Jump to content

Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs


FloorFiller

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Still strong rumors there is a Vegas residency looming. So maybe some one offs and then just that.

 

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why would Adele do a Vegas residency? She isn't washed up yet.

There is a live in Vegas show but there isn’t a residency. It’s going to be broadcast worldwide and there may be a U.K equivalent.

Edited by Matt42
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why would Adele do a Vegas residency? She isn't washed up yet.

Don't think it's as simple as being washed up. There's been a fair few acts that don't fall into that category - Lady Gaga did one a couple years ago despite still being able to fill arenas and stadiums.

That's not not saying Adele will do it, but I can see the attraction for an artist - obviously the main one being they can make a crazy amount of money, while not having to travel around. Having a house on the outskirts of Vegas with your own private pool, gym, whatever and have a limo turn up to collect you a couple hours before show time and drop you home a few hours later sounds a lot more fun than spending a large chunk of your time dealing with planes and hotels especially at the moment with travel still being a shitshow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, incident said:

Don't think it's as simple as being washed up. There's been a fair few acts that don't fall into that category - Lady Gaga did one a couple years ago despite still being able to fill arenas and stadiums.

That's not not saying Adele will do it, but I can see the attraction for an artist - obviously the main one being they can make a crazy amount of money, while not having to travel around. Having a house on the outskirts of Vegas with your own private pool, gym, whatever and have a limo turn up to collect you a couple hours before show time and drop you home a few hours later sounds a lot more fun than spending a large chunk of your time dealing with planes and hotels especially at the moment with travel still being a shitshow.

I can see the appeal but still, if Lady Gaga in 2019 is the high-water mark of Las Vegas residencies then I'd be comfortable putting my chips on Adele not doing one in 2022.

Adele's manager has already cleared it up for us anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Why would Adele do a Vegas residency? She isn't washed up yet.

Lady Gaga has her vegas residency coming up yet again, Is she washed up?  If you understood the benefits of that sort of thing has then you could see how more artists are gravitating towards doing it, especially female artists with families. If a promoter offered Adele 50 million for 50 shows and all she had to do was perform once a week, who the hell says no?

This is the disconnect with what happens in the u.s vs uk and europe, you think our entertainment options only signal a certain thing when it comes to artists careers. The Vegas stigma has eroded a lot in the last decade.


current artists with vegas residencies coming up or active. How many  are “washed up”. 

Lady Gaga

Katy Perry

Gwen Stefani

Shania Twain

 Bruno Mars

Sting

Carrie Underwood

Pitbull

Usher

Kelly Clarkson

Aerosmith

Barry Manilow

Santana

Cher

Celine Dion

 

Edited by Suprefan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Lady Gaga has her vegas residency coming up yet again, Is she washed up?  If you understood the benefits of that sort of thing has then you could see how more artists are gravitating towards doing it, especially female artists with families. If a promoter offered Adele 50 million for 50 shows and all she had to do was perform once a week, who the hell says no?

This is the disconnect with what happens in the u.s vs uk and europe, you think our entertainment options only signal a certain thing when it comes to artists careers. The Vegas stigma has eroded a lot in the last decade.


current artists with vegas residencies coming up or active. How many  are “washed up”. 

Lady Gaga

Katy Perry

Gwen Stefani

Shania Twain

 Bruno Mars

Sting

Carrie Underwood

Pitbull

Usher

Kelly Clarkson

Aerosmith

Barry Manilow

Santana

Cher

Celine Dion

 

Literally every one of the acts you’ve just mentioned was in their prime 10+ years ago. Not that Adele couldn’t do a Vegas residency, but she’s probably the biggest artist in the world right now (or at least will be come the new single/album etc) so her deciding to do one would be pretty strange as it’s definitely something you do on the way down and looking for a big easy paycheque rather than up when the paycheques are coming in regardless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well at this point Adele is on the way down if you want to take the artists who are in their mid 30's and decided to take the Vegas route. She had  been vocal about not wanting to do the amount of touring she did on the last album for whatever followed. so  I dont know why this is so strange to do when clearly the artist does not want to go kill themselves again going around the world when the world can just come to them instead. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Lady Gaga has her vegas residency coming up yet again, Is she washed up?  If you understood the benefits of that sort of thing has then you could see how more artists are gravitating towards doing it, especially female artists with families. If a promoter offered Adele 50 million for 50 shows and all she had to do was perform once a week, who the hell says no?

This is the disconnect with what happens in the u.s vs uk and europe, you think our entertainment options only signal a certain thing when it comes to artists careers. The Vegas stigma has eroded a lot in the last decade.


current artists with vegas residencies coming up or active. How many  are “washed up”. 

Lady Gaga

Katy Perry

Gwen Stefani

Shania Twain

 Bruno Mars

Sting

Carrie Underwood

Pitbull

Usher

Kelly Clarkson

Aerosmith

Barry Manilow

Santana

Cher

Celine Dion

 

You intae Pitbull, hen?

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Santana is the literal definition of washed up, if you listen to them and you're less than 57 hang your head in shame.

People of any age should listen to whatever music they like without feeling shame (with the possible exception of some cancelled musicians). Shame on you for making such a statement 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

People of any age should listen to whatever music they like without feeling shame (with the possible exception of some cancelled musicians). Shame on you for making such a statement 

This is not true I am the arbiter of taste and will feel no shame from a 20s something Santana fan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, priest17 said:

This is not true I am the arbiter of taste and will feel no shame from a 20s something Santana fan

I wouldn't say I am a satanta fan, I like abraxas but have not delved further into his music.

I think there is a very obvious distinction between criticising a musician or their music and saying fans of that musician should feel ashamed of themselves.

I really don't care for Ed Sheeran and I don't understand why he is so popular but I don't think his fans should feel shame for liking him. Who am I am to judge them?

Are you one of those people who looks down at goths or metalheads or any other music subculture? Maybe you come from one of these subcultures which makes your statement even more shameful

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I wouldn't say I am a satanta fan, I like abraxas but have not delved further into his music.

I think there is a very obvious distinction between criticising a musician or their music and saying fans of that musician should feel ashamed of themselves.

I really don't care for Ed Sheeran and I don't understand why he is so popular but I don't think his fans should feel shame for liking him. Who am I am to judge them?

Are you one of those people who looks down at goths or metalheads or any other music subculture? Maybe you come from one of these subcultures which makes your statement even more shameful

I'm only messing about really mate, like what you like hate what you hate, as you were xxx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...