Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Do bands like Arcade Fire need to charge £70+ for a gig? Yes, fair enough people will pay it, but does that make it right? They're worth millions and can surely afford to lower ticket prices? 

Maybe I'm being naive in thinking all these bands have a conscience. Maybe it is actually all about the $$$. I kinda expect it from the megastars like Bieber, Gaga, Taylor Swift, but it just seems a little harder to swallow when the 'real bands' you love do it.

Edited by StLewi

On 10/10/2017 at 9:17 AM, Tuna said:

Hope it was worth it! Weird crowd - talked through On a Neck, On a Spit but I could hear a pin drop for Foreground (which was sooooooo good). The newer material largely had to be carried by the old in my opinion - Three Rings and Mourning Sound were both very good though. Ed looked very uncomfortable for the first few songs :lol:

Was it good? 

I was out of the country for their UK shows so I'm going to Brussels this weekend to see them. I need them to be worth that time, money and effort (quite confident they will be their last tour in Manchester was stunning and I love the new album). 

7 hours ago, StLewi said:

Do bands like Arcade Fire need to charge £70+ for a gig? Yes, fair enough people will pay it, but does that make it right? They're worth millions and can surely afford to lower ticket prices? 

Maybe I'm being naive in thinking all these bands have a conscience. Maybe it is actually all about the $$$. I kinda expect it from the megastars like Bieber, Gaga, Taylor Swift, but it just seems a little harder to swallow when the 'real bands' you love do it.

Win of Arcade Fire in particular insinuated they won't be touring a big pricey production again like they are currently. Presumably with lower ticket prices as a result.

17 hours ago, popcornmaster said:

Was it good? 

I was out of the country for their UK shows so I'm going to Brussels this weekend to see them. I need them to be worth that time, money and effort (quite confident they will be their last tour in Manchester was stunning and I love the new album). 

Yeah, I keep thinking back to loads of really good moments. If you're a fan of Veckatimest and Painted Ruins, it'll be great. Sun in your Eyes and Foreground were both exceptional. 

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:59 AM, kingcrawler said:

Saw Slowdive last night, can't say I was too excited about it going into it but they were really good, sounded amazing and the lights/visuals really added to it too. 

They were excellent last night in Leeds 

As you say the lighting and visual really made it special - I loved the 3d Slowdive pill  that floated about.

Would love to see em headline The Park !

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

Yeah, I keep thinking back to loads of really good moments. If you're a fan of Veckatimest and Painted Ruins, it'll be great. Sun in your Eyes and Foreground were both exceptional. 

Fantastic!

Can't fault Sun in your Eyes nor Foreground and I've heard On a Neck... be mentioned so I'll be happy I think. 

5 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

Andrew Savage (Parquet Courts) is doing some dates in support of his solo album. Have seen there's a Brighton show which is good news for me.

Cheers for this, didn't even know he had solo stuff out, sounds great. Might have to pick up a Soup Kitchen ticket.

1 hour ago, RossTC said:

Another tour to sell out in minutes with tickets being on resale sites connected to ticketmaster within minutes also. What a load of bull shit.

Streets tour im talking about btw! :( 

Aye I missed out as well, there's normally a few floating about on the day via twickets or the facebook event page. 

I'd love to see the stats from actual venues about how many tickets aren't scanned in in the end, surely not all the stupidly expensive tickets sell? I know there's some panic buys from some people but I wonder how many tickets are just wasted in the end. Anyone have any victories getting them outside as the bands starting? 

Fair play to people like Sacha finding and outing touts 

45 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

But for the fact that he clashed with someone or other (Metallica? Yeezy?) I'd have been at that.  From what I saw of it on the coverage it looked like he smashed it.  Part of the reasoning behind partaking of a #Ferryfest next April.

It was Metallica he clashed with, and yes, he did smash it.