Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

On 05/10/2017 at 5:29 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Although in other news STOP THE PRESSES as Kero Kero Bonito are playing Heebie Jeebies in Liverpool for a mere FOUR POUNDS FORTY PEE (GBP) on Saturday 28th Oct. 

I just misclicked on Dice and was blown away that Japanese Breakfast were also playing for £4 (without forty pee booking fee I guess). That does look like a swell inner-city festival. Scousers eatin fam.

30 Seconds to Mars goes on sale on Friday. 

https://www.gigsandtours.com/tour/thirty-seconds-to-mars

I once saw them when they toured the first album years ago in Mountford Hall (I think!?) in Liverpool. They were actually pretty good but I haven't actively listened to them since! 

On a seperate note, I think I've managed to get hold of a couple of Frank Carter tickets for December! 

IMG_20171010_014928.jpg

Edited by vintagelaureate
Added a link

10 hours ago, eastynh said:

His lyrics were absolutely fantastic. He was a modern day Shaun Ryder. 

No longer modern unfortunately and it has just made me realise I am approaching being middle aged. Just like myself some of the Streets tunes have not aged well, but the lyrics definitely have. 

I will listen to both albums today. I was about 18/19 when they came out, so I was a prime target for them. At the time I found him really annoying. Ill see if my taste has changed....

7 hours ago, Simpo said:

THE STREETS! THis is as good a time as any to get a free trial from www.audible.co.uk and listen to The Story Of The Streets, as told by Mike Skinner. It will colour your enjoyment of The Streets. Didn't get into them til near the end, used to despise some of the songs, ha. As a result I hold the last album in high regard. The song The Escapist also means a whole lot to me.

I just finished reading that and its a great read, makes you look at albums 3 and 4 in a new, more positive light. Still not my favorite albums but i enjoy them a bit more now. He's a great story teller as well.

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Ain't it OCS now? And where's The Blind Shake @?

I think it's both, there's an Oh Sees and an OCS page on Spotify. I think 20 years of doing his own thing and own promotion has made him not too bothered about trivial things like a 'name'. He seems pretty blasè about it in this interview (which also features a fair claim they're the best live band going and further proof Dwyer's the coolest dude alive as he confesses his love for The Fall)

6 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

30 Seconds to Mars goes on sale on Friday. 

https://www.gigsandtours.com/tour/thirty-seconds-to-mars

I once saw them when they toured the first album years ago in Mountford Hall (I think!?) in Liverpool. They were actually pretty good but I haven't actively listened to them since! 

On a seperate note, I think I've managed to get hold of a couple of Frank Carter tickets for December! 

Walked past 30STM at download, he's got a voice on him but it was some of the cheesiest shite I've ever come across. And I saw Europe that weekend.

The Frank tickets you wont regret though!

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I will listen to both albums today. I was about 18/19 when they came out, so I was a prime target for them. At the time I found him really annoying. Ill see if my taste has changed....

A lot of the tracks make a lot more sense in the context of the albums. I admit it's been years since I've really listened to them but the thought of seeing them live again has got me excited.

20 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

should be a good gig. I very much hope so seeing as I won't be getting back home until 2am

Hope it was worth it! Weird crowd - talked through On a Neck, On a Spit but I could hear a pin drop for Foreground (which was sooooooo good). The newer material largely had to be carried by the old in my opinion - Three Rings and Mourning Sound were both very good though. Ed looked very uncomfortable for the first few songs :lol:

33 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Do we think this streets thing is a one off then? Dates and locations dont work well for me but dont want to miss this if it is a one off!

I’d be surprised if they never played shows again after, given their propensity to do final shows. However, labelling it a one-off while festivals are in the midst of booking acts might mean that there won’t be another chance to see em in 2018.

1 hour ago, MattDavies__ said:

Its 40-50 quid so any regrets I had have just gone out the window :P 

If there was a south coast date I'd be there. I don't think I can justify spending the cash and leave from work to stay in London for a band I used to love. They've kind of fallen into a new category of loving hearing them expectantly but never really going out of my way to do so. 

49 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

With the mid-noughties in vogue across the mid-level festivals, I’d think Mike’s lot could clean up at yer Kendals and yer Trucks. I’m not expecting it with the ’one-off’ claim but wouldn’t surprise me and I think those fests’ attendees would be relatively pleased.

I'd suggest they'd be a good fit for Victorious if it weren't for Mike's woeful attempt at a DJ set there a few years back.

In his last podcast, Mike Skinner said that if he ever needed to make a load of money he'd do a Streets tour... and here it is. £50 is overpriced but, unfortunately, expected. From what I've read, there doesn't seem to be anything in place to combat touts (names on tickets), so they're going to have a field day. There are free dates either side of the Brixton shows, so I reckon more could be announced.