Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

19 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Don’t underestimate the draw of The Killers. They may not be the huge powerhouse they once were, but damn do people love to belt out Mr Brightside. Think it’ll sell just fine, although always very frustrating when acts announce gigs late on like this, especially if it’s in your hometown and you’ve bought tickets (and possibly even travel and accommodation) for elsewhere. 

They're certainly not the 'huge powerhouse' anymore,  the new album is abysmal. Still, loved them at the JP tent in June.

On 10/19/2017 at 8:25 AM, eFestivals said:

and no one cares. :lol:

even the festival doesn't care enough to put it on it's website/twitter/facearse.

I think he was absolutely fantastic. Not sure whether he is a festival headline act but I am glad he is back. Would be nice to see Johnny Marr with him.

6 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I think he was absolutely fantastic. Not sure whether he is a festival headline act but I am glad he is back. Would be nice to see Johnny Marr with him.

i saw the the at brixton somewhen around the early 90s. Oddly i have a small memory of the support but not a dickie bird for the the. So i can only think it was very unimpressive.

I used to play 'them' to death. Only (Matt solo) Burning Blue Soul gets an airing today.

Saw J Cole last night who was really impressive, great energy throughout and the crowd was going absolutely mad for him. He'd be a good booking at Glastonbury I imagine but would maybe command to big a slot to ever actually get booked.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he got a big slot at Reading soon.

24 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Saw J Cole last night who was really impressive, great energy throughout and the crowd was going absolutely mad for him. He'd be a good booking at Glastonbury I imagine but would maybe command to big a slot to ever actually get booked.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he got a big slot at Reading soon.

Don't see him cropping up at R/L myself - far more likely to just headline Wireless every couple of years I'd have thought. Despite him seemingly being a big name I couldn't name a single J. Cole song and I'm guessing he'd demand a pretty prominent slot and fee these days (sub, if not headliner).

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Don't see him cropping up at R/L myself - far more likely to just headline Wireless every couple of years I'd have thought. Despite him seemingly being a big name I couldn't name a single J. Cole song and I'm guessing he'd demand a pretty prominent slot and fee these days (sub, if not headliner).

You’re probably right with him just doing Wireless to be honest.

Yeah he’s never really had any big singles over here except ‘Workout’ years ago. His last two albums were both brilliant though, well worth a listen.

I'm kinda tempted to head down to the arena tonight and try and blag a reduced ticket off a tout just before J Cole comes on. I'd also recommend his last two albums, I've not heard any of his older stuff though. Defo have a listen to No Role Modelz if anyones wants to quickly check him out.

Don't think he'll ever be booked for Glasto but it'd be great if R&L got him to sub.

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

I'm kinda tempted to head down to the arena tonight and try and blag a reduced ticket off a tout just before J Cole comes on. I'd also recommend his last two albums, I've not heard any of his older stuff though. Defo have a listen to No Role Modelz if anyones wants to quickly check him out.

Don't think he'll ever be booked for Glasto but it'd be great if R&L got him to sub.

Would recommend it, thought he was fantastic. 

Brian Fallon is back over here in February too for any Gaslight Anthem fans interested. Great morning of gig announcements.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

£63 for Birmingham and Manchester.

What the fuck, really? I was expecting 30 odd. Are they that big a deal? Just the fact that they're doing arenas surprised me, but I only got into the show a few years after it aired so I don't really have a grasp of how big it was.