Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

18 hours ago, incident said:

While they've not had many big standalone concerts recently, the venue has continued to be used since then for Festivals - most recently Cool Britannia, and before that Sonisphere. None of them have had any reported issues with sound limits so it'd be absurd for them to be reimposed now.

Sound-wise they haven't done a 80k size show for 10 years. Hope they don't fuck it up

17 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I think it'll start at 12:30 allowing everyone to get in/traffic issues. Liam I think will do a 2hr set. Kasabian will get around 1hr 15 I think. Michael 55 at a guess. Fat White Family say 45 and Goat Girl 35 just at a guess.

It totally passed me by but Ashcroft on Friday in the Michael slot would be ace.

Ashcroft would be great, probably would piss off a lot of Saturday ticket holders honestly. Would be looking like this:

Liam 21:00-23:00

Kasabian 18:50-20:10

Michael 17:00-18:00

FWF 15:25-16:10

Goat Girl 14:10-14:45

Unless the sets are considerably longer it seems to me that more acts are to come for both dates. Maybe some kind of special guest opener to fill up the stage earlier. Ocean Colour Scene and Manics played the original so maybe they could be back (Prodigy as well but seem unlikely and I can't see Chems playing at 5pm). The original also had a tribute band opener, would be a cheap option for sure.

16 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Does anyone seriously believe Liam Gallagher of all people would agree to play a venue with an 8pm curfew?

Feel a bit stupid for even considering it could be true now honestly

I'm not a huge Liam or Oasis fan but a friend sent me a video of his TRNSMT headline set and his voice is fantastic again, the best I've heard him in years. He's clearly cleaned up and got healthy and got a good team around him.

Sort of mad to think he has steadily built up his live reputation again to the point where he can flog 150k+ tickets. The Oasis-heavy sets probably help, too.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Sound-wise they haven't done a 80k size show for 10 years. Hope they don't fuck it up

Ashcroft would be great, probably would piss off a lot of Saturday ticket holders honestly. Would be looking like this:

Liam 21:00-23:00

Kasabian 18:50-20:10

Michael 17:00-18:00

FWF 15:25-16:10

Goat Girl 14:10-14:45

Unless the sets are considerably longer it seems to me that more acts are to come for both dates. Maybe some kind of special guest opener to fill up the stage earlier. Ocean Colour Scene and Manics played the original so maybe they could be back (Prodigy as well but seem unlikely and I can't see Chems playing at 5pm). The original also had a tribute band opener, would be a cheap option for sure.

Yeah considering the time it's due to open I can definitely see an extra tribute added and The Bootleg Beatles would be great. A band with enough about them to get people in and spending money. I'll be restricted to just a couple of cisers given that I'll be driving down and back. Does make me wonder though whether to look for a room that isn't extortionate as I'm in hatfield the next day and stopping over.

Judging by the original both the bigger supports got an hour. If Manics was added that would be great. He had Ashcroft though at Manchestet Cricket Ground and he he had him come out before him at Finsbury as a like secret in a suspect extra long gap. 

But if I got on Friday any of The Bootleg Beatles, MSP, Ashcroft, The Coral or Johnny Marr that would be great. Ashcroft and The Coral primarily but that's just wanting haha.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Have Kasabian confirmed yet what their new arrangements are? I've heard rumours both of Serge as lead singer and of a new singer being recruited, and I noted that they start a UK tour later this week.

Nothing official, this was the last suggestion - 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/kasabian-line-up-new-singer-25085120

On 10/9/2021 at 9:29 AM, JHad said:

I thought they actually got worse as a band over the previous two years. Their original fake American schtick was (surprisingly) far more entertaining IMO. I hadn't heard the rumours but am not overly surprised as the singer always seemed to be apart from and apparently actively ignoring the rest of the band in crowds this summer. Something didn't seem right compared with the early days. 

I saw him hanging out with other band members at Green Man.

Personally they were one of my favourite bands this summer. Their Green Man set was the most fun I had at a festival. 

During their EOTR set he announced that it was their last gig for a while which was strange as they still had some scheduled in and then only confirmed they had cancelled them last week.

My other half spoke to one of the band after the show and he said he was going to be working with other people soon.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I can’t believe I forgot about the Mitski tickets.  Doubly annoying as Black Country New Road are supporting. 

