2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

Fair enough with Coachella they definitely struggled although other than Coachella seems everyone else has been fine. In the UK a lot of festivals have been getting biggest lineups to date (Boardmasters, Victorious, Truck and APE all come to mind). I'm very intrigued to see what Boomtown pulls out the bag and whether they stick with the 'silent announcement' strategy

I think that's a sign of how things have gone over here Covid-wise. There's a plethora of domestic acts itching to get out there which is why the mid/small sized UK fests are cashing in. As for Boomtown, I can see what they're going for but I'm more worried with the amount of other issues that the build/city etc might not live up to expectations.

26 minutes ago, Quark said:

Would you at least be curious as to why a stranger had come in to your flat and made your breakfast?

This is no reflection on musical taste or knowledge btw, I'm just curious as to whether it's an occurrence that would warrant a raised eyebrow or if it's just par for the course 😄

I'd just be happy that somebody made me breakfast

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, henry bear said:

This probably says more about you than it does Kendrick tbh

Anecdotally of course, but I've found that to be the same across my friendship groups too though. Certainly no more than one or two songs at most. (I'm 28).

What exactly do you think it says about us hm? 🤣

15 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

I think that's a sign of how things have gone over here Covid-wise. There's a plethora of domestic acts itching to get out there which is why the mid/small sized UK fests are cashing in. As for Boomtown, I can see what they're going for but I'm more worried with the amount of other issues that the build/city etc might not live up to expectations.

Thats true actually, remains to be seen Boomtown is definitely on my bucket list - its so hard convincing first-timers to go to somewhere without a lineup, even for glastonbury some of my group weren't too sure given the price

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Thats true actually, remains to be seen Boomtown is definitely on my bucket list - its so hard convincing first-timers to go to somewhere without a lineup, even for glastonbury some of my group weren't too sure given the price

I'm not one for dance music much at all, but I've been to Boomtown twice and loved it all the same regardless. Just hope they can replicate the same thing in terms of the build/atmosphere etc after the hit they'd have taken from Covid. You're definitely paying for the experience rather than the lineup.

14 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

A significant amount of people under 30 certainly are listening to the Beatles. It's probably not the majority but the majority of under 30's probably don't like Taylor Swift either. It's probably never been the case that a majority of an age group likes a particular artist. Your under 30's scenario is arbitrary and generalising to the point of meaningless.

Jheez take some time to actually read what I said instead of writing an argument on what you think I said to fit your needs. It really doesn't come off smart. My argument is not whether under 30s listen to the Beatles at all. Its the frequency and volume >"as a significant proportion of their music times" (Should have said listening hours).   I listen to the Beatles but I listen to Oasis and The Killers more.  Taylor swift is undoubtedly more frequent and captures that demographic more. Fact. Just look at her numbers on Spotify. Doesn't have to be Taylor, could be any current artist. How many people under 30 get their Spotify wrapped and the Beatles are anywhere on that list.

14 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

If you choose to only be interested in music you consider relevant and current that's great but the majority of music listeners will not limit themselves to these parameters. 

Again you guys just presume things about me or try and put words in my mouth. Clearly anyone who says anything about Macca gets you rattled. Literally said the Beatles is the greatest rock band ever. I listen to all sorts of older music - Tribe called quest, Oasis, Bowie e.c.t but sure you... got me pegged and presume I limit myself.

Log off for the day - its actually embarrassing 

The Beatles Spotify stats are notoriously a bit ropey I think - the question is about how representative they are as a metric - of how people actually listen to them or to whether people listen to them at all.

There's definitely a lot of Fabs music products out there in the world, but I dunno whether it's all gathering dust.

Certainly for me I don't tend to stream them that much - probably cos the songs are just part of the fabric of daily existence.

The idea that there are huge numbers of under 30s listening to the beatles is a little fanciful in my opinion, not that it makes any difference to anything. 
there will be a massive collective shrug of dont care amongst the younger cohorts when macca is announced. As a mid 30s person i wont be seeing any of the assumed headliners.

yes he’s a beatle and people under 30 will know who they / he is but cant see them being in & amongst the crowd to a huge extent & will mostly be elsewhere come that hour. He will comparatively draw a massive proportion of everyone over 45 at the festival so will still play to a huge crowd

Edited by Memory Man
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aj6658 said:

Never seen someone so rattled by someone saying that they aren't as excited to see Macca as other people. 

Mate, you genuinely think I'm "rattled". Go watch who you want, it's of no concern to me whatsoever.

Just pointing out it's daft to think under 30's wouldn't be that interested in Macca.

6 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Macca will be 80. I caught the 80 year old Kris Kristofferson set in 2017 and it was grim. Will Macca be relying on the crowd to get him through? 

I saw him Christmas 2018 and he was still decent. Plus the pipes have had a couple of years' rest.

When you're in the field it won't really matter if he isn't pitch perfect anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Mate, you genuinely think I'm "rattled". Go watch who you want, it's of no concern to me whatsoever.

Just pointing out it's daft to think under 30's wouldn't be that interested in Macca.

Back tracking a bit aren't we? Never said under 30s wouldn't be interested. I commented on someone who argued that Macca was a massive headliner and I said it was a generational thing why the OP wouldn't consider it. That people under 30 would generally wouldn't consider him being a massive headliner.

You had the rigid view that Macca is massive and I argued that its a perspective.

2 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Back tracking a bit aren't we? Never said under 30s wouldn't be interested. I commented on someone who argued that Macca was a massive headliner and I said it was a generational thing why the OP wouldn't consider it. That people under 30 would generally wouldn't consider him being a massive headliner.

You had the rigid view that Macca is massive and I argued that its a perspective.

It's a pretty rigid view based on the the fact that's the biggest selling artist of all time.  It's not unreasonable to assume that the average Glastonbury punter, regardless of age, might have heard of Paul McCartney, his music and his cultural significance.

What you have is "I'm under 30 and not fussed, therefore all under 30's aren't fussed".

4 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

I'd dispute that. Even if they weren't that bothered themselves, I'd say most would still agree he's a massive headliner.