Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, zero000 said:

I don't think you call label Kate Hopkins as mentally ill  solely based upon her appearances in the media. She's clearly a vile woman, but labeling her doesn't help things.

Yeah I'd like to think she wouldn't say half the things she says if she actually had any remote comprehension of what it's like to have a disability, suffer from mental health problems, be in an ethnic minority, come out as LGBT etc. Though I do agree that every single media outlet which gives her airtime (let alone commissions a TV show based around the idea 'what is the worst thing Katie Hopkins can say') needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

Edited by Zac Quinn

1 hour ago, zero000 said:

I don't think you call label Kate Hopkins as mentally ill  solely based upon her appearances in the media. She's clearly a vile woman, but labeling her doesn't help things.

She's quite clearly got some kind of personality disorder, she seems to me like she fits neatly into the category of a psychopath. You can't really say that her appearances in the media aren't reflective of who she is; she's a person who has made intentionally upsetting and offending as many people as she can to be her life's work.

12 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

She's quite clearly got some kind of personality disorder, she seems to me like she fits neatly into the category of a psychopath. You can't really say that her appearances in the media aren't reflective of who she is; she's a person who has made intentionally upsetting and offending as many people as she can to be her life's work.

There's a reason why mental health professionals don't comment on the mental health of people in the public eye. Sweeping statements aren't helpful, ethical or even accurate. She holds many views that I find utterly abhorrent , but saying she's a psychopath doesn't help us. The sad fact is that a lot of people hold very similar views to her, dismissing them all  just leads us to fall  further back into our own bubble. 

10 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Neil's going to bang our heads together when he sees this tomorrow.

well I would, tho for once efesters have made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, cos there's not any wacko raving right nutter waded in yet. 

Give it time, I guess. :P

10 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I reckon this year's headliners will be Radiohead, Ed Sheeran and the Foo Fighters! What do you make of that then eh?

I make that headliner bingo. :P

9 hours ago, Waapster said:

While undoubtedly loathsome, Hopkins *does* have a disability. She has epilepsy and regularly has fits so severe that she dislocates her shoulder. I have no sympathy for her and it doesn't make anything better. But just thought I'd say...

Hasn't she slated the NHS in the past? Bet she still makes use of the free epilepsy medication though. 

She's made millions of pounds from getting the rabid right reading her articles and agreeing with her and the rabid left reading her articles and disagreeing with her. 

She's decided that being hated by millions of people she'll never meet is worth it in exchange for millions of pounds. I guess that's just a sign of the times. I blame nasty nick from the original big brother, he started it!

37 minutes ago, russycarps said:

She's made millions of pounds from getting the rabid right reading her articles and agreeing with her and the rabid left reading her articles and disagreeing with her. 

She's decided that being hated by millions of people she'll never meet is worth it in exchange for millions of pounds. I guess that's just a sign of the times. I blame nasty nick from the original big brother, he started it!

Human equivalent of Taboola, reeling 'em in.