Headliner predictions 2017

swede

1 minute ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Did the Foo's not self announce at the NME awards last time? Can see them doing that again. Which would mean they'd be next. 

They did, that's next month isn't it. I think they'll announce it a bit differently this time, especially if they get creative again like the Radiohead announcement

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Purple aki squat said:

The apprentice has a shit load to answer for and that's the truth, or however some dickhead bullshit merchant wants to describe it.

Stone Roses doing Saturday night I heard. This may be a misuse of words.

Live stream from Glasgow?

7 minutes ago, mufcok said:

They did, that's next month isn't it. I think they'll announce it a bit differently this time, especially if they get creative again like the Radiohead announcement

Would also work with glasto announcing the full lineup, with Ed as the final headliner as he releases the new album

9 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

They always tend to be up for some tawdry award at the NME's though don't they? Best International Band, or Best Live Act or Best Band with Former Nirvana Members Who Recorded An Album Where All The Tracks Were Recorded In Different Cities.  

Yeah, like they have anything to compete with Krist on a Bike: Thirteen Tales from Urban America.

I don't think they have to be there though. Emily confirmed PJ Harvey who was probably nowhere in the vicinity.

57 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah, like they have anything to compete with Krist on a Bike: Thirteen Tales from Urban America.

I don't think they have to be there though. Emily confirmed PJ Harvey who was probably nowhere in the vicinity.

Looking at Krist these days I just assumed he next album was a spoken word compilation of him reciting mundane letters of complaint he received while serving as a state committeeman. 

24 minutes ago, Likearollingstone said:

Not been on for a while, and can't dedicate enough time to read 290 pages back. Seen a few lines to suggest Foo Fighters and Ed Sheeran are dead certs to join Radiohead - is this looking like it's happening?

Radiohead would be great but the other two somewhat flatter to deceive for me.

I think Neil is pretty confident that's the case, yeah.

I think it has also been suggested Lady Gaga will be playing (more that likely on before Ed) and Diane Ross is the legends slot.

7 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I think it has also been suggested Lady Gaga will be playing (more that likely on before Ed) and Diane Ross is the legends slot.

I know its obviously the most likely but a part of me cant help but think she will be too good for him to follow. Although that might be true of more than just Ed. Basically what I'm saying is I'd rather Gaga headline.

Thats not me trying to restart the gaga headliner or not debate!

Edited by mjsell

32 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I know its obviously the most likely but a part of me cant help but think she will be too good for him to follow. Although that might be true of more than just Ed. Basically what I'm saying is I'd rather Gaga headline.

I'm leaning towards a FF, Gaga, KC finishing Pyramid Sunday myself. I don't think they'll but a crazy show if you like on before Ed whereas before a rock show won't matter.

43 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I'm leaning towards a FF, Gaga, KC finishing Pyramid Sunday myself. I don't think they'll but a crazy show if you like on before Ed whereas before a rock show won't matter.

17 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

KC as in Kaiser Chiefs headlining Pyramid or are you talking subs here? either way no chance surely?!!