Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

On 4/26/2024 at 7:34 PM, charlierc said:

The Big Moon did a similar protest for their show at the Kentish Town Forum last year where they refused to sell merch in the venue and instead went to a pub over the road to avoid the venue taking a 25% cut. Which is certainly quite enormous.

There's been a few who've done that. The Forum takes a 30% cut I believe, most of the o2 venues do. 

On 4/26/2024 at 8:40 PM, beau1 said:

I'm seeing Keane there next weekend and getting increasingly worried. 

However, Olivia Rodrigo is playing two nights there 3rd/4th May. I am hoping it will be sorted for them otherwise it's going to be a massive embarrassment.

Also, can't believe tĥe managing director is blaming Covid & Brexit. Get real.

Good to see that he ended up quitting... trying to deflect from his extremely well financed barn over-running by saying that small venues are badly run too. Maybe they are, but there's no need to be a c*nt. 

33 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

Good to see that he ended up quitting... trying to deflect from his extremely well financed barn over-running by saying that small venues are badly run too. Maybe they are, but there's no need to be a c*nt. 

Does he mean badly run or just not fleecing customers like all the corporate academies and arenas do? Which in essence is what makes the independent venues work. If they started charging more for bands and £8 a pint then they’d close down quicker. Think it’s a very privileged clueless comment to make. 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Does he mean badly run or just not fleecing customers like all the corporate academies and arenas do? Which in essence is what makes the independent venues work. If they started charging more for bands and £8 a pint then they’d close down quicker. Think it’s a very privileged clueless comment to make. 

Specific quotes weren't put up, just an off-hand remark by the writer about venues being poorly run before waffle about wanting to do something else to help.

It's probably not helped the schadenfruede that seems to have broken out in response at the venue's opening being delayed.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

"an unwillingness to revisit the Pink Floyd of the ‘70s..........There’s songs from the Momentary Lapse Of Reason and The Division Bell albums"

Alan Partridge Steve Coogan GIF - Alan Partridge Steve Coogan Norwich GIFs

He's always done plenty of PF songs when I've seen him, although he was likely on better terms with Waters at the time.

I'd assume those Billie Eilish dates are not complete yet.

Certainly would seem odd to have more shows in London than in France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, and Belgium combined.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

I'd assume those Billie Eilish dates are not complete yet.

Certainly would seem odd to have more shows in London than in France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, and Belgium combined.

gaps left for more inevitable sell out dates

22 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

Not that I'm privvy to venue booking info, but surely it's easier and more cost-effective to book 2-3 stadium shows in July than 10 arena shows? 

Or are we assuming the stadiums are all full next summer?

Means you need a stadium sized setup for every city you stop at i guess - so you couldn't stop at smaller cities where it may not be possible?

probably full too

21 minutes ago, gfa said:

Means you need a stadium sized setup for every city you stop at i guess - so you couldn't stop at smaller cities where it may not be possible?

probably full too

Valid point, hadn't thought of that. Not that they're remotely relevant, but noticed Take That are doing an Arena -> Stadium tour combo which you rarely see

50 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

Not that I'm privvy to venue booking info, but surely it's easier and more cost-effective to book 2-3 stadium shows in July than 10 arena shows? 

Or are we assuming the stadiums are all full next summer?

She could also prefer to play more shows in arenas. Not that they’re intimate but an arena is easier to pull off than a stadium. 

35 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Has anyone done the maths with what number show he is up to now, added to those in the calendar? Is there room to add more before show 3000?

Short answer - yes.

Based on announced dates, he's short by quite a large number - so plenty festival sets and additional shows tba.

• Upvote 1