2020 headliners

jj200

10 hours ago, Bisque said:

One Kiss went off at Mad Cool. So did most of the set tbh, was a nice change from the rock acts on that evening.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dua-lipa/2018/valdebebas-ifema-madrid-spain-63ebaaa7.html

I honestly thought One Kiss would be her final song. Certified singalong banger.

26 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just bring over Shakira and JLo to perform their Super Bowl set from last night. Doesn’t have to headline, anywhere will do! 

I nodded off and woke up for the halftime show ..... Shakira played 2010 I believe :) .... 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just bring over Shakira and JLo to perform their Super Bowl set from last night. Doesn’t have to headline, anywhere will do! 

I saw hustlers yesterday and watched the super bowl performance back.

JLO would smash a Janet Jackson style slot. I wouldn’t be surprised to see her on the bill in the future either.

I think she’d be a great future booking.

3 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

2007 and 2009.

Feels longer. Still over a decade ago and the super bowl is a bit different now.

When did the Janet Jackson issue happen? I know that after that they were very careful with what they allowed popstars to do. Looking back at how they dealt with it, it’s actually awful how they blamed Janet for something that Justin actually did.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Feels longer. Still over a decade ago and the super bowl is a bit different now.

When did the Janet Jackson issue happen? I know that after that they were very careful with what they allowed popstars to do. Looking back at how they dealt with it, it’s actually awful how they blamed Janet for something that Justin actually did.

That was '04.

Yes, the blaming of the black woman, rather than the white man for something that was obviously planned and choreographed by everyone involved was disgusting.

8 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

That was '04.

Yes, the blaming of the black woman, rather than the white man for something that was obviously planned and choreographed by everyone involved was disgusting.

I don’t think it was planned, I think Janet was the victim of a move that she had no idea about and then blamed for what would obviously happen if you try hard to rip a woman’s bra off.

33 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think you have to mime the halftime show. I did read this somewhere.

Pretty sure Gaga mentioned (in her doc maybe?) that she trained a lot so that she could do all the dancing for her super bowl gig and still be able to sing without breathing too heavily

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Pretty sure Gaga mentioned (in her doc maybe?) that she trained a lot so that she could do all the dancing for her super bowl gig and still be able to sing without breathing too heavily

I think it’s not an authoritative “you must mime” but they prefer it. It’s live TV and they want it to be absolutely perfect with lots of choreography and stage production.

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t think it was planned, I think Janet was the victim of a move that she had no idea about and then blamed for what would obviously happen if you try hard to rip a woman’s bra off.

Of course it was planned. It was part of the routine. Jackson was wearing nipple jewelry and just prior to the incident, Timberlake sang: "I'm gonna have you naked by the end of this song"....

I think the controversy caught them off guard and they had to walk back the incident afterwards, and try and convince  the world it was an error.

3 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Of course it was planned. It was part of the routine. Jackson was wearing nipple jewelry and just prior to the incident, Timberlake sang: "I'm gonna have you naked by the end of this song"....

I think the controversy caught them off guard and they had to walk back the incident afterwards, and try and convince  the world it was an error.

Interesting that. How awful is it that it was Janet that got the worst of it. They say it pretty much killed her career for a few years while Justin’s soared.