail to this, I'm sure Neil can provide and correct anything I've said.

12 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I meant that you can post a link to a gig in the forum threads and due to some clever stuff, efests will get the referral. The shop links will work though, for sure.

There's much more detail to this, I'm sure Neil can provide and correct anything I've said.

All the links on Egigs have the relevant stuff and as it is Neil's site I would think he might not want to duplicate his efforts - but I could be wrong.

12 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

I wanna go to that Cloud Nothings gig but using the US date format for a European tour is making me not wanna go 

Ah makes sense now. Thought they were allowing themselves a month between gigs (two months between Leeds and Bristol due to M1) or were really superstitious about playing on the 12th. 

Got Nick Mulvey in Liverpool this Sunday and Dua Lipa in Manchester next Thursday.  Was looking at White Lies show in Liverpool next month but that may have to get binned given the Bon Iver London news today! Fingers crossed for that one.

edit: Dang it. Just read that Wild Beasts are gonna call it a day. I've never seen them and missed the Glasto set. Hopefully a farewell tour. What a time to be a wallet.

Edited by jyoung

19 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Isn't http://www.egigs.co.uk/ the place to see all upcoming gig announcements complete with a forum to discuss them?

Just looking at this, it would totally make sense given the most popular threads on here are discussing upcoming gigs and that'll likely stay true for the next year or so. But obviously peeps would have to make the leap together.

4 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

All the links on Egigs have the relevant stuff and as it is Neil's site I would think he might not want to duplicate his efforts - but I could be wrong.

I've nothing against egigs, I'm just saying that if people are posting about gigs on this thread, then it's better to include a link, since if people just google the names from a poster, Neil's less likely to get a referral fee.