Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, Haan said:

Reports from the Fugees first reunion gig 

https://www.stereogum.com/2161636/last-nights-fugees-reunion-started-three-hours-late-and-phones-werent-allowed/news/ 

Doors opened at 6, they got on at 10 (lol) and it lasted 45 mins

It was free so nobody lost anything but some of their soul. Performance is apparently going to be streamed so it will be nice to see no phones in the video.

4 hours ago, Haan said:

Reports from the Fugees first reunion gig 

https://www.stereogum.com/2161636/last-nights-fugees-reunion-started-three-hours-late-and-phones-werent-allowed/news/ 

Doors opened at 6, they got on at 10 (lol) and it lasted 45 mins

I’m surprised that they did a gig so soon, last I heard Wyclef Jean was gone till November. 

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

All of a sudden they all look so old!

Except for Frusciante. He's looked the same for about twenty years.

I didn't realise Frusciante had rejoined!

The idea of whether deciding not to see a band because you've seen them at their best is something that's been discussed elsewhere, but I think it's particularly valid with the Chilis. When they're great they're on fire, but when they're bad they are baaaaad. And I've seen both. Not sure it's a gamble worth taking!

I'm surprised the Peppers haven't been #metoo yet, they did loads of scummy shit back in the 90s apparently.

I'm jaded by them myself after so many bad shows but I was given free tixs on the last tour so I went anyway. I was talking to a couple of girls I didn't know who were really excited to see "rock legends" as they kept saying and they talked about how much they love their music and we talked about their songs which actually lightened me up to see it that way and enjoy the show more rather than waiting for them to be shit just so I can call them shit. Maybe being postive actually works. 

1 hour ago, jump said:

I'm surprised the Peppers haven't been #metoo yet, they did loads of scummy shit back in the 90s apparently.

Tbf, for whatever reason, pre-00’s musicians seem to have been given a huge pass when it comes to their shitty behaviour and ‘rock star antics’ of the past, despite a lot of it being quite heavily detailed in the media and their own braggy biographies. Maybe a lot of it being with ‘groupies’ has something to do with it? I’m not sure.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They have been me too'd tho, right?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/former-music-exec-says-she-was-sexually-harassed-by-2-of-the-red-hot-chili-peppers_n_571e1ac5e4b0d4d3f723ca21

Just that woke cancel culture doesn't really exist in the way that some people think it does.

The thing I've always heard about them was they had a thing for underage girls rather than that type of stuff.

Edited by jump