I am gutted 😞 

Where have you seen this? They’re playing much the same venues as her on their upcoming tour so seems a little odd 

The Hold Steady back on Camden next year for The Weekender.

I know this is how they do things these days and I get that it basically saved them as a live outfit but it would be nice if they ventured to Manchester or somewhere closer one year.

711090160_Screenshot_20211011-100150_YahooMail.thumb.jpg.38510605f70f38147bef79b966807846.jpg

I need to ponder this one, train plus hotel doesn't make for a cheap gig. But they're so fucking good.

Edited by Gnomicide

Bryan Adan’s 

Bryan Adams' 2022 UK performance dates: 
Monday 9 May – Royal Albert Hall, London
Tuesday 10 May – Royal Albert Hall, London
Wednesday 11 May – Royal Albert Hall, London
Friday 13 May – Brighton Centre
Saturday 14 May – Utilita Arena, Birmingham 
Sunday 15 May – Nottingham Motorpoint
Tuesday 17 May – AO Arena, Manchester
Wednesday 18 May – M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool
Friday 20 May – Utilita Arena, Newcastle
Sunday 22 May – P&Js Live, Aberdeen
Monday 23 May – SSE Hydro, Glasgow 
Wednesday 25 May – Bonus Arena, Hull (Rescheduled date)
Thursday 26 May – The O2, London 
Friday 1 July – Scarborough Open Air Theatre (Rescheduled date)
Saturday 2 July – Halton Stadium, Widnes (Rescheduled date)
Sunday 3 July – QEII Arena, Telford (Rescheduled date)
Tuesday 5 July – The Riverside, Durham 
Wednesday 6 July – Floors Castle, Kelso 
Friday 8 July – Blickling Estate, Norwich
Sunday 10 July – Harewood House, Leeds (Rescheduled date)
Monday 11 July – Cardiff Castle (Rescheduled date)

45 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Bryan Adan’s 

Taking the whole of June off is one hell of a Glastonbury shaped hole.

24 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I know a total of zero people that would tolerate seeing these live but don't know if I can pass it up to be honest. Anyone know if they have any chance of being at Glastonbury?

They're atrocious live, unfortunately, and I say that as someone that can tolerate them. Honestly wouldn't bother.

Doubt they'll be at Glastonbury but they're doing the rounds at festivals next summer and have signed to a major so they'll be wanting to get their money's worth out of them. You'll be able to catch them at something or other.

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

They're atrocious live, unfortunately, and I say that as someone that can tolerate them. Honestly wouldn't bother.

Doubt they'll be at Glastonbury but they're doing the rounds at festivals next summer and have signed to a major so they'll be wanting to get their money's worth out of them. You'll be able to catch them at something or other.

I won't bother then, cheers for the heads up.  Such a weird band, I kinda wanna hate it but Ringtone ended up being my top played song of 2020.

1 hour ago, brettredmayne said:

Bryan Adan’s 

With the right setlist, he could storm a Pyramid late afternoon or even sub set.

This is a recent setlist (well, 2 years old but Covid). Stick to the bold stuff, he'd smash it.

The Last Night on Earth
Shine a Light
Can't Stop This Thing We Started
Run to You
Somebody
Heaven
It's Only Love

Cloud Number Nine
When You're Gone
(Everything I Do) I Do It for You

Back to You
The Only Thing That Looks Good on Me Is You
Cuts Like a Knife
18 til I Die

Please Forgive Me
Summer of '69
You Belong to Me

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

The Hold Steady back on Camden next year for The Weekender.

I know this is how they do things these days and I get that it basically saved them as a live outfit but it would be nice if they ventured to Manchester or somewhere closer one year.

711090160_Screenshot_20211011-100150_YahooMail.thumb.jpg.38510605f70f38147bef79b966807846.jpg

I need to ponder this one, train plus hotel doesn't make for a cheap gig. But they're so fucking good.

Do it! There's some reasonable Premier Inn deals for Friday through Monday for £120 or so in places like Hackney, or further out up the Northern Line. The Ballroom gigs finish early, so you could even get the overnight Megabus back to Manchester and save on a nights hotel bill.