Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

No I am not. That's my point, I can't remember the last time I was happy...

Ah. The way I read it was that you'd like, opened the link and thought "god I can't remember the last time I was this happy"

I listened to Original Pirate Material just the other day, it’s still one of my favourite records. I don’t think I’ll go though, it’s a total cash in, and I wasn’t keen on the laddy atmosphere last time I saw them (at Glasto. He stopped a song to tell a girl she had nice tits).

Ticket prices are insane now. Beck is playing Electric Ballroom on Thursday, a really small venue for him, but it’s £60 and hasn’t even sold out. Feels like it’s finally got out of control now when I’m not going to see my some of my favourite mid-high level artists because of ticket prices.

Edited by Bradders

16 minutes ago, Bradders said:

I wasn’t keen on the laddy atmosphere last time I saw them (at Glasto. He stopped a song to tell a girl she had nice tits).

weird considering there are literally songs in their catalogue taking the piss out of that kind of culture, guess it's a legacy of FBYKI being their biggest hit though

5 hours ago, Tuna said:

Hope it was worth it! Weird crowd - talked through On a Neck, On a Spit but I could hear a pin drop for Foreground (which was sooooooo good). The newer material largely had to be carried by the old in my opinion - Three Rings and Mourning Sound were both very good though. Ed looked very uncomfortable for the first few songs :lol:

was a good gig. Crowd around me was a bit flat but nice and quiet, I agree with you that the older stuff sounded better.  On a Neck, On a Spit was a nice treat too. Yeah Ed's dancing at the start was making me laugh. Luckily Southern train delays worked in my favour for once and I was able to make the last direct train to Brighton, instead of having to get a replacement bus from Three Bridges.

• Like 1

2 per person apparently as well for The Streets. I'm buzzing like, if everyone else can get on with the LCD Soundsytem reunion, I'm gonna enjoy this. The tours named after the new stuff Mike's putting out, hoping for one or 2 of them songs within the greatest hits. Really wish this hadn't come the week after kendrick and the same week as the Oh Sees/Castle Mania thing, that's like 160 quid on gigs in a week. There goes them new docs I've been waiting for...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MattDavies__ said:

That's how much Manchester is. £39.50 for, presumably, seating & £47.50 for standing 

Surely sitting down at the back for The Streets would be a shame ?

I guess most people would want to be down the front getting covered in lager !!!

Edited by ivan

56 minutes ago, priest17 said:

2 per person apparently as well for The Streets. I'm buzzing like, if everyone else can get on with the LCD Soundsytem reunion, I'm gonna enjoy this. The tours named after the new stuff Mike's putting out, hoping for one or 2 of them songs within the greatest hits. Really wish this hadn't come the week after kendrick and the same week as the Oh Sees/Castle Mania thing, that's like 160 quid on gigs in a week. There goes them new docs I've been waiting for...

In London, think its four in Manc (and probably elsewhere) 

27 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Has to be a point of bubble popping for the relentless price gouging going on at the moment surely? It can't be sustainable, it'll put people off entirely with time.

there'll always be someone richer to happily snaffle a ticket passed up by someone who is priced out of it :( barring an unlikely revolution where the acts tells their agents to buck their ideas up, the only way things will ever change will be if literally everyone who goes to gigs agrees to a massive protest where nobody buys tickets, but that would never happen obviously.

11 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I will listen to both albums today. I was about 18/19 when they came out, so I was a prime target for them. At the time I found him really annoying. Ill see if my taste has changed....

I was in my mid-twenties at the time and thought was in his target age range.  Dry Your Eyes always made me cry.

16 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Has to be a point of bubble popping for the relentless price gouging going on at the moment surely? It can't be sustainable, it'll put people off entirely with time.

I have pretty much stopped going to 'big' gigs cos of the price. Would have seen Arcade Fire, but £70! No thanks. Would have seen a lot of others too, but it just aint' worth it. I suppose the artists make less money through record sales what with streaming and the what not. 

I'm not sure the bubble is ready to pop yet, but the whole model of making money for acts has changed. 

Lanterns on the Lake this weekend - £16! :-)

16 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Or will it be that live music prices out the working classes? Look at football for a comparison... continual price rises for over 20 years and it is only recently that any measures have been taken to freeze prices and make it more accessible. 

It's when you see individual gig prices you realise how much good value festivals are! 

Edited by vintagelaureate
Grammar