Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

14 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Four Tet playing a couple of rare live shows in Feburary, will definitely be in attendance for one of those. 

I’m gutted, going down and staying in London for a long weekend the week after (Nils Frahm and Bonny Bear). Not sure I can justify two trips down in that space of time

Killers just announced extragig at Liverpool Echo Arena on 9th November.

Annoyingly as I have Manc tickets on the 12th.

Late announcement, hard to believe they will sell it out on such short notice and the 2 Manc gigs to follow!

16 minutes ago, Harry49 said:

Late announcement, hard to believe they will sell it out on such short notice and the 2 Manc gigs to follow!

someone obviously thinks it can be sold else they wouldn't be doing it.

And there's probably a bit of extra demand been created now, as a consequence of lots of peeps going around saying they've got killers tickets.

1 hour ago, Harry49 said:

Don’t underestimate the draw of The Killers. They may not be the huge powerhouse they once were, but damn do people love to belt out Mr Brightside. Think it’ll sell just fine, although always very frustrating when acts announce gigs late on like this, especially if it’s in your hometown and you’ve bought tickets (and possibly even travel and accommodation) for elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Don’t underestimate the draw of The Killers. 

That they brought an entire side of the site to a standstill for a couple of hours is one of 2017's most baffling episodes. 

The initial assessment that it was folks who hadn't seen them before was soon ruled out after the penny dropped that absolutely everyone's seen The Killers taking up valuable real estate at one time or another.

14 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That they brought an entire side of the site to a standstill for a couple of hours is one of 2017's most baffling episodes. 

The initial assessment that it was folks who hadn't seen them before was soon ruled out after the penny dropped that absolutely everyone's seen The Killers taking up valuable real estate at one time or another.

The worrds 'Secret Set' do have an affect on people... everyone seems to go mental. 

If it was just the killers, pre announced, I doubt they'd have got the same response

16 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The worrds 'Secret Set' do have an affect on people... everyone seems to go mental. 

If it was just the killers, pre announced, I doubt they'd have got the same response

I've never seen them before and absolutely loved it. The atmosphere was incredible, you forget how many songs of their you know. Great stuff.

I wouldn't pay to see them though. Well, maybe up to £20.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

of course it would, The Killers are still massive, at that time of day if they were pre-announced there probably would have been an even bigger crowd. most people on-site don't follow who the secret sets are, and wouldn't have known that The Killers were going to play.

and I agree with @Gnomicide , for almost every song, I was thinking, "oh yeah, this is a belter".

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I've never seen them before and absolutely loved it. The atmosphere was incredible, you forget how many songs of their you know. Great stuff.

I wouldn't pay to see them though. Well, maybe up to £20.

I had seen them support U2 in 2005 in Cardiff...(I expect to get pelters for that on here!) they were alright, no more than that. 

18 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Don’t underestimate the draw of The Killers. They may not be the huge powerhouse they once were, but damn do people love to belt out Mr Brightside. Think it’ll sell just fine, although always very frustrating when acts announce gigs late on like this, especially if it’s in your hometown and you’ve bought tickets (and possibly even travel and accommodation) for elsewhere. 

I hope they do sell out, as the more bands the Echo arena can entice the better. Apart from it being a "home game" the size of the arena is far preferable to the oversized hanger that the Manc arena offers.

Just a shame the opportunity to see them there was not offered at same time as Manc gigs. But at least it may knock the chances of the resellers makimg e a bundle on the numerous tickets still available on resale sights!