Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

4 hours ago, jump said:

In fairness every time he plays London he sells out Brixton so it's either Wembley or Ally Pally for a bigger capacity show and these are all seating so it's gonna be less than the 14k capacity they normally have at Wembley anyway.

I could actually be tempted to go see him, he's way better live than he has any right to be.

Rolo Tomassi are touring;

Rolo Tomassi 2022 tour

Was coming here to post this. Cannot wait for the new record and Pupil Slicer are batshit mental so I am well in for Nottingham. 

7 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I love Frank, but £37.50+fees is steep in my opinion. 

Really? I wouldn’t really consider myself a fan but considering his popularity, longevity and the prices of tickets just generally having gone up a little post-pandemic across the board, that seems pretty reasonable to me.

13 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

The price seems about standard for an act his size in that venue nowadays.

What really blows my mind is Alestorm, the Scottish pirate metal band, are playing Brixton the same venue as Frank with about the same ticket price tix. That’s a bigger venue than where I last saw Skindred, Monster Magnet, Bokassa, Stray Away From The Path, The Pretty Reckless and a lot actually great metal bands who aren’t a joke.

5 minutes ago, jump said:

What really blows my mind is Alestorm, the Scottish pirate metal band, are playing Brixton the same venue as Frank with about the same ticket price tix. That’s a bigger venue than where I last saw Skindred, Monster Magnet, Bokassa, Stray Away From The Path, The Pretty Reckless and a lot actually great metal bands who aren’t a joke.

Alestorm playing Brixton is a sign that we all deserved to be wiped out by COVID-19. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Really? I wouldn’t really consider myself a fan but considering his popularity, longevity and the prices of tickets just generally having gone up a little post-pandemic across the board, that seems pretty reasonable to me.

19 minutes ago, jump said:

What's more likely is that I simply don't realise how big he is these days.

As soon as we saw the ticket prices it put myself, my brother and my Dad off going. It would probably be the most expensive gig I'd bought a ticket for in Leeds not at the arena for example (and I don't think Frank is an arena act).

It probably doesn't help that I only really like pre-2012 Frank plus one or two tracks off each album after so I guess it comes down to being too much for me.

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

Big Frank fan, love him, been following him since 2007 and seen him in excess of 50 times, including 3 Lost Evenings but I agree. Time to spend that money on 3 up and coming bands that possibly need more support.

Think lost evenings worked out at 33 quid a night if you bought the weekend ticket ,so 37.50 doesn't seem too bad to be honest always puts everything in to each show his enthusiasm for every gig is undeniable and the amount time he spent supporting smaller venues during lockdown was admirable .

Its the hotels that take the piss nowadays soon as gig announced prices triple for a room .

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, cidy said:

Think lost evenings worked out at 33 quid a night if you bought the weekend ticket ,so 37.50 doesn't seem too bad to be honest always puts everything in to each show his enthusiasm for every gig is undeniable and the amount time he spent supporting smaller venues during lockdown was admirable .

Its the hotels that take the piss nowadays soon as gig announced prices triple for a room .

I'm a Londoner so I've never really had to do stuff like book hotels for gigs as they come to me anyway but the last few years with Milton Keynes (of all fucking places!) have started getting big only UK show and when I had planned to see Rage Against The Machine in France last year I've had to start doing it more and it's a right pain. Kudos to the folk who put up with that just to see live music.

10 minutes ago, jump said:

I'm a Londoner so I've never really had to do stuff like book hotels for gigs as they come to me anyway but the last few years with Milton Keynes (of all fucking places!) have started getting big only UK show and when I had planned to see Rage Against The Machine in France last year I've had to start doing it more and it's a right pain. Kudos to the folk who put up with that just to see live music.

Oh for the good old days when i was younger ,never bothered with hotels just travelled up got smashed enjoyed gig got bus/train home next day after a night in doorways or on a bench .

2 minutes ago, cidy said:

Oh for the good old days when i was younger ,never bothered with hotels just travelled up got smashed enjoyed gig got bus/train home next day after a night in doorways or on a bench .

I use to do that to after nights out in Brighton and a few other gigs. We use to get cans and drink outside the train station waiting for the first train or if I'm by myself I'd find the photo booth at the station to have a nap for an hour and then wake up in time for the first train. Being an adult sucks!

2 minutes ago, jump said:

I use to do that to after nights out in Brighton and a few other gigs. We use to get cans and drink outside the train station waiting for the first train or if I'm by myself I'd find the photo booth at the station to have a nap for an hour and then wake up in time for the first train. Being an adult sucks!

I once spent the night on a bench on Platform 1 of Wolverhampton station after a Pete Doherty gig overran.