2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

I’ll only be seeing Macca.  Absolutely no interest in Billie and saw her in 2019 and was bored to death.  Kendrick I like a few of but pretty sure there’ll be plenty more I’d rather see 

That about sums it up for me though I fully understand why many will like Billie and Kendrick and I’m sure they will smash it. As always there will be plenty alternatives to suit everyone, PSBs will attract a big crowd on the other.  Macca is a must for us. 

1 hour ago, AlexOvd said:

I can understand people don't like Kendrick but not knowing who he is? 😬

I think a lot of people will have no idea who he is. I had heard of him but never listened to his music. I tried but it’s not my thing. Had another go yesterday, but I just can’t get past all the N words and talk of bitches…it just makes me really uneasy. 

• Downvote 1

My current headliner position:

Fri - Up for grabs, no interest in Billie and Foals don't hugely inspire as I've seen them loads of times. Simbi confirmed for WH would make it an easy call.

Sat - 96% likely to see Macca. Love Beatles and have seen him a couple of times before and loved him. ALso you have to wonder how many more opportunities you'd get. Would take something unbelievable elsewhere to drag me away.

Sun - 100% Kendrick, not even looking at what's on elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

My current headliner position:

Fri - Up for grabs, no interest in Billie and Foals don't hugely inspire as I've seen them loads of times. Simbi confirmed for WH would make it an easy call.

Sat - 96% likely to see Macca. Love Beatles and have seen him a couple of times before and loved him. ALso you have to wonder how many more opportunities you'd get. Would take something unbelievable elsewhere to drag me away.

Sun - 100% Kendrick, not even looking at what's on elsewhere.

If I get tickets then it's 100% McCartney - always wanted to see him since I saw him on the 2004 tv coverage but he tours so rarely I haven't had the chance to actually go to the gigs for whatever reason when they've been on. One of the rare acts I've wanted to see but never have. (Elton John is another so it looks like I'm heading to the devil's lair the week before...).

Really not into Billie Eilish or Kendrick Lamar but that's fine, I like roaming the site at headliner time. Also not sure on Foals so would probably miss them, though I remember Manics were rumoured for the Park Friday night in 2020 so if its them I'll head up there. 

Really depends on the Sunday night but might just roam. 

13 minutes ago, ticketboy69 said:

I think a lot of people will have no idea who he is. I had heard of him but never listened to his music. I tried but it’s not my thing. Had another go yesterday, but I just can’t get past all the N words and talk of bitches…it just makes me really uneasy. 

This pretty much sums it up for me. I mostly listen to music that has lyrics that I either relate to, understand, or get something more than just words out of them. But with Kendricks music, none of them happen for me, and I don't enjoy the lyrical themes, in the same way I don't enjoy someone like Kanye's. I'm not really a fan of his voice either.

The way I see it is, music is kind of like food. Everyone has their favourites, and there'll be some that others absolutely love, but no matter how much you consume of it, you'll never like it, and there's not really much point in trying to. Although it can be worth giving it a go from time to time if your feeling it.

49 minutes ago, Miyn said:

How early would you need to get there for Macca if you want to be in the front pit section? Managed to get in for Killers and Cure by turning up 15 mins before the changeover and going down the side of the pyramid field. But if it's Noel into Macca I'm not sure it will be as successful.

It's not as bad as it looks when you are down there. I drank too kuchen red wine during Kris Kristofferson and Kirst Aid Kit so fell asleep and missed most of The XX who I was most bothered about. Watched from so far to side we couldn't even see a screen. Started moving at the end of their set and we could have got to barrier at Radiohead if we wanted 

I've seen all three possible headliners a few times so not sure if I'll see any, but it might be the strongest set of headliners this year. Macca would probably be the one I'd see again given it could be the last tour but depends who else is on. Plus our group has gone from 6 to 2 😔 in the last two months so less chance of us splitting up to go to different stages this year

Unfortunately none of the headliners really interest me, Macca been the most likely I will go see if nothing else is on. Billie I saw in 2019, didn't think much of it, just watched out of curiosity. I've never been into hip hop, but gave Kenny's albums a lot of listens with how much he was been talked about here, found maybe 2 sounds that I thought were okay, and having watched his set from Reading in 2018 on YouTube, and what I heard from people who were there it wasn't good, now he will be performing to an audience who is generally less likely to know him than a young Reading audience, I just cant see how it is going to be as amazing as people are making out. Hope to be proven wrong and he nails it and everyone enjoys it, maybe it's just cause I can't get into his music...but that's what I think

Macca is 100% for me, won’t even look at the other stages.

