Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

22 hours ago, charlierc said:

I did ponder if it might be a production thing as said below with Billie doing a 360 tour, which as noted, is easier for arenas.

Certainly I recall Muse doing 5 nights at London O2, plus 6 in Milan and 6 in Paris on their Drones tour in 2016, but mainly because they had a big 360 production with flying objects that you would have to make work indoors due to a wide variety of practicality issues outdoors.

Certainly to the best of my knowledge we're yet to see someone go for an update on U2's grand folly:

3825867385_ab5dc229cc_b.jpg

Ed Sheeran's recent stadium tour was 360 degrees, as is Metallica's current stadium tour. Though neither has the same production value of that U2 tour.

8 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Ed Sheeran's recent stadium tour was 360 degrees, as is Metallica's current stadium tour. Though neither has the same production value of that U2 tour.

Oooh I wasn't aware that Sheeran & Metallica did 360 stadium tours. They kinda did the same principle as well tbf of having the speakers and lights on structures encircling the stage looking at photos.

Like you say, not quite as elaborate as U2's claw, although Sheeran's is closer to it than Metallica's design.

Edited by charlierc

Clearly the AO Arena spotted an opportunity for themselves thanks to the other venue's problems...

Quite a quick turnaround tbf.

Guardian is claiming that the AO Arena is also looking at pinching Keane, who were meant to be at the Co-Op Live on Sunday but have been the latest to say no show.

A bit disappointed that the Co-Op Live Keane show didn't get moved to the AO Arena as we are still committed to going to Manchester - hotels etc were non-refundable. 

We've decided to get a refund for the postponed date and got tickets to see Keane at Glastonbury Extravaganza instead!

12 hours ago, stanh said:

Proper embarrassing for Co-Op Live, hope to get the rescheduled Olivia Rodrigo dates soon. Fingers crossed they aren't during Glastonbury. 

based on the dates the tour ends it might well be if they have to squeeze it in then

So the venue's general manager is telling the Guardian that they're not sure the venue will be open at all in 2024, while the venue themselves is saying they're pushing on with a show on the 14th (which would make Manchester's very own Elbow the venue's opening act, if you're wondering)

Well presumably one of these two is right, right?

Circling back on the Billie Eilish ticket situation, it looks like a bunch of her dates, especially the Manchester shows, still have all tiers available other than the cheap seats (which themselves are £80!).

Only been on sale a day(?) so no doubt some more will shift over time given they’re not for over a year, but looks like ticket prices being £100+ as standard and especially crossing the £150 mark is where people are starting to draw the line, or at least have a think about it rather than feverishly buying up all tickets instantly because of FOMO. 

Maybe Billie also isn’t quite the hot property she was a couple of years back, or at least not before people have heard the album to ensure they want to be there.

Plus it's only 2 years since her last tour - and she also did festivals to tick off the less partisan folks - so demand has maybe been satisfied for the time being. No appetite for it in my regular gig circle after most of them caught her at G22 and weren't bowled over.

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

Circling back on the Billie Eilish ticket situation, it looks like a bunch of her dates, especially the Manchester shows, still have all tiers available other than the cheap seats (which themselves are £80!).

Only been on sale a day(?) so no doubt some more will shift over time given they’re not for over a year, but looks like ticket prices being £100+ as standard and especially crossing the £150 mark is where people are starting to draw the line, or at least have a think about it rather than feverishly buying up all tickets instantly because of FOMO. 

Maybe Billie also isn’t quite the hot property she was a couple of years back, or at least not before people have heard the album to ensure they want to be there.

Good. Hopefully this becomes the common theme because the only way is up if people keep paying it. I think my cut off is £100 which is still too steep really but this heat was the first time I go through for tickets AC/DC and decided against it due to price. Luckily I’ve seen most of the acts I want too but going to start a rule of just going to independent venues and acts I’ve never seen if it’s a reasonable price. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Plus it's only 2 years since her last tour - and she also did festivals to tick off the less partisan folks - so demand has maybe been satisfied for the time being. No appetite for it in my regular gig circle after most of them caught her at G22 and weren't bowled over.

Yeah doesn’t help she isn’t very good live. 

6 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Hot propery has nothing to do with it, £150 does! Manchester standing tickets are over £200

On 5/4/2024 at 7:45 AM, FloopFiller said:

I mean, 6 nights in London and 4 in Manchester using a 360 set-up is a load of tickets, but with prices being a lot, the fact she toured similar size venues recently and the fact it's still a year, so could just be overestimating demand. London seems to have sold well, but a check said still quite a few for Manc and also for Glasgow. Could well have sold out with less shows, but equally, I suspect that by this time next year when the shows are that a few more will have been sold.

On 5/4/2024 at 7:45 AM, FloopFiller said:

4 nights surprised me. Olivia Rodrigo was so sought after that they had registrations (2 of us applied and neither got a buying link til it was VIP packages only)  and she's only doing 2 in Manchester. Some prices were mental for that, plenty of £300+ ones for good seats. Seems like 4 was a bit of a stretch here

Edited by efcfanwirral

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

4 nights surprised me. Olivia Rodrigo was so sought after that they had registrations (2 of us applied and neither got a buying link til it was VIP packages only)  and she's only doing 2 in Manchester. Some prices were mental for that, plenty of £300+ ones for good seats. Seems like 4 was a bit of a stretch here

Well she was only doing 2 in Manchester before it became apparent the venue wasn't ready, anyway.

But the demand was clearly there if reg's and extreme prices were required.