Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Of course that stands up as a logical reading into it, but we don't know anything of the sort so my point is saying "uh yar everybody the only possible conclusion from those tour dates is that she's going on a religious sabbatical in June and July so will definitely not be appearing and thus we must halt all discussion at once or forever be ashamed" is a bit hasty :P

Yep for sure. I'm not dismissing the discussion, just offering the opposing side. It's practically all in the interpretation seeing as none of us actually have a clue what the dates or lack of dates mean. Least it gives the headliners thread some more attention after a dry year.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Yep for sure. I'm not dismissing the discussion, just offering the opposing side. It's practically all in the interpretation seeing as none of us actually have a clue what the dates or lack of dates mean. Least it gives the headliners thread some more attention after a dry year.

Quite so, anything is more fun than last year

Just now, SloopJohnB said:

Just out of curiosity.....Has a Pyramid headliner ever returned to Glastonbury after headlining and not headlines when they returned? Secret sets aside I can't think of one??

Dozens.

Off the top of my head.. Van Morrison. Levellers. Manics. Travis.

Anyhow.. that comment she made in october or whatever "Glastonbury? I dont have permission to say anything about that!"maybe she was taking the piss, but Emily said when RH was announced that 90% of the lineup was already booked. Sure the logistics doesn't match up, but then again she's a superstar and not a penny pinching band

Edited by Ovechkin

6 hours ago, amb said:

Long time reader but don't usually post(!) however I emailed LiveNation about ticket prices earlier this morning and they start at £35 for seated in Manchester, progressing to £55, £80 and then £105 plus booking fee :) 

Oooohh really that's good then, as I just looked at the price on ticket master and only had the one price 

The first time I ever heard of Ed Sheeran was on this very website.  There was some year or other (2010?) when he played about 823 times all over site, and various members of this forum were pre-fest creaming themselves about his amazingness, and post-fest they had many additional acolytes drawn to their cause.

I guess what I'm saying is that there might be an element of "ooo he's all successful therefore he's a bit shit innit".

Or everyone that used to post such messages has left.

(Or I've imagined the whole thing, in which case please feel free to ignore me).

8 minutes ago, ogriff said:

The first time I ever heard of Ed Sheeran was on this very website.  There was some year or other (2010?) when he played about 823 times all over site, and various members of this forum were pre-fest creaming themselves about his amazingness, and post-fest they had many additional acolytes drawn to their cause.

I guess what I'm saying is that there might be an element of "ooo he's all successful therefore he's a bit shit innit".

(Or I've imagined the whole thing, in which case please feel free to ignore me).

There's no shortage of efesters who get very excited over the new, regardless of quality. Few share the taste and decency of posters such as me, or, indeed, your good self, ogriff. 

Keep fighting the noble fight, it's us against the world. 

51 minutes ago, ogriff said:

I saw him many a year ago supporting Ok Go at the Leccy Ballroom (with his mum selling merch at the back) and I can confirm he was shit back then too.

16 minutes ago, 01seb said:

Radiohead, The XX

Ed Sheeran, Lady Gaga

Foo Fighters, Paolo Nutini

Slowly giving up on my Paolo tbh :( he's announced a few things but nothing at all major and there are just too many bands to squeeze into the top of the bill. Really thought he'd launch a new album campaign out of headlining Hogmanay but it's all gone quiet again.