Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Arse. Surely one of these days we'll get At the Drive-In? I might be way off base here, but Glastonbury seems like a much better fit for them. I guess the money just isn't there for them?

Assuming they'll be on the main stage at R/L this year they'll probably pull a small/uninterested crowd, but I can't imagine they'd fair much/any better at Glastonbury, plus it's hard to imagine where they'd be on the lineup

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

I also love the notion of billing Muse as a Euroeapn exclusive, two (three?) years in to their tour.

And yep the exclusives are getting more hilarious by the year. 'European exclusive, because they've played everywhere else that will have them two times over already'

25 minutes ago, jparx said:

Arse. Surely one of these days we'll get At the Drive-In? I might be way off base here, but Glastonbury seems like a much better fit for them. I guess the money just isn't there for them?

A band with actual stage presence, a bit of fire in their guts and an enthusiastic audience.  At Glastonbury?  Never.  You shall have your MOR slop and stand dull faced or singing along to that one single you know, and you will pay your increasing ticket price each year for it and you will like it!

11 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Ed Sheeran doing an arena tour with James blunt

Yeah not the most suitable act for the majority of his fanbase. Hope it doesn't mean the rest of the album is becoming more Radio 2. Him only doing arenas so far is no surprise, he specifically said he wanted to get the tour perfect in arenas this year before going around stadiums next year. Shame he's doing the worst venue in Birmingham or I'd be there, have to think twice now.

3 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Yeah not the most suitable act for the majority of his fanbase. Hope it doesn't mean the rest of the album is becoming more Radio 2. Him only doing arenas so far is no surprise, he specifically said he wanted to get the tour perfect in arenas this year before going around stadiums next year. Shame he's doing the worst venue in Birmingham or I'd be there, have to think twice now.

did he actually say stadiums next year, or stadiums after?

don't know about other places, but he's only doing 2 nights in the 3Arena in Dublin, when he did 4 nights there a few years ago.

the tour is pretty small in general IMO.

there's still 1 more concert to be announced for Croke Park stadium which there are few contenders for at this stage, so my money would have been on him unless he specifically said stadiums next year?

16 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

did he actually say stadiums next year, or stadiums after?

don't know about other places, but he's only doing 2 nights in the 3Arena in Dublin, when he did 4 nights there a few years ago.

the tour is pretty small in general IMO.

there's still 1 more concert to be announced for Croke Park stadium which there are few contenders for at this stage, so my money would have been on him unless he specifically said stadiums next year?

yeah he said specifically only arenas this year, only stadiums next. then in another interview implied The Millenium in Cardiff would be one of them (something like he wouldn't be playing in Wales this year because the arenas are too small but will be playing there next year) 

obviously there'll be extra dates added in each city once the existing shows sell out, though.

Edited by Zac Quinn

6 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

I'm shocked he is doing Newcastle as acts his size normally bypass the north east 

No Leeds date - R1BW in Hull then?

20 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

From 3 nights at Wembley to 2 nights at The o2. Is Ed billing this as an intimate tour? 

That'll probably extend to, like, 5 nights.