Headliner predictions 2017

swede

16 minutes ago, Tuna said:

No Leeds date - R1BW in Hull then?

That'll probably extend to, like, 5 nights. 

Just seen his manager has said there'll be no more dates added, weird, idk

also ticket prices have doubled in price since his last arena tour, which is a real shame given his management was previously very proud of the fact they'd never over-charge people. Success gets them all in the end, I guess :( 

Edited by Zac Quinn

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Ha ha. Brilliant.

I have said for the last 2 years he is a "ginger James Blunt". Its the same shite. My sister has argued with me that he is "Nothing like Blunt. Blunt is shit"

I have enjoyed giving her that news

They have the same management so that's where it comes from I guess. 

Blunt is better, but solely based on his Twitter account! As musicians they are both abominable! 

32 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Just seen his manager has said there'll be no more dates added, weird, idk

also ticket prices have doubled in price since his last arena tour, which is a real shame given his management was previously very proud of the fact they'd never over-charge people. Success gets them all in the end, I guess :( 

He since tweeted that no prices have been released so anything regarding them is false.

I'd go watch him but I'll risk waiting for him to be announced for Glastonbury.

21 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

He since tweeted that no prices have been released so anything regarding them is false.

He did yeah but his manager has said the ones on See (eg £84 before booking fees for standing at the O2) are correct. Real shame he's given in to greed, perhaps it was inevitable after all

Edited by Zac Quinn

1 minute ago, Zac Quinn said:

He did yeah but his manager has said the ones on See (eg £84 before booking fees for standing at the O2) is correct. Real shame he's given in to greed, perhaps it was inevitable after all

Yeah agreed. Solo artists like Ed Sheeran really have little excuse other than greed to push their prices up so high. People complained about Radiohead's ticket prices at 70 quid a pop but for that you were getting five band members all getting paid equally plus Clive (who may have been too), a set up that required far more equipment, technicians, roadies etc, I would guess the lighting rig etc would've been a lot more complex too...

Ed Sheeran plays entirely solo with just a few effects pedals and microphones. There are minimal overheads compared to many acts apart from the usual ones - he could charge 50 quid a ticket and still make an absolute killing compared to most people in major stadium sized acts. 

5 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

He did yeah but his manager has said the ones on See (eg £84 before booking fees for standing at the O2) are correct. Real shame he's given in to greed, perhaps it was inevitable after all

Ah right. £84 (probably close to £90 after fees) for a standing ticket is obscene. 

1 minute ago, arcade fireman said:

Yeah agreed. Solo artists like Ed Sheeran really have little excuse other than greed to push their prices up so high. People complained about Radiohead's ticket prices at 70 quid a pop but for that you were getting five band members all getting paid equally plus Clive (who may have been too), a set up that required far more equipment, technicians, roadies etc, I would guess the lighting rig etc would've been a lot more complex too...

Ed Sheeran plays entirely solo with just a few effects pedals and microphones. There are minimal overheads compared to many acts apart from the usual ones - he could charge 50 quid a ticket and still make an absolute killing compared to most people in major stadium sized acts. 

Radiohead write their own songs though so would probably make more through publishing and stuff

2 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

Radiohead write their own songs though so would probably make more through publishing and stuff

This album aside, Sheeran normally has more than a 5th share writing credit on his songs, so will still be getting more money from that side than each member of Radiohead.

I only know this because I had a look on Wikipedia.  For some reason, he didn't even have a credit on half of the song on this album.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/÷_(album)

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

This album aside, Sheeran normally has more than a 5th share writing credit on his songs, so will still be getting more money from that side than each member of Radiohead.

I only know this because I had a look on Wikipedia.  For some reason, he didn't even have a credit on half of the song on this album.  

Yeah good point. I want Johnny McDaids job, sitting in a mansion in LA while Ed is out making money for him.

12 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Pretty obvious that list isn't entirely accurate though.. unless tracks five, nine and 11 were literally written by nobody 

Edited by Zac Quinn

12 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Get real guys we'd all charge that much if we could. It's like people who complain about footballers following the money when they'd definitely do the same if they were in their position.

Yeah it's just the fact they pledged he would never hike his fees up this much, so less-privileged fans wouldn't be alienated, that's the disappointing thing. Even when he played Wembley he kept it low (£45-£52)

8 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Get real guys we'd all charge that much if we could. It's like people who complain about footballers following the money when they'd definitely do the same if they were in their position.

There's a difference between charging a fair amount and what's being offered and ripping fans off. Glastonbury could hike the ticket price up to 350 quid a ticket and it would still sell out comfortably. But plenty of people wouldn't be able to afford it so they don't.

Many acts who could sell out venues several times over could probably charge even more for tickets (and would be much more justified in doing so when there's more of them to share the money) but don't. 

To use your footballer analogy, the Chinese clubs could afford any footballer in the world, but I think you'd find Diego Costa aside most of the best footballers in the world will still stay in Europe for less money so even with them it's not just about the cash. To prioritise your income this much when you're already earning a fuckload, even if it means plenty of your fans can't attend is just greed. And deserves to be called out with artists who cultivate a "nice guy" image like Sheeran does. 

40 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Its market forces. The problem is the people who pay the prices. Other countries don't do it, so I'm not sure why us Brits do. 

Edited by fatyeti24

7 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

To use your footballer analogy, the Chinese clubs could afford any footballer in the world, but I think you'd find Diego Costa aside most of the best footballers in the world will still stay in Europe for less money so even with them it's not just about the cash.

not really a great analogy as China is a completely different way of life.

if Chelsea started offering the same type of money as the Chinese clubs, they'd have footballers all over the UK and Europe lining up to sign with them.

if a rival company offered me double the amount of money for doing relatively the same work, i'd be out the door here ASAP, and I'd imagine most of us on here would do the same too.

Edited by ghostdancer1