Headliner predictions 2017

swede

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Thanks for writing that Scruff.  That's almost exactly what I wanted to post last night, but couldn't be bothered. In 2010 I had dreams of Radiohead playing The Park from what was said.  That was obviously bonkers!*  I think in the end Emily admitted that despite their aspirations of doing something really different and having past headliners from the last 40 years playing, they still had all the usual constraint - I.e. the same budget, same pool of available artists and health and safety concerns that would come from putting Coldplay on in Bourbon Street at 11:00.  

*The fact that Radiohead actually did play The Park in 2011 only goes to prove that there was nothing that unusual about the 2010 line-up, enjoyable though it was.

I miss Bourbon Street :(

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I miss Bourbon Street :(

Great little spot but it was a bit loud. I'd love similar but with some bona fide Mississippi bluesmen at the festival. Theres lots of greats out there, and touring, but they don't tend to turn up. 

Or just book Eric Clapton for fucks sake. 

Edited by The Nal

Aye, Justice would be a shitter to miss but it wouldn't even be a contest. 

The above hypothetical sub contest would be worse. Avalanches would be my first choice but would be tempted by xx into Radiohead on the Pyramid. 

Ah, agonising over clashes that don't yet exist. 

5 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Disturbing your cocoa was it, granddad? You take your slippers to glastonbury these days?

Nothing worse than middle class middle aged white blokes thinking blues is better by turning the volume up on their amps.

Edited by The Nal

On 05/01/2017 at 5:14 PM, HoTWire said:

I was really hoping for something better stage wise from Underworld, given that they were at one point pioneers of all dance music visual design cross over stuff.

We rolled through WH during Earth, Wind and Fire and were also unimpressed. :/

For the first time in many years, I got to the front of the stage for Underworld (last time was last time they played I think) and I thoroughly enjoyed it, however, it was almost a carbon copy of their set that they did in Jan at the 6Music weekend in Bristol. But I think they are brilliant, so I didn't mind :)

I wasn't quite in the middle, but still managed to get a few good pics:

DSCN0965.JPG

DSCN0969.JPG

unrelated: are you the RR HoTWire ?

18 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Imo they'll have a dance act of some kind on the Other against Radiohead so are unlikely to put Justice against them. But I could be wrong.

Yeah this is where I'm at. Got The Prodigy up against Radiohead currently so don't have Justice on at the same time. Then again my next choice after The Prodigy would be The Weeknd, in which case I'd probably stick Justice on WH at the time.

The R&L UK exclusive claim over Major Lazer is gonna end up being bullshit and they'll end up opposite Radiohead like we all predicted from the start.

1 minute ago, paulshane said:

thought as much, it's phil / spiny here, just using this login as my usual one was taken (probably by me years ago)

see you in June maybe :)

aha cool, :)  Yeah, I'm sure there will be time between running between stages to grab a tea, or whatever takes your fancy :)

23 minutes ago, Krisesk said:

Was there ever anything to discredit the possibility of Kings of Leon headlining?

I ask in hope that there was, before anyone gets any ideas!

They said the hadn't been asked, I think they're an exclusive elsewhere, and Radiohead, Ed Sheeran and the Foo Fighters are headlining