Billie and Kendrick are both as close as you can get and it’ll need something special to take me away. The only question for Kendrick is I’ll be the only one of my group that wants to see him, so I’ll have to weigh up the alternatives and if I’ll have a better time at Kendrick on my own or with friends elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I really invite the doubters/people who can't get into him to watch this. In full. Grab yourself some chips, a beer en enjoy this without skipping anything. It shows how musical Kendrick actually is, what a great showman he can be (and puts a light on his amazing backing band too).

You won't regret it.

Was about to post that I'm one of the mid-30s who doesnt check these boards often and had never heard of Kendrick before the Glasto links and really didnt get caught by anything I'd listened to on Spotify. The first part of that video has got me a bit more interested and I'll watch it through sometime.

I've no interest in seeing Billie but will definitely watch Macca. Most of my group are the same, only planning on seeing Macca, but we appreciate we are all in our 30's and we can't have the same headliners rotating every few years! I think if it is Billie, Macca and Kendrick then they've got a great mix of headliners.

I'm really looking forward to having fewer 'must see's' on my list and spending more time away from the Pyramid, just hope that video doesnt make me want to watch all of Kendricks set!

33 minutes ago, ticketboy69 said:

A black man using the N word makes you feel uneasy? Lmfao

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Honestly, if it’s Billie, Kendrick and Macca I’ll be happy. I can appreciate how good Billie and Kendrick are as musicians and believe they do deserve the headline slots. However, I won’t be going to see either of them - they just aren’t for me. Macca on the other hand I will definitely go and see. I just feel like every year I need to see at least one headline slot on the pyramid and Macca will be that one this year - if they get confirmed of course.

27 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I really invite the doubters/people who can't get into him to watch this. In full. Grab yourself some chips, a beer en enjoy this without skipping anything. It shows how musical Kendrick actually is, what a great showman he can be (and puts a light on his amazing backing band too).

You won't regret it.

I gave it 10 minutes. It's.... alright I guess. I'd possibly watch a mid afternoon set but it's not going to get me to The Pyramid for a headline set though.

You were right though, I didn't regret it, now I know for sure.

34 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

You won't regret it.

I've never seen this before but that sort of performance with backing band gets my attention.

Complete polar opposite to what I've seen from his Reading festival show which must admit left me uninspired to say the least.

Question being does his performance / band style suit an open arena? It looks very slick in the video above but does it translate to the bigger stage?

(this isn't a pop by the way, a genuine question)

I’ll likely not be at all three. Kendrick I might end up at but only if there’s nothing else on, the other two are definite no’s. 

My worry at the moment is a lot of the the alternative headliner options at the moment are very uninspiring so I’m hoping we see some curveballs. Having said that, the two we know - Foals and Simz - are decent, but chances are they’re gonna clash. 

McCartney - life affirming moment for me. Also, as an Oasis obsessive and someone who really likes the majority of Noel's solo stuff - that's gonna be quite the day/experience for me - assuming that's how the lineup plays out.

I won't be at the other two Pyramid headline slots - but I quite like that. From the 2020 lineup/rumours this time, I have no doubt we're gonna be spoilt for choice, so it'll be nice to see some other headline slots. Bicep could be a belter if that happens.

• Upvote 2

This forum does like to overstate the size of Kendrick tbf. Yeah he’s probably the best headline-sized act out there in terms of the quality of his recent output, but it really shouldn’t be a surprise that a lot of people going to Glastonbury won’t know who he is/have heard any of his music. He’s miles away from being a proper household name like Eminem, Jay-Z or Kanye West.

7 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I've never seen this before but that sort of performance with backing band gets my attention.

Complete polar opposite to what I've seen from his Reading festival show which must admit left me uninspired to say the least.

Question being does his performance / band style suit an open arena? It looks very slick in the video above but does it translate to the bigger stage?

(this isn't a pop by the way, a genuine question)

He had a full backing band at Reading didn't he?

Random curve ball. But remember back in the days before the first postponement there was talk of them moving the camping at the top of the pyramid field to make room for more people in the field. 

This is because we were expecting an absolutely huge headliner and they needed the capacity. 

So far none of these headliners seem to be fitting that level of hype. 

Are they still planning on moving the camping line?