2020 headliners

jj200

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

With regard to what happens with Kendrick, was there widespread scrutiny about Stormzy after his performance? I thought people just said "yes he nailed it" and carried on. It wasn't until later in the year when he was misquoted as saying Britain was "100% racist" that he really set people off.

Yeah - it was Stormzy I was thinking of - and I think there was minor furore about his Fuck Boris wheel up.  Of course it's perfectly fine to dislike Vossi Bop, but my natural instinct is solidarity with people who've had the Eye of Sauron pointed at them by the right wing outrage machine - and not just to pipe up to say I prefer Wylie.

Probably two of the most controversial bookings in Glasto history are Jay and Ye. If something similar flares up around Kendrick then it won't just be a coincidence. 

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Probably cos most of them have done more detective work than you. Elton John and Bieber have dates that clash and the others aren't on the road / in the vicinity.

So when I asked why people were so sure it was him and the only reply I got was "because Emily said they were male and hadn't been before" I was kind of justified in basing my responses on this limited information.

If people have done lots of other detective work and we do have harder evidence that it's him then that's kind of what I was asking for. 🙄

Of course, I could just have gone back and read the whole thread. It is only 661 pages after all.

And just for the record, I despise Post Malone, just giving an example of somebody who is male, hasn't played before and has sold more records. Who to? I have no fucking idea, but somebody likes him and I come back to the same argument I always use in these situations "THEY BOOKED MUMFORDS TO HEADLINE!!!!"

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

So when I asked why people were so sure it was him and the only reply I got was "because Emily said they were male and hadn't been before" I was kind of justified in basing my responses on this limited information.

If people have done lots of other detective work and we do have harder evidence that it's him then that's kind of what I was asking for. 🙄

Of course, I could just have gone back and read the whole thread. It is only 661 pages after all.

And just for the record, I despise Post Malone, just giving an example of somebody who is male, hasn't played before and has sold more records. Who to? I have no fucking idea, but somebody likes him and I come back to the same argument I always use in these situations "THEY BOOKED MUMFORDS TO HEADLINE!!!!"

Odd hill to die on.

1 hour ago, Festival Liam said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Dua was as low as 3rd down on Pyramid. Didn't Ed Sheeran play that slot on his second album? Then onto headliner (like she will be on album 3). Would be nice to see her in the dark but doubt she's going to insist on a sub slot. 

I know I already posted it but can't get over how good 'Physical' is. 

She’s done OK since I saw her at G 2016... 8th down on the JP below Alessia Cara, to a less than 1/3 full tent!

Would love to see her sub on the Pyramid with a decent production but maybe is a bit too soon.

And yeah, ‘Physical’ is an absolute banger. Looking forward to the album...

6 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

This is like on football forums during international break when the boredom gets to one guy and he cracks and goes postal (malone) 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

The reason you were told it was a male who hadn't played before is because you were asking what makes him more likely than the bands that you mentioned. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bombfrog said:

The same Post Malone that is playing another gig on the Friday... Anyone else take ya fancy who’ve already been discounted on here?

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

But nobody said they "just want rock". And you just brought up Brexit and politics out of nowhere in two successive posts during a conversation about headliners.

This should obviously never be an apolitical forum but trying to pin the opinions of people on festival headliners onto a popular 'good vs. bad'/'right vs. wrong'/'us vs. them' theme is ridiculous and tiresome, even in a fairly partisan place like this.

Matt in acting like sixth form politics student shocker...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Give me enough time to hot foot across to catch PSB after Dua and you have yourself a deal sir.

Noooooo!   Gonna be greedy and say no to that deal 🤔

Hopefully they won’t  put PSB against Swifty - that would be a nightmare clash for me.  I really, really want to see PSB, but there is literally no-one I would miss Swifty for.

PSB any other night but not Sunday please🙏

8 hours ago, bombfrog said:

"THEY BOOKED MUMFORDS TO HEADLINE!!!!"

Genuinely, I still don't (never did) understand why this is a thing. Mumford & Sons were fucking massive when they played, they couldn't have been booked anywhere else. I know a lot of people that saw them an had a great time. 

Heck, I'd actually rather watch them than T Swizzle. No, that doesn't mean I think she shouldn't have been booked, but this forum has ridiculous double standards.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah. She's rumoured in the papers, she's touring at the time and she's one of the UK's biggest pop stars who hasn't played in a couple of years.

Also, no chance of Lorde anywhere.

12 hours ago, Matt42 said:

She popped up a few months ago to say that something personal within her family has halted her production of her new album. I think she’s sitting 2020 out to either take some time off or focus on the album.

Really excited and hopeful that she will be around in 2021.

Nice one. Caught a bit of her set accidentally in 2017, been hooked ever since. What a festival it could be for top class female acts with her, Taylor et al. Cannot wait!

15 hours ago, Matt42 said:

She popped up a few months ago to say that something personal within her family has halted her production of her new album. I think she’s sitting 2020 out to either take some time off or focus on the album.

Really excited and hopeful that she will be around in 2021.

Her dog died

20 hours ago, jimmillen said:

She’s done OK since I saw her at G 2016... 8th down on the JP below Alessia Cara, to a less than 1/3 full tent!

Would love to see her sub on the Pyramid with a decent production but maybe is a bit too soon.

And yeah, ‘Physical’ is an absolute banger. Looking forward to the album...

Yeah I saw her there too, she was great. Be the One is still probably her best tune, but Physical may be a close